Did Freeza Kill Goku?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gohan_rules
Banned

Did Freeza Kill Goku?

Post by gohan_rules » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:44 am

i was jus watchin the friza(spelt wrong) saga and wot i found out was that in my mind that friza killed goku then goku was revied by the etrnal dragon shenron i was jus wonderin that if n e one had any idea of wot jus happend (this is hard one) :shock:
the lifes of gohan chi-chi and every one else they all depend on. me i dnt care if your a millon times stronger than me i'm not going to let them down. so get ready friza this time your the one going down!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:00 pm

*grabs hair* I think you should re-read the first rule for posting on this forum ^^;;
Daizenshuu EX - Interaction - Message Board (Rules) wrote:RULE # 1: GRAMMAR
You're typing on a message board. You want people to understand what you're saying. You want them to QUICKLY understand what you're saying. Be sure to use proper sentence structure when you write. Also, be sure you're adding in punctuation and spacing where appropriate. Statements end with periods, questions end with question marks. There's a space in between sentences.
PLEASE take that into consideration. We're trying to keep this forum as clean and legible as possible! This is absolutely a rule I'm going to enforce.

With that said...

No. Freeza did not kill Goku. If there's anything DBZ should teach you, it's that just because you can't sense a person's ki, it doesn't mean they're dead. Furthermore, the wish made was to resurrect those killed by Freeza... with the EARTH DragonBalls. Remember that at this point, there's still the stipulation that Shenlon can only resurrect once person at a time, and only ONCE; Shenlon resurrected Goku during the Saiya-jin saga, which would be his one and only "Get Out of Hell, Free" card from Shenlon.

Goku was simply recovering from the attack and concealing his ki.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:20 pm

Wasn't he underwater at the time though? He must be able to hold his breath for an impressive amount of time.

Although considering that the entire fight only lasted 5 minutes, I guess he was under there for about 3 seconds.

*cough* yeah...

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:44 pm

Oh my God, gohan_rules sounds like he's about 13, his username says enough. Isn't this why we switched forums in the first place?

Anyway, no Freeza didnt kill Goku. Goku managed to escape Namek's explosion in one of the Ginyu Special Forces spacepods. How much of the Freeza arc did you actually watch? If anything, Freeza ended up killing himself, twice, if you count GT.....no wait, he was in Hell..., does that count? do'h.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:13 pm

I think Largo of Megatokyo makes more sense than this thread....so yeah...
-Laserkid

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:15 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:Oh my God, gohan_rules sounds like he's about 13, his username says enough. Isn't this why we switched forums in the first place?
We're not here to belittle people, remember ^^;;.

We're here to save them! No more mis-information, huzzah!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:11 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote: Anyway, no Freeza didnt kill Goku. Goku managed to escape Namek's explosion in one of the Ginyu Special Forces spacepods.
Isn't he talking about the point during the EXXXXXXTTTTREEEMMMEEELLLLYYYY long fight where Freeza does...something, and Goku seems to disappear. Gohan says he can't sense Goku's ki anymore. The Earth dragonballs are used to bring everyone Freeza killed back to life, and then shortly after, Goku rises out of the water in Dramatic Fashion!

But, as Mikey says, it's more likely that Goku was just hiding, smothering his ki, until he had recovered. He couldn't have been bought back to life by Shenlong, since he had already been bought back during the Saiyan saga.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:21 pm

You guys pretty much summed it all up, except It's important to recognize that Goku was more likely briefly unconsious, not hiding his ki. After all, he was anxious to fight Freeza and wouldn't have left it up to Gohan.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:22 pm

**Reads list of well-written responses made to cover ANY possibility**

Gohan_rules: Did Freeza kill Goku?

Answer: no.

Oh, I know I'm going to Hell. I got muh handbasket aaaaalll picked out an' everything! :mrgreen:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:01 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:After all, he was anxious to fight Freeza and wouldn't have left it up to Gohan.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time in the series that someone stood on the sidelines watching one of their allies get pummelled for a few minutes. And it also wouldn't be the only time in the series that Goku stands back and lets someone else fight the bad guy.

You are probably right though. But I still prefer to think that Goku was briefly distracted by a rock-shaped-like-Jesus.
Last edited by PsyLiam on Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:06 am

Psyliam wrote:
I still prefer to think that Goku was briefly distracted by a rock-shaped-like-Jesus.
There ya go Liam, that joke is corny, yet I find it extremely funny! :mrgreen:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:07 am

I wasn't really going for "corny" though. More "cynically sarcastic".

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:21 am

Actually, it occured to me that I don't think Goku would even know what Jesus looked liked.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:28 am

There is no Jesus in DB world. God is Kami, therefore the son of god doesn't exist. Wait...son of god...son of g... SONGoku! GOKU IS THE SON OF GOD!!!! :shock:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:35 am

No Goku's not! After all, he's never transformed water into wine. That's a very important qualification you know!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:42 am

But he HAS turned water into power! Well technically the water does the transforming of spiritual power TO him, but still! And he goes blond haired super powered! Aren't the aeriens' (sp?) based on blond haired green eyed super beings? And lets not forget the bible where it says "Turn ape lest ye be smashed by ape"! It's somehwere in the middle after the whole SLAYING OF THE DRAGON! There's a dragon in dragonball! Muwaha!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:52 am

Just so you know, it's spelled "Aryans" and a little advice. I think you should stop reading DB and the Bible simultaneously Dayspring! :wink:
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:59 am

Dayspring wrote:There is no Jesus in DB world. God is Kami, therefore the son of god doesn't exist.
God's other half does have a son, though. Maybe Piccolo is Jesus.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:05 am

Okay, this is just getting really stupid now! How do we get into these conversations? :?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:15 am

God's other half does have a son, though. Maybe Piccolo is Jesus.
Wouldn't that make Piccolo Damien, the son of Lucifer? :P
Okay, this is just getting really stupid now! How do we get into these conversations?
I eat too much sugar then take a little joke said earlier and stab it to death with thumbtacks. :oops: