When will Bra be born?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

When will Bra be born?

Post by Faisal Shourov » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:57 pm

While I believe Toriyama will retcon EoZ, I still find it hard to believe that he will erase Bulla's character completely. According to the timeline, Bulla should be born by the end of current year in Super, which means Bulma should be pregnant by now. Yet we're seeing the start of a new arc which will be probably very long (this is the most important arc of Super so far)

Do you expect her to be born after Future Trunks arc?
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Re: When will Bulla be born?

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:01 pm

SInce Bulma was waiting for Vegeta in their bedroom after she had came out of the shower in EP43, it's safe to say they'll get to making Bra pretty soon.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:06 pm

It won't surprise me if Toriyama forgot about her.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:17 pm

Oh, it's one of these threads. One of my favourite kinds.
Faisal Shourov wrote:Do you expect her to be born after Future Trunks arc?
Yup. I would be pleasantly surprised (obviously) if they show Bulla or pregnant Bulma in the current arc, but I'm predicting that we'll see none of it.
There's still weird stuff going on with the timeline, I feel. Bulma's wish to the dragon in the beginning of the Champa arc only happening in the anime and not in the manga, the kids not growing up in either version, Pan's pacifier business mentioned in Episode 46 (Google says you should usually drop those when the kid is about half a year old. I'm not a mom so I don't know. It does give pretty good implications of Pan's age, though, so it's helpful)... I'm wondering if we really are far into Age 780 yet or if we're actually somewhere around New Year's of 779/780.
This is just me trying to explain away timeline issues, because I don't want Bulla disappearing on us. If I'm "right", Vegeta and Bulma still have time to do the do and make her. Timeskips seem to have stopped happening, so... Bulla can still appear without that much of a timeline mess.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:18 pm

How much older is Bra compared to Pan?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:24 pm

ryou766 wrote:How much older is Bra compared to Pan?
Bulla compared to Pan? Minus one. She's been stated to be one year younger in all but one source, if I recall correctly from what I've read here on Kanzenshuu. The info might be from Daizenshuu 7... or something like that. Pan is born in 779, Bulla in 780.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:26 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Bulla compared to Pan? Minus one. She's been stated to be one year younger in all but one source, if I recall correctly from what I've read here on Kanzenshuu. The info might be from Daizenshuu 7... or something like that. Pan is born in 779, Bulla in 780.
So, one year apart from each other. DBS is currently in Age 779, then. Pan has learned how to speak somewhat, stand, but she still crawls.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:27 pm

If shes not born in the Trunks arc can we definately say shes not happening? Or thàt she will be rewritten?

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:29 pm

Bra had such a small role in the manga and anime during EoZ. But, even if it's Toriyama, I doubt she's been forgotten.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:35 pm

Xeztin wrote:If shes not born in the Trunks arc can we definately say shes not happening? Or that she will be rewritten?
I wouldn't say so, no. Not until a visible timeskip happens that can't be explained away in any easy manner. A wish to Shenron to resurrect Future Mai, for example. If something like that happens there's no way Toriyama hasn't missed the timeframe.
Last resort, we blame her lack of existence on Future Trunks' return somehow creating a new timeline that's separate from EoZ... or something. But there's no definite proof of Bulla not happening just yet.

But I'm biased.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:05 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
So, one year apart from each other. DBS is currently in Age 779, then. Pan has learned how to speak somewhat, stand, but she still crawls.
You would hope, but regardless of Pan's developmental progress, we're not. Pan's born in AGE 779, before Freeza was resurrected by Shenlong. The dragon was summoned again before the Hakaishin Invitational Tournament, so at least a year has passed. Regardless of when in the year Pan was born (should be after May to fit with the manga having her 4 at the 28th Budokai in a year where she should turn 5), a year has passed, so we should definitely be in AGE 780.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Going by the script of the first episode, there they had "some months" instead of "some time" after Boo's wish. So maybe Bulla isn't due until a couple of years.
Unfortunