Are the VizBig manga volumes out of print?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFan8001
Beyond Newbie

Are the VizBig manga volumes out of print?

Post by DragonBallFan8001 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:03 pm

A few months ago, I started buying the VizBig releases of the manga. I got the first 6 volumes (everything up until the Goku vs. Vegeta fight), but when I wanted to order some more volumes, I noticed that they were quite hard to find, and when they were available they were very expensive, at least on European webshops like the British version of Amazon, for example. Are the VizBigs out of print? If so, I think that's a big shame, considering they're probably, in my opinion, the best English release of the manga (apart from the currently ongoing full-colour manga).

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Re: Are the VizBig manga volumes out of print?

Post by Wezenheim » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:31 pm

I certainly don't want to speak for the European market, but the Vizbigs are still circulating in America. I'm pretty sure they are all available on the American Amazon site: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Vol-V ... 1_1&sr=8-1

They are also still being sold in book stores. Maybe they are just going through a "low stock" phase in Europe? That happens for markets sometimes. I don't know if you'd want to import these, but its an option if you really want them and can't find them. Hope that helps.

DragonBallFan8001
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallFan8001 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:29 pm

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

The reason I'm looking for them in European stores specifically is because shipping costs from America to Europe can be quite high. Still, it's good to see they're still readily available there. Hopefully they'll be restocked on the British Amazon soon, then.

Mozgus

Post by Mozgus » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:55 am

have you checked out book depository? they're based in the uk and have free world wide shipping

DragonBallFan8001
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallFan8001 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:54 am

Mozgus wrote:have you checked out book depository? they're based in the uk and have free world wide shipping
I was not aware they had their own website. I remember ordering some of the earlier VizBigs from them via Amazon. It seems they have them all available on their website, and for a good price, as well! Thanks! :thumbup: