Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyan » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:15 pm

Here's most of my DB stuff:

DB/Z Collage Wallscroll

DB Manga and Guides
Small amount, I know...but as soon as the Buu arc from Viz is fully released, I'll start buying from Vol. 1 (DB) on.

US Monthly Shonen Jumps

DVDs and PS2 Games
I have some other stuff not pictured here too...like Movie 7, which disappeared on me, and the PS1 games (Final Bout, Ultimate Battle 22, and Legends)..but am too lazy to look for them.

Bandai Ultimate Figure Series
Technically, I have all 11 of them, but I customized (sculpted and painted) my Goku figure to have his Yardrat outfit on.

HG Gashapon Sets 1-11

Other Gashapon Stuff

Big DBZ Figures The statue at the end (of battle damaged SS Goku) is custom painted by me.

I also have some of the Palisades busts too (Goku, Future Trunks, Krillin, 1st Form Cell), but I forgot to take a picture, and am too lazy to go back and do. I also used to have a lot of the US released 5'' figures, but decided not to take a picture of them because I put them in a storage bin, and prefer the stuff shown above.

Hopefully in the future, I'll get some more JP stuff. They make the highest quality DB stuff, but I don't have the money..bleh.

EDIT: I just noticed..Photobucket just resized all of my pictures. I'll have to fix that.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:24 pm

All I have are DVDs. Here's a pic of the shelf, though it's not clear enough to see exactly what I have.

The cool thing, is that I bought that shelf because when I get the whole series, that shelf will be filled just about perfectly.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:43 am

That's probably the main reason I've decided to just start buying the Japanese discs instead. FUNi's DBZ DVD volume count is insane and just takes up so much room on my shelves to the point where I can't fit other things on them. :\ At least with the Japanese DBZ DVDs, I just have to get 49 discs, while I can just slap my GT and Movies Dragon Boxes right after them.

It'll probably get to the point where I'll just collect each FUNi DVD for each saga and then auction 'em off. I've already almost got GT in its entirety in FUNi discs.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:30 am

Tsukento wrote:That's probably the main reason I've decided to just start buying the Japanese discs instead. FUNi's DBZ DVD volume count is insane and just takes up so much room on my shelves to the point where I can't fit other things on them. :\ At least with the Japanese DBZ DVDs, I just have to get 49 discs, while I can just slap my GT and Movies Dragon Boxes right after them.

It'll probably get to the point where I'll just collect each FUNi DVD for each saga and then auction 'em off. I've already almost got GT in its entirety in FUNi discs.
Yeah, there are an awful lot of FUNi Discs. Like I said, that shelf will be full when I get them all. But I think it'll make for a cool display.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:43 am

DVDS and PS2 games

Daizenshuus, anime/manga guides, nekomajin

Various dbz manga i own

more pictures to come

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:41 am

Sun Wukong: What is that book in between the Japanese and English manga volumes?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:17 am

SonGokuGT wrote:Sun Wukong: What is that book in between the Japanese and English manga volumes?
Looks to me like the color tankôbon for the Trunks TV special.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:50 am

Well it's only a small collection but here are my pics anyways... there are lots of things I have to get!

Link to larger picture: http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6716/01ok5mh.jpg

Link to larger picture: http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2674/02ok7ty.jpg

Stuff displayed:

Books

Akira Toriyama - The World Special (Plus Bookcase)
Daizenshuu #2
Daizenshuu #4
V Jump May 2006 (containing feature on all DB videogames being released during summer)
Dragon Ball Landmark
Dragon Ball Forever
2 x French Manga Volumes (Goku vs Vegeta and Piccolo Daimao Appears)

Video Games

Ultimate Battle 22
Budokai
Budokai 2
Budokai 3
Budokai Tenkaichi

CDs

BGM Collection
Complete Song Collection 1
Complete Song Collection 2

Other Stuff

Dragon Ball Shitajiki
Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Z Movie Postcards
Some early Dragon Ball Trading Cards

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:59 am

Oh, yea Nyoibo you have a pretty impressive stuff. You have a nice collection of BOOTLEG DRAGONBALL DVDS! SINNER! :twisted:

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:01 am

Huh? There's not even one DVD in that collection... Those at the bottom are all post cards of the Dragon Ball movies...

EDIT - Why would I want to show off any bootleg material when I blatantly tell people to get legit copies of BGM CDs and be cautious of any bootleggers on Ebay..?
Last edited by Nyoibo on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:02 am

:oops: Sorry, thought those were DVD's. Uh... carry on.

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:07 am

Hahaha... My mistake, I should have positioned them differently so they would be more clear. :lol:

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:01 pm

I thought they were DVDs when I looked at them first, too. Ah well.

Oh, I also have Budokai 2 for Gamecube but I'm not gonna bother taking a picture of one game right now.

Goten88gt

Post by Goten88gt » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:25 pm

Ok guys, here is my collection. I used a crappy camera, but you can kind of see the images. I know it is not much, but in the future I will get more DragonBall merchandise. There are a lot of images here, so I hope it doesn't violate the rules.

My DragonBall Z Collection

The left side of the collection. The book thats dark is my first Shonen Jump issue.

The right side: The first volume of Daizenshuu. Also several videos, and action figures.

My DragonBall Z games for the Gamecube.

My DBZ movies, all FUNimation.

My DBGT episodes, all 64 of them. (not enough money to buy the real videos.) The 2 DBGT FUNiamtion DVDs that I received from my parents.

The DragonBall Z Ultimate Uncut episodes that aired on Cartoon Network, also the whole Piccolo Junior Saga.

My DragonBall Daizenshuu Volume 1 book.

