Weirdest lies people have told you about the series?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cyberman
Not-So-Newbie
Location: Ascending Super Saiyan in the Room of Spirit and Time

Post by Cyberman » Fri May 05, 2006 7:50 pm

ulisa wrote: 1) My first boyfriend told me that he stopped liking Gohan because he started to use guns in the later half of the series. Where he got that I have NO idea. Only people I ever remember using guns were the bad guys in the Red Ribbon Army.
Once again, guns sure are useful.

chronocross
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chronocross » Sat May 06, 2006 12:52 am

About eight years ago, my brother once told me that he once saw a manga on a convention back from my country where there was a tall Kuririn with hair and that he was the most powerfull human in the world.
Maybe he is but what about Ten-Shin Han. Anyhow, I just find amusing imagining Kuririn being tall and with hair
I aim to misbehave

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sat May 06, 2006 5:13 pm

chronocross wrote:Anyhow, I just find amusing imagining Kuririn being tall and with hair
Well, Kuririn does grow hair, and then a mustage, too. :)
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Sat May 06, 2006 6:01 pm

veshira wrote:
chronocross wrote:Anyhow, I just find amusing imagining Kuririn being tall and with hair
Tall, on the other hand is forever beyond his reach.

Hehe. I made a funny.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun May 07, 2006 8:43 am

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:
veshira wrote:
Tall, on the other hand is forever beyond his reach.

Hehe. I made a funny.
Haha! And a good one at that. :lol:

kirkywirky

Post by kirkywirky » Sun May 07, 2006 10:39 pm

My cousins told me before that since Kuririn is the strongest human in the series, he'll later on transform into a Super Saiyajin (that, according to those liars, explains why the creator of DBZ let Kuririn grow hair).

Oh well, I never believed that because I really thought Tenshinhan's the strongest human in the series.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Mon May 08, 2006 7:27 am

kirkywirky wrote:My cousins told me before that since Kuririn is the strongest human in the series, he'll later on transform into a Super Saiyajin (that, according to those liars, explains why the creator of DBZ let Kuririn grow hair).

Oh well, I never believed that because I really thought Tenshinhan's the strongest human in the series.
I've seen arguments that Kuririn is the strongest human in the series becaus Yamcha says so to Marron during one of the Budokais. (I think it was the 25th).

Anyway, I personally still think Tenshinhan is stronger, and that what Yamcha says isn't exactly the end all be all truth of it.

kirkywirky

Post by kirkywirky » Mon May 08, 2006 9:05 am

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:
kirkywirky wrote:My cousins told me before that since Kuririn is the strongest human in the series, he'll later on transform into a Super Saiyajin (that, according to those liars, explains why the creator of DBZ let Kuririn grow hair).

I've seen arguments that Kuririn is the strongest human in the series becaus Yamcha says so to Marron during one of the Budokais. (I think it was the 25th).

Anyway, I personally still think Tenshinhan is stronger, and that what Yamcha says isn't exactly the end all be all truth of it.
I agree. Yamcha's not that credible (because if he was, he wouldn't be dumped by Bulma, would he? :lol: ). I think the only thing that made Kuririn seemed to be stronger than Tenshinhan is because he (Kuririn) is almost always present during the fiercest of battles: (1) He survived the Saiyajin Arrival, (2) He was in Namek during the Freeza Saga, (3) He was there during the Androids'/Cell's saga, (4) He even courageously attempted to fight Super Buu to protect his family. Well, I call that courage.

But power-wise... I still think Tenshinhan's better (and it would be a lot believable if my cousins claimed him to have transformed into SSJ)

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 08, 2006 1:30 pm

Part of Kuririn lasting during those events is his strong "survival instinct", aka "stand back and don't jump in". :P Though he has plenty of times when it was dire.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

ssj-tom

Post by ssj-tom » Mon May 08, 2006 2:47 pm

My friend had a picture of Cell before the Cell Saga aired in the U.K., and he told me that Cell was Frieza's grandfather.
Goku: You seem to delight in seeing other people suffer, and you treat life like a disposable comodity. You destroy homes, you take the lives of innocent peace loving people, you even take the lives of children, and all of this for your own amusement or personal gain. Well, now it's your turn.

kirkywirky

Post by kirkywirky » Mon May 08, 2006 9:06 pm

There was even a lie that floated around that Freeza was a homosexual. I haven't seen Freeza on TV that time, only in pictures. And I have to agree. Sometimes Freeza looked like a mean lady than a powerful weird-looking alien who has thick purple lipstick... well at least in pictures.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Tue May 09, 2006 2:16 am

When you think about it and take a look at Frieza... you can't really even give 'it' a gender. Despite all that, Frieza is an awesome character.

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Tue May 09, 2006 6:25 am

kirkywirky wrote:There was even a lie that floated around that Freeza was a homosexual. I haven't seen Freeza on TV that time, only in pictures. And I have to agree. Sometimes Freeza looked like a mean lady than a powerful weird-looking alien who has thick purple lipstick... well at least in pictures.
Well, if you take frieza's appearence, add the FUNimation voice, and have him walk around with someone like Zarbon :wink: . You've got one convincing bag of evidence.
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

kirkywirky

Post by kirkywirky » Tue May 09, 2006 11:06 am

_Jrinu_ wrote:
kirkywirky wrote:There was even a lie that floated around that Freeza was a homosexual. I haven't seen Freeza on TV that time, only in pictures. And I have to agree. Sometimes Freeza looked like a mean lady than a powerful weird-looking alien who has thick purple lipstick... well at least in pictures.
Well, if you take Freeza's appearence, add the FUNimation voice, and have him walk around with someone like Zarbon :wink: . You've got one convincing bag of evidence.
Okay. I take Freeza's appearance.. the FUNimation voice.. and yeah he walks around (um.. probably he roams around riding that odd-looking pod) with Zarbon. Does that mean?! Oh my gosh! :shock:

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Tue May 09, 2006 8:58 pm

kirkywirky wrote:
_Jrinu_ wrote:
Well, if you take Freeza's appearence, add the FUNimation voice, and have him walk around with someone like Zarbon :wink: . You've got one convincing bag of evidence.
Okay. I take Freeza's appearance.. the FUNimation voice.. and yeah he walks around (um.. probably he roams around riding that odd-looking pod) with Zarbon. Does that mean?! Oh my gosh! :shock:
Lol, so Frieza's probably not really homosexual, but it is pretty funny to joke around with.
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Fri May 12, 2006 1:39 am

_Jrinu_ wrote:Well, if you take Freeza's appearence, add the FUNimation voice, and have him walk around with someone like Zarbon :wink: . You've got one convincing bag of evidence.
Not to mention the lines. I believe "This was never meant to be," a music video by Meri, has many odd Funi lines that make the characters seem... well, I'm not sure with Freeza, if he's even a he, but most seem homosexual. It's a really funny video. :D
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Cyberman
Not-So-Newbie
Location: Ascending Super Saiyan in the Room of Spirit and Time

Post by Cyberman » Fri May 12, 2006 9:43 pm

I want to caress these balls.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri May 12, 2006 10:19 pm

Cyberman wrote:I want to caress these balls.
They give me this feeling that resembles joy, I think.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri May 12, 2006 11:46 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Whatever turns you on, big boy.

unstable_person99
Beyond Newbie

Post by unstable_person99 » Sat May 13, 2006 12:02 am

Rocketman wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
Whatever turns you on, big boy.
We could have been so good together.
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/f169/unstable_person99/Avatars/?sc=1&multi=13&addtype=local&media=image&test=test]Avatars[/url]