Episode #0025 (07 May 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon May 08, 2006 5:06 pm

You guys pulled no punches in the zaniness of this one, huh? The random sound clips were pretty awesome.

Hey dudes, thanks for rescuing me.
Let's go for a burger. . . .
HA! HA! HA! HA!

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Mon May 08, 2006 6:01 pm

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/ ... -dudes.jpg

君の勝負が受けて立つぜぇ!! 行くぞ!!

But anyway, yes, this was a great episode. No end to the sillyness and made me laugh out loud several times. There should definitely be more episodes like this one. (Especially the Dane Cook sound clip add-in. I didn't expect that at all.) Keep up the good work and UNICORN best of luck.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon May 08, 2006 6:57 pm

Silent_Rage wrote:Hmmm.... I'm gonna be honest. You guys got a little out of hand and it kinda ruined the episode for me. This show went from a good balance of being funny and educational, to sounding like three people in their 20's laughing like crazy and speaking about non-sence throughout a lot of the episode. I think you guys got a little too comfortable with what you're doing and forgot or maybe didn't even realise that you had this perfect balance. Maybe next time you guys could cool down a bit? The second half was better than the first. I hope it get's better next week, because I really enjoy your show and I've never missed an episode. I also hope that you don't loose and listeners over this episode.
Yeah, I kinda agree. You gyus weren't exactly going off topic, but were just kinda having some kind of fangasm mixed in with some references that I didn't get :?... Just try to tone it down a bit, or else you guys will sound like a bunch of other podcasts that go off topic and suddenly discuss Bon Jovi songs in the middle of their Harry Potter podcast (not that I'm referencing anything here...).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon May 08, 2006 8:03 pm

Wow, like a jerk I e-mailed Mike about that little bit at the end...Hmm I should read these things first. :oops: :oops: :oops:

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon May 08, 2006 8:11 pm

sangofe wrote:Fun podcast as always.
I got one question, though:
44:58 -What's does EX say that makes Merri laugh? I don't hear or understand it.
Well,
Julian in the podcast wrote:I think [Tien] is a cool guy.. I'm down with him
... to which Mike responds
VegettoEX in the podcast wrote:Chautzu's down with [Tien]
hmm... riiiiiight.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon May 08, 2006 8:12 pm

sangofe wrote:Fun podcast as always.
I got one question, though:
44:58 -What's does EX say that makes Merri laugh? I don't hear or understand it.
He said (in reference to Tenshinhan), "I'm down with him. Chaotzu's down with him."

*me shudders*

EDIT: Whoa, creepy. DaemonCorps answered the same question one minute before I did.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon May 08, 2006 8:14 pm

Ooooh, this is what happens to people who are looking for stuff to reply to.
EDIT: Woah, :?: did you guys change my response to "Tenshinhan" in my previous post? Two more things: 1) I just recognized Julian and Mike's Snakes on a Plane reference; 2) Bulma giving herself plans for a time machine would make an alternate timeline in which she actually makes a timelmachine... why didn't Toriyama stick with Back to the Future timeline changes?!

MajinVegeta25
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinVegeta25 » Mon May 08, 2006 9:25 pm

This is the best episode yet. I LOVED it. Especially the extra stuff at the beginning and the end. More extra audio, EX!

Great Job, 10.5/10

Yapuza

Post by Yapuza » Mon May 08, 2006 9:30 pm

Great Podcast guys... you forgot missles though... unicorns unicorns i must know how that started cant wait for the next podcast ps I'm not trying to comp for anything. from yapuza (with a scouter)

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon May 08, 2006 10:00 pm

I agree with the note about this one being one of the funniest episodes yet, and the part around the middle where Julian was struggling to say "maybe we should take a break" was priceless XD

Just a question, do you guys still have the other text e-mail and audio e-mail that I sent a while back? I'm afraid to send another one without going over how many I can give out at a time @.@

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 08, 2006 10:02 pm

Kirbopher wrote:Just a question, do you guys still have the other text e-mail and audio e-mail that I sent a while back? I'm afraid to send another one without going over how many I can give out at a time @.@
I keep all e-mails. Send no more than one a week, but feel free to send another one if I don't get to it one week :). They're all kept and catalogued!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Mon May 08, 2006 10:03 pm

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I cracked up when Julian screwed-up the "Jikai made otanoshimi ni" part at the end (and Mike and Meri actually laughing at it.) This episode was pure gold, I say. GOLD.
Last edited by Tatsunoboshi Horoko on Tue May 09, 2006 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue May 09, 2006 12:58 pm

Fantastic podcast, you guys. You three had me balling, and Julian; I don't care what anyone says, your British accent owns! Be both translator and voice actor, you'll be envied by all. Also, EX, remember to make a nifty contest with those items I sent your way. Hopefully both items together.

Awesome episode, next week, the podcast is older than Meri. :P
14 years later

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Tue May 09, 2006 2:11 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote: EX, remember to make a nifty contest with those items I sent your way. Hopefully both items together.
Items? Give us a sneak peak of what we can expect... Please!

I've got some stuff, but I don't think anyone will want 'em.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Tue May 09, 2006 3:38 pm

He said (in reference to Tenshinhan), "I'm down with him. Chaotzu's down with him."

*me shudders*
Even I thought that was funny when I listened to the 'cast. ... Entirely wrong (as in, canon-ly incorrect +cough+ my opinion, I'm sorry if I offend..) and inappropriate though it was. ^_^

...Um, side-step that last? Dunno... Despite the off-topic-ish/non-DB references, I'm down with this episode of the Daizex Podcast. ^^
The Resident Tenshinhan Fangirl.

chronocross
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chronocross » Tue May 09, 2006 5:28 pm

You guys forgot Arale :(
She is definetly the most modern robot in the world
I aim to misbehave

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Tue May 09, 2006 6:35 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Kirbopher wrote:Just a question, do you guys still have the other text e-mail and audio e-mail that I sent a while back? I'm afraid to send another one without going over how many I can give out at a time @.@
I keep all e-mails. Send no more than one a week, but feel free to send another one if I don't get to it one week :). They're all kept and catalogued!
Stocking up just incase of a big e-mail drought, huh?

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Tue May 09, 2006 8:25 pm

Since Julian was bringing up the point of Akira Toriyama being inspired by Disney, I felt I'd just add a little quote.

This is from DBZ Vol. 3.

"I, just like probably all of you, love Disneyland. (Though I've only been there six times...) It's because everything is done so professionally, down to the smallest details. Now that I think about it, I first got interested in drawing when I was in nursery school and I went to see 101 Dalmations at the movie theater. I was inspired by the great artwork. I am very grateful."
-Akira Toriyama, 1989

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed May 10, 2006 12:29 am

Steven Perry wrote:Items? Give us a sneak peak of what we can expect... Please!

I've got some stuff, but I don't think anyone will want 'em.
Since most of the people in the chat room already know, I may as well spill the beans here. I sent the boss a sealed, distributed-reissue of "Broly, The Legendary Super Saiyan". While it's the reissue though, which is MUCH cheaper than probably any other FUNi DVD on the market, it contains the old FUNi logo on the cover art, which contradicts the logo on my personal opened copy. The DVD includes the dub Uncut in 5.1 and regular stereo, the Japanese version in all its glory with Daimao's translation, and a pretty cool documentary extra on the making of Legacy of Goku II.

I also sent DragonBall Graphic Novel 9, the volume which covers the Uranai no Baba arc. It's Viz's translated Uncut, Uncensored version that came out before their edited-down version (Bulma with a bra, toned down language, who knows what else). It includes the ONLY manga appearance of Grandpa Gohan that I know of, as his later appearance in the last two DB episodes are anime-only (indeed, I didn't say "filler"). It's a very funny and very emotional novel, which reveals quite a bit, including an ambiguous hinting that Goku may have gone Oozaru at least one previous time before the pre-series transformation that killed Gohan.

Hope that peeks interests. =)
14 years later

Silent_Rage

Post by Silent_Rage » Thu May 11, 2006 6:16 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Yeah, I kinda agree. You gyus weren't exactly going off topic, but were just kinda having some kind of fangasm mixed in with some references that I didn't get :?... Just try to tone it down a bit, or else you guys will sound like a bunch of other podcasts that go off topic and suddenly discuss Bon Jovi songs in the middle of their Harry Potter podcast (not that I'm referencing anything here...).
I'm glad somebody agrees with me. Too bad our word-from-the-wise, is falling to deaf ears.