The starter deck for the renewed DragonBall Z TCG, and Buu's Fury box art.

My DBZ gameboy advance sp cover.

The movie box set for DBZ movies #4,5, and 6. You can also see Dabura and Tienshinan action figures.

My DragonBall Z gameboy games.

The 7th issue of DragonBall Z Beckett magazine (collector's edition). A "How to Draw DragonBall Z" book I bought at my 8th grade library book sale.

The Shonen Jump issue with the last monthly chapter of the manga.

Bubbles with 5 dragonballs!!!

DragonBall Z Beckett Cooler poster.

Two Goku posters.

The DBZ Beckett SSJ Vegeta poster that came out of the 7th issue (collectors edition).

My decorated Nintendo DS carrying case.

A DragonBall Z notebook I used in 6th grade.
Japanese: イタズラ好きな 君が 夢を競う ライバルになるのさ

Romanized: Itazura-zuki na kimi ga Yume o kisou raibaru ni naru no sa

English: You, who love mischief, Will become a rival competing for your dream!

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:01 pm

(referring to Goten88gt's collection) Finally, someone who showed off some of their recorded onto VHS stuff! And you still have all of those Beckett DBZs. I would have a ton of them, but my mom gave them away :x :evil:. Eh, at least I still have daizex.com!
Just for kicks, I'll post up my VHS recordings of the Piccolo Jr. Saga along with their own personally made VHS covers (applaud here). I've been planning on converting all of my VHSs to DVD, but that whole DVR/VHS combo costs like $250 :x. Anyways, yeah, expect more pics from me!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Goten88gt

Post by Goten88gt » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:09 pm

Awesome! Yeah, I am also planning on transferring my recorded VHS videos to DVD format. I can't wait to see more images from everyone.
Japanese: イタズラ好きな 君が 夢を競う ライバルになるのさ

Romanized: Itazura-zuki na kimi ga Yume o kisou raibaru ni naru no sa

English: You, who love mischief, Will become a rival competing for your dream!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:38 pm

Goten88gt: I had the same binder way back when... I think I was in 8th grade! :D Oh, the nostalgia!

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:45 am

*UPDATED 9/8/06*

Well here's my stuff,

DVD Collection:
You can see that I have every DVD of TV episodes from all three series that Funimation has released so far along with the 3 TV specials, and the majority of the movies. Also pictured, the Gundam movie trilogy, complete collections of other Gundam series and movies, complete Zone of the Enders anime collection, Naruto manga, Family Guy and various Hollywood flicks.

Video Games:
Also have Battle Stadium D.O.N. (Gamecube)

Manga:
ImageImage
DBZ Vol. 1-17. Also have Dragon Ball volumes 1, 2, 4, & 9, Dragon Ball Z volumes 18 & 19, and Sand Land

Magazines:
Various Dragon Ball related cover stories for GameNow and GamePro. The only issue of Beckett that I own, two comic book style manga, and the preorder bonus from Budokai 3 which was a little sampler manga. Wow, GamePro had a lot of DBZ cover stories in the past few years.

Music:
The Budokai/Budokai 2 soundtrack. I bought this off of eBay and unfortunately it turned out to be a bootleg. :cry: Oh well, still good music!

:o Toys :o :
My drawer 'o' action figures. There's at least a hundred of them in there.

List of what I intend to buy next:
Remaining TV series DVD releases,
Rest of the movies,
Volumes 1-16 of the Dragon Ball manga,
Volumes 18-26 of the Dragon Ball Z manga,
Dragon Ball Z3 Official Soundtrack,
Sparking! NEO/Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (PS2),
DB: Advance Adventure (GBA),
DBGT Transformation 2 (GBA, if it's ever released :? ...),
Battle Stadium D.O.N. (Gamecube Import if it isn't released domestically).
I may get DBZ: Sagas for Gamecube if only just as a collector's item. No way am I ever paying over $10 for that piece of shit.

*UPDATED*
Last edited by Slickmasterfunk on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Kaze no Mune
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaze no Mune » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:32 am

*sigh* I can't wait to join the working class to further by Dragon Ball obsession... sigh.

Well, my digital camera needs new batteries (it eats through them rather quickly... anyone have any suggestions to keep this from happening? If not, I guess it's just a piece of junk.) So, here's what I own, since my pictures weren't that clear....

VHS:

Dragon Ball 1-13
Dragon Ball Movies 1-3 (2 & 3 are uncut)
Ginyu Saga (editted)
Garlic Jr.Saga (editted)
Trunks Saga (editted)
Part of the Android Saga (editted)
Part of the Tournament Saga (editted)
Part of the Babidi Saga (editted)
Trunks Special (editted)
Bardock Special (uncut)
DBZ Movie 4 (uncut...)
Dragon Ball Z "Arrival" (eps 1-4)
DBZ Ocean Group 5-52 (or so) taped

DVDs:

DB movie box
DBZ movies 1-9 (both versions of movie 1)

Manga:

Viz tankobon 1-41

Since Slick did it, why not... What do I plan on owning soon?

Kanzenban 34
Viz tankobon 42
Dragon Ball sets 2-11 (all of the FUNi DB discs)
DBZ movie 10 & 11, 13
Daizenshuu v1
Dragon Ball GT (the 4 or so boxsets)
The Complete Vocal OSTs (or one of the sets)
And finally, the 3 specials on DVD
[b]PSN: Mune-sama[/b]

Add me for some HD Remix or SF4.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:55 pm

:shock: It came with little post cards of all the movie posters...

Edit: Damn, sorry Nyoibo I just seen this in your pic just now, those post cards are what I thought were those bootleg DVD's.