Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:45 pm

Look I hate to be a pain on your neck but you shouldnt triple post like that. Its not kosher.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:51 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Look I hate to be a pain on your neck but you shouldnt triple post like that. Its not kosher.
Thanks for the advice, I just noticed I exaggerated with the triple posting.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:43 am

The premiere really is September 24th. The TV ad has been updated with the date.
Otherwise it is still the same (they didn't put the dub in the ad).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH8urUx1qcM
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Starting to think that they might as well just go with the Japanese version :problem:

omegalucas, did you mean you and Quebaz were watching the livestream as it was airing on Facebook and not actually there, right? Who was filming?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:55 pm

The advertising is really weak.
They should already have dubbed material and a longer promo airing on TV, by now.

Seems like DBS will only hit full force, when starts spreading for Sic K and Sic Radical.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:46 am

alakazam^ wrote:omegalucas, did you mean you and Quebaz were watching the livestream as it was airing on Facebook and not actually there, right? Who was filming?
We watched it on YouTube only.
They weren't recording on that moment, they merely showed videos recorded before, probably by one of the Facebook page admins.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:37 pm

Here's a little of the making-off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lRU2Zu6QkQ

OMG Feist is exactly the same from almost 20 years ago. What a Freaking beast!
Nostalgia reached critical levels here!!

Spikey_Piccolo

Post by Spikey_Piccolo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:16 am

The facebook fan base released a few days ago a stream with the voice actors. We could already see some snippets of our dub, including Beerus and Whis voices. Beerus (Bills in the dub) is voiced by Spínola and Whis is Feist. I actually liked both voices, I was afraid that Feist would do his Ginyu's voice for Whis, but he didn't. But it seems that only those 4 voice actors will be doing the series for now, unfortunately. They will need a few more for the Tournament Saga.

Here you can listen Beerus and Whis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyup0fGyJ9w

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Spikey_Piccolo wrote:(Bills in the dub)

So much for accuracy...

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:51 pm

<@sangofe> oh, they call beerus for bills i see
<@puto> it's bills yeah
<@puto> and the dub will be somewhat of a gag dub
<@sangofe> what, are you serious?
<@sangofe> not a serious dub this time either?
<@puto> nope
<@puto> they're making it as gaggy as before.
<@puto> also keeping all the old terminology
<@puto> saiyans are still space warriors, majin boo is still boubou, piccolo is still satan, etc.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:26 pm

Well, it's better to kill any hope/curiosity now than to have it build up for a great disappointment later.

Spikey_Piccolo

Post by Spikey_Piccolo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:35 pm

Meh, the Portuguese fanbase still knows more the Portuguese nomenclature, so changing it would be kind of unnatural. It doesn't bother me much, to be honest. But I don't know why they are going for "Bills".

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:09 pm

I already had low expectations so even though I'm disapointed, I'm not surprised. Even if they intended to keep the old dub names, at the very least they should have kept the new names as accurate as possible... it seems to me it will be just more "GT" (dubwise ofcourse) which isn't necessarily good imo. And would it hurt to get more actors for more varieties of voices...?

All I ask is that the actor voicing Vegeta (João Loy, right?) doesn't say random stuff while his character is fighting... it was really annoying in GT.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:25 pm

Beerus voice is great.
Whis voice has the same problem that all the other dubs have, it's too manly for him.

I heard Toei has been rigid these last years with the dubs, so how they can say jokes in DBS again?

The opening song sounds ok, but then again the original song is not great either.
GT Opening will always be the hymn over here.

I will keep believing that Fernanda will return, but they still didn't said anything and they want surprise us.
Even if she doesn't return, i don't see Cavalinos voicing all women in the show.

There have been some speculation between the fanbase that Mario Bomba may join the cast as Champa.
He always says that he does the "stupid fat characters" and people have been tagging him and he wants a piece too.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:19 pm

I don't like the direction things are going but I'll still watch it anyway, the Japanese version is the only one that "matters" to me so I didn't really care how it would end up. I just wanted Super to be a hit but I can't really see it havinge much of an impact, unfortunately.

On the official Facebook page, there's a longer video which shows more of how things are done in recording studios and I thought that was really interesting, although the whole process of recording bit by bit seemed a bit ineffective, but whatever, they're the pros. It irked me that both Feist and Spínola were available to record and they just had them doing their own stuff instead of recording together in the booth like Japan does.

I'm more amazed at Spínola being able to handle his Beers voice than I like the voice itself. It sounds like a goofy villain and isn't a good fit at all. Beers is goofy as well but when he gets serious, everyone knows they have to watch out and I can't feel that from this voice.

Also, Whis being casual with Beers? No. There's no defending it, that's plain wrong. Whoever made the scripts should have knowledge of the series and the characters and the studio should be more professional with that. His voice couldn't be more different than the Japanese one but it might work, even if just for the contrast. I did note a bit of his campiness was still retained so I'm a bit curious to hear more of him. Are we certain it's Feist? It sounded a little bit like him but overall it didn't.

I don't like João Loy. I've no doubt that the four of them are nice people but I expect a bit more of professionalism from him and he doesn't strike me as that kind of person. I kinda like his Vegeta voice but he's way overrated. And yes, he will adlib as hell because that's what is expected of him, so don't expect otherwise unless Toei puts their foot down.

Chouzetsu Dynamic is awesome and Feist doesn't need to change his tone for singing it, just copy what Yoshii Kazuya did. Him changing it needlessly reminds me of what the dub of Mermaid Melody did with the songs and I don't like it.

Last but not least, having only the four of them doing the dub is a bad choice, if that's what they're planning. I don't care if they asked too much money, the studio should have always counted on hiring more people. The studio dubs Águia Vermelha and they use at least double the actors Super seems to be using :problem:
Last edited by alakazam^ on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:45 pm

What's Agua Vermelha? I'm sorry if its a rude question.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:08 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:What's Agua Vermelha? I'm sorry if its a rude question.
Oh, it should be Águia Vermelha (Aguilla Roja in the original) :oops:

It's a Spanish live-action series with a Robin Hood-esque character taking place in the 17th century.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:00 am

WOW! Awesome I heard of that show before, I didnt know countries dubbed it, but now looking back its kind of obvious.LOL.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:20 am

My girlfriend did make an interesting comment on Feist's tone changes. What we saw in that stream might have been the recording of the second voice for the opening, hence the changes. They did say before Spínola would be the one singing the opening after all.

If you guys check GT's opening, you can hear Feist in the background in several spots (tone changes too probably).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... hut5oqT5io

Or at least we hope that's what it is :P

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:52 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:WOW! Awesome I heard of that show before, I didnt know countries dubbed it, but now looking back its kind of obvious.LOL.
It's a great show, I really recommend it. We also got lucky because another channel is airing the subbed version :thumbup:
omegalucas wrote:My girlfriend did make an interesting comment on Feist's tone changes. What we saw in that stream might have been the recording of the second voice for the opening, hence the changes. They did say before Spínola would be the one singing the opening after all.

If you guys check GT's opening, you can hear Feist in the background in several spots (tone changes too probably).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... hut5oqT5io

Or at least we hope that's what it is :P
Now that you mention it, someone had told me that before but I totally forgot about it.