U6 Tournament, Predictions on who will fight who.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: U6 Tournament, Predictions on who will fight who.

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:49 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Stil don't understand why people think that u6 saiyan is a girl for some reasons?
The U6 Saiyan's appearance is more gender neutral than anything. So if it's later revealed that the U6 Saiyan is a male or a female, it really wouldn't appear to be out of left field because the appearance of the U6 Saiyan has been so ambiguous.
Sure I get that but going by the appearance really doesn't scream this guy a girl at all but we'll have to see tomorrow.
Is the next chapter going to be leaked tomorrow.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:57 am

So since Boo is out and Goku faces Botamo.My prediction changed again.

If tagging out is not allowed
If tagging out is allowed

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:54 am

I feel that tagging out would probably be allowed since they are kind of hyping up for a Goku and Hit finale it seems. Buu being eliminated threw off my prediction.

I feel that Vegeta will definitely fight Kabe and be pushed to SSGSS, If Kabe doesn't go SSGSS I feel he would bust out a SS4 type transformation.

Goku vs Hit is also a given.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:12 am

LongLostSaiyan wrote:I feel that tagging out would probably be allowed since they are kind of hyping up for a Goku and Hit finale it seems. Buu being eliminated threw off my prediction.

I feel that Vegeta will definitely fight Kabe and be pushed to SSGSS, If Kabe doesn't go SSGSS I feel he would bust out a SS4 type transformation.

But by how Goku said "it could end with just me" line I think tagging out aint allowed.

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:34 am

But that line could mean anything, For all we know he just thinks he can beat everyone without tagging out.. Once again his overconfidence is showing. Wasn't there a special fighting order, with PIccolo being after Goku then followed by Vegeta and Monaka, I think because they are one member short they will give Goku a second shot to fill that one member in to make things fair.

_FutureTrunks_
Not-So-Newbie

Post by _FutureTrunks_ » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:02 pm

will wait for the episodes to see the characters...
Last edited by _FutureTrunks_ on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Gohan was my master

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:03 pm

_FutureTrunks_ wrote:i cant believe that these are the new characters of Universe 6, a guy (Hit) whose head is like a male genital organ, a boy (Cabba) who reminds (me personally) Vegeta, a new version of Freezer (Frost) but in a different color, a bully teddy bear (Botamo), and finally a robot (Magetta) that looks like a steam train. I thought that Akira will come with a more serious characters and not with characters for 5-6 years old kids, lol.
I completely disagree. He always liked to play with people's expectations and a simple design is a great way to do that.

I take it you think Vegeta's and Freeza's designs are for kids, since you said these new characters look like them. And I really can't see a penis in Hit's face, so maybe you're thinking too much about it.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:28 pm

_FutureTrunks_ wrote:i cant believe that these are the new characters of Universe 6, a guy (Hit) whose head is like a male genital organ, a boy (Cabba) who reminds (me personally) Vegeta, a new version of Freezer (Frost) but in a different color, a bully teddy bear (Botamo), and finally a robot (Magetta) that looks like a steam train. I thought that Akira will come with a more serious characters and not with characters for 5-6 years old kids, lol.
And yet some of the strongest warriors in the universe were designed to look like giant slug-like humanoid, a big green cicada and fat pink blob that wears a cape.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:19 pm

LongLostSaiyan wrote:I feel that tagging out would probably be allowed since they are kind of hyping up for a Goku and Hit finale it seems. Buu being eliminated threw off my prediction.

I really hope Cabe doesn't go SSG or SSB. It's a perfect oppurtunity to re-canonize SSJ4 design or introduce something completly different without having the known U7 Saiyans do it first yet again,, they have enough different forms as it is.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:10 am

Basaku wrote:I really hope Cabe doesn't go SSG or SSB. It's a perfect oppurtunity to re-canonize SSJ4 design or introduce something completly different without having the known U7 Saiyans do it first yet again,, they have enough different forms as it is.
I completely agree. There's even precedence for this line of thinking if we consider that U6 Saiyans have evolved differently from U7 Saiyans.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:53 am

Basaku wrote:

I really hope Cabe doesn't go SSG or SSB. It's a perfect oppurtunity to re-canonize SSJ4 design or introduce something completly different without having the known U7 Saiyans do it first yet again,, they have enough different forms as it is.

I really hope Cabba has a completely different transformation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. I think he can probably control the Super Saiyan God status without ritual. Maybe he can't even go Super Saiyan.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:33 am

Glad I'm not the only one hopping for a SSJ4 :lol: that form looked better than any supersaiyan form up to date, the tail, the eyes, just fcking perfection!

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:20 pm

The only reason I think the SSJ4 speculation might end up somewhat right is because Kaba's design is already so slim and small, it seems like he was designed with the idea of a transformation making him bigger and buffer, and SSJ4 would fit that. I don't think Toriyama would use something that wasn't designed by himself though. So, it's more likely to be just some new transformation fitting the same niche.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Neon Z wrote:The only reason I think the SSJ4 speculation might end up somewhat right is because Kaba's design is already so slim and small, it seems like he was designed with the idea of a transformation making him bigger and buffer, and SSJ4 would fit that. I don't think Toriyama would use something that wasn't designed by himself though. So, it's more likely to be just some new transformation fitting the same niche.

I hope he does. He has all right to, and he certainly likes it, but it's a pipe dream.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:09 pm

Neon Z wrote:I don't think Toriyama would use something that wasn't designed by himself though.
I've been thinking about this too, however, Toei could perhaps persuade him to do it. He's definitely not blind to marketing reasons and if there's one thing worth keeping from GT going forward from marketing perspective it's definitely the SSJ4 design.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Basaku wrote:
Neon Z wrote:I don't think Toriyama would use something that wasn't designed by himself though.
I've been thinking about this too, however, Toei could perhaps persuade him to do it. He's definitely not blind to marketing reasons and if there's one thing worth keeping from GT going forward from marketing perspective it's definitely the SSJ4 design.

Good points. That and the shadow dragons need to be in super. I mean if the saiyan's homeworld can be mentioned and renamed....why not a new branch of ssj?
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:16 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Good points. That and the shadow dragons need to be in super. I mean if the saiyan's homeworld can be mentioned and renamed....why not a new branch of ssj?
With the exception of possibly having the U6 Saiyans having a SSJ4-like transformation, I'd rather they keep things fresh and not rehash GT. Aalthough, as Imtype this, I could totally see them incorporating visiting different planets (like in GT), but with Jaco and some company.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:14 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
Basaku wrote:

Good points. That and the shadow dragons need to be in super. I mean if the saiyan's homeworld can be mentioned and renamed....why not a new branch of ssj?
Well, there was that dragon god that created the Super Dragonballs. That might be a set up to facing some dragon-like foe tied to the origin of the Dragonballs later.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:28 am

Basaku wrote:
I don't think he will go the exact same ss4 design like GT. If they do use the design, it'd have to be without the tail because judging from the dialogue in the newest chapter, I doubt his transformation will include something they have evolved into not having.

As for the fights, I still have a feeling it's going to end up with Beerus counting on Monaka to clean up. I'm thinking though, imagine Monaka isn't as strong as he used to be and loses his first fight. Another possibility is, he blows away all the Uni6 fighters making Beerus happy and cocky until he loses to Hit, making everyone go :0!
Last edited by DainIronfoot on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:57 am

DainIronfoot wrote:
Basaku wrote:
I don't think he will go the exact same ss4 design like GT. If they do use the design, it'd have to be without the tail because judging from the dialogue in the newest chapter, I doubt his transformation will include something they have evolved into not having.

As for the fights, I still have a feeling it's going to end up with Beerus counting on Monaka to clean up. I'm thinking though, imagine Monaka isn't as strong as he used to be and loses his first fight. Another possibility is, he blows away all the Uni6 fighters making Beerus happy and cocktails until he loses to Hit, making everyone go :0!

In order for there to be any sort of tension in this arc there has to be some close fights and wins from both sides, its not going to be very fun if one member wipes the floor with anothers team now is it? I actually think that whichever team wins a round the other team will win the next and it will go on like this until one team eventually wins.

I would think it would go like this if there is no tagging out.

Goku vs Botamo - Goku Wins without going SSGSS

Magetta steps in to face Goku

Magetta vs Goku - Magetta wins as he has an ability to suck God ki out of people... rendering the SSGSS form useless, this forces Goku to use his regular super saiyan 1,2,3 forms but he gets worn out and loses.

Piccolo steps in for Goku

Piccolo Vs Magetta - Piccolo wins with his sheer strategy and finds a weakness in the metalman.

Frost steps in for Magetta

Frost vs Piccolo - Frost wins maybe showcasing his second transformation and beating Piccolo

Vegeta steps in for Piccolo

Frost vs Vegeta - Vegeta wins and beats Frost in his final form.

Kabe steps in for Frost

Kabe vs Vegeta - Kabe wins after busting out his transformation and being too fast and powerful.

Monaka steps in for Vegeta.

Monaka vs Kabe - Monaka wins

Hit steps in for Kabe.

Hit vs Monaka - ? (interruption, disqualification... Hit reveals evil intentions, knocks out Monaka, Goku fights Hit)