Why Beerus wants Monaka to go last

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Why Beerus wants Monaka to go last

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:21 pm

I think the reason Beerus wants Monaka to go last is because he HAS to go last otherwise they might lose.

It was said in the manga Monaka is a docile creature but once he bares his fangs than he can give Beerus trouble.

I think that part of Monaka meditating and destruction was just to ward off Goku though I could be wrong. I don't know if the anime told about his race but it might that of what Whis was hinting.

So anyway, my theory or prediction is it might be a 50/50 fight so it's like a Gohan situation. Basically Monaka could be really weak but once he gets angry, he can stomp Hit easily.

So Monaka might get beaten around in the tournament then get really angry.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Re: Why Beerus wants Monaka to go last

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:23 pm

I think monaka is going to be the real problem in the tournament and not hit. He'll either be taken down with hit's help or he'll kill hit.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:26 pm

Playing with that idea, perhaps Hit can be overwhelmed by Monaka and he resorts to lethal methods. Considering that a "win" despite breaking the rules, he demands the cube for doing what Vados asked of him. The possibilities after that can branch into a few directions.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:39 pm

I think when Monaka starts to fight, and gets real serious, he'll lose control and go on a rampage.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:47 pm

Monaka has no actual fighting power. The depths of Beerus's respect for Monaka stems from the mighty warrior's masterful use of the Shining Light of Compulsion technique, against which even the God of Destruction must give pause.

I.e., he used a laser pointer.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:22 pm

Tectorman wrote:
Monaka has no actual fighting power. The depths of Beerus's respect for Monaka stems from the mighty warrior's masterful use of the Shining Light of Compulsion technique, against which even the God of Destruction must give pause.

Pllllleeeeeeeease.

Please let this happen.

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:07 am

Tectorman wrote:

Now that's what I call funny! :)

Depending how the rest of the tournament pans out, I expect Monaka to be powerful. The only issue did Whis hint at him being uncontrollable as a fighter. Kid Buu was really uncontrollable when it came fighting his opponents, Could Monaka be similar in regards that he'll lose all reason when his turn comes up? Who knows! But I believe we'll something like this happen.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:52 am

It might actually be based on a power though. While U7 are used to fighting normally with strength being most important, people from U6 all have special techniques or something of the sort and that's what makes them tricky to fight.

What's to say that Monaka doesn't have a special ability that makes him a threat.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:38 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:It might actually be based on a power though. While U7 are used to fighting normally with strength being most important, people from U6 all have special techniques or something of the sort and that's what makes them tricky to fight.

What's to say that Monaka doesn't have a special ability that makes him a threat.
Yeah and Beerus seems really intent on having him fight last and keeping everybody away from him. So I'm thinking weird power, possibly something against the rules. Also Monaka might already be doing something since he doesn't move, and again possibly against the rules.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:55 am

Because Beerus is hiding something about Monaka.He doesn't even want Goku to talk to him.

Gorou
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gorou » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:59 am

Because Monaka is actually very weak, and Beerus has done nothing but trolling Goku and Vegeta for some reason, which i think will find out very soon.
Last edited by Gorou on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:07 pm

I'm going with the 'Monaka is weak' theory myself. He was in pain from a non-serious punch by base Goku, and fainted when he saw Goku's Kamehameha.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Yeah I don't think he is very powerful but I think there is some reason Beerus wants him there.

manwolf
Not-So-Newbie

Post by manwolf » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:33 pm

I think that Monaka is weak but he is gonna fight.
The explanation, Hit loses all of his strength fighting with goku and a character like Monaka can win against Hit.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:36 pm

manwolf wrote:I think that Monaka is weak but he is gonna fight.
The explanation, Hit loses all of his strength fighting with goku and a character like Monaka can win against Hit.
Going by the leaked summaries.Goku wins against Hit.

Gohanhx

Post by Gohanhx » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Knowing Toriyama, Monaka can indeed be revealed as someone who's got no fighting talent. And is comparatively weaker. Though, I'm not sure how that'd pan out.
Personally, I think he'll just be a strong guy with weird and Powerful techniques that no one can beat..
Or something like that.
I'm really excited to find out "Monaka's secret" that beerus is hiding. Good stuff.