Straylight Run (Mike Makes OT!)

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Straylight Run (Mike Makes OT!)

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:04 pm

Well, it's my site and my forum, and I'll do whatever I want to do and talk about whatever I want to talk about... 8)

Last night, Straylight Run (yes, that's a Neuromancer reference) played a free show at school. John and Sean are ex-members of Taking Back Sunday, so many people know them from that band. In addition to their drummer, they also have a female vocalist / keyboardist, Michelle.

The band is absolutely amazing.

They've got six songs available for download off their website (Mistakes We Knew We Were Making, The Tension and the Terror, and Existentialism on Prom Night are my faves). Piano- rock / punk / soft-core music... incredibly awesome stuff. Very powerful, amazing lyrics...

Just wanted to share that. They're fuckin' fantastic. Free Early November show coming up in a week or so, too... w00t~! I win at life.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:28 am

I checked out that site. Fscking awesome stuff.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:00 pm

I just checked out the site and gave their songs a listen. Good stuff! I think I liked "Mistakes We Knew We Were Making" the best. 8)

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:20 pm

Uh huh. That one's definitely the best one. At least, the best one available for our... hearing experience.