"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Shin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Chelentano wrote:
Shin wrote:
Grimlock wrote:New trailer!
What in the hell was the last bit about lmao
Maybe that's the history change after completing the story mode that was promised?
We already have that. That happens after you collect the eggs.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Shin wrote:
Chelentano wrote:
Shin wrote:
What in the hell was the last bit about lmao
Maybe that's the history change after completing the story mode that was promised?
We already have that. That happens after you collect the eggs.
Really? I collected the eggs before finish the story and I only had a dialogue with the Kaioshin of Time. Did I miss something?
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:22 pm

Chelentano wrote:Really? I collected the eggs before finish the story and I only had a dialogue with the Kaioshin of Time. Did I miss something?
Go talk to Trunks now. You have some more to do!
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:30 pm

Shin wrote:
Chelentano wrote:Really? I collected the eggs before finish the story and I only had a dialogue with the Kaioshin of Time. Did I miss something?
Go talk to Trunks now. You have some more to do!
Oh, I see. I guess that you are talking about the two extra missions that you can take after the credits. I've already done those. I just thought that this "change the history" thing would be bigger than just that. And the fact that you need to do those two missions to have the 100% story mode completion made me think that perhaps there would be something else after that.
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Hmm that last bit looked like some hint at a possible DLC with more story. Like some sort of invasion.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:47 pm

THEGOKU wrote:Hmm that last bit looked like some hint at a possible DLC with more story. Like some sort of invasion.
Since XV is trying to be MMO-esc, maybe it's going to have events like MMOs have.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Damn, my shipment got delayed again and I've spoiled myself that lackluster story on this topic :cry: :cry:
I hope those DLCs will be any good.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Nightmare Wheel wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:I can't be the only who's noticed that Krillin's Milk Delivery alert message sounds more like Eric Vale doing a Sonny Strait impression, right?
That's Trunks. Kaioshin of Time does the announcement for Yamcha's class. I think the translators screwed up and made it seem like Trunks and Chronoa were the ones teaching the class.
Ah, that makes sense. I actually got a Chronoa announcement for a Krillin class once, too.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:02 pm

I love that line, though. :lol:
"I'm starting a special class! I hope to see you all there! ... if you want. You know, whatever. No pressure."
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:09 pm

Kanassa wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:Hmm that last bit looked like some hint at a possible DLC with more story. Like some sort of invasion.
Since XV is trying to be MMO-esc, maybe it's going to have events like MMOs have.
I could see that. I mean honestly this game has a lot of potential to just expand from this point on with expansion packs and giving us stuff for a few years. Granted that won't happen but the potential is there to succeed at it.

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:19 pm

Hmmm hopefully our choices will have impact with further updates. Because as much as it was cool to actually have a saying in something, for it to not have any impact was kind of a let down xD

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:56 pm

So with the new patch it seems Giant Namekians are still strong but their stamina drains fast now. The form feels useless now because after two dashes you've used up your stamina and you've only hit the opponent like three times. The fun is official dead.
The loading is faster and really that's all I've noticed.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

SaiyajinGokuWarrior
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyajinGokuWarrior » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:25 pm

I really want to tell Namco Bandai to add Uub in not as DLC, but in the Update since he's missing. Majuub will hold off in the DLC for now, but i really wanted to tell Bandai i really liked the game and it could be even better if it had Uub in the next Update.

But then again, i don't know how to do that. Plus, i really loved XENOVERSE 2 than the first one!
Just chillin' with Goku and Vegeta, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Goofy, and of course Donald Fuckin' Duck.

And swingin' this keyblade called Crystal Snow. Damn, even its own keyblade transformation beats out Krillin's speed. BTW, Blizzard Blades are Goku fast.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:37 pm

GTx10 wrote:So with the new patch it seems Giant Namekians are still strong but their stamina drains fast now. The form feels useless now because after two dashes you've used up your stamina and you've only hit the opponent like three times. The fun is official dead.
I feel the same, any appeal the form had is gone, thats why I went back to Frieza race.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:42 pm

SaiyajinGokuWarrior wrote:I really want to tell Namco Bandai to add Uub in not as DLC, but in the Update since he's missing. Majuub will hold off in the DLC for now, but i really wanted to tell Bandai i really liked the game and it could be even better if it had Uub in the next Update.

But then again, i don't know how to do that. Plus, i really loved XENOVERSE 2 than the first one!
DBZ Uub doesnt really work since he cant fly and doesnt really know how to use Ki. He has that one shout attack but thats it. Not really something you can work with in Xenoverse. GT Uub that we see sparring with Goku however and Majuub would work fine.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
GTx10 wrote:So with the new patch it seems Giant Namekians are still strong but their stamina drains fast now. The form feels useless now because after two dashes you've used up your stamina and you've only hit the opponent like three times. The fun is official dead.
I feel the same, any appeal the form had is gone, thats why I went back to Frieza race.
Which is sad because in a sea of Saiyans and humans, rarely do you see anyone play as a Namekian. The giant form gave the Namekians major appeal. Plus starting the story from scratch when you create a second character is just tedious and lackluster. Well I've no choice!
Where do I obtain the Unlock Potential skill people? Its my Namekian's saving grace.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:53 pm

I really wish we had more new stages in this game. There's like a few new ones and slight changes to other ones. The stage called 'Beach' is just 'Archipelago' but with a dark sky... Come on Dimps, really??

Also, I swear the Kaioken x20 Kamehameha never fucking lands. The enemy always, and I mean ALWAYS jumps out of the way once I shoot the Kamehameha. It is so frustrating because that attack takes up 5 bars of ki and I can never land it.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:00 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Also, I swear the Kaioken x20 Kamehameha never fucking lands. The enemy always, and I mean ALWAYS jumps out of the way once I shoot the Kamehameha. It is so frustrating because that attack takes up 5 bars of ki and I can never land it.
I find a ton of Ultimates are really hard to hit. But Kaioken X20 takes the cake for never fucking working. Even in training mode it misses. A fucking still enemy avoids it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:04 pm

It seems like they just started to give login bonuses. At least it's the first that I get and I've been playing for many days.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Is Yamcha to most un-confident instructor/mentor in the game, or what? The poor bastard doesn't rate himself at all. :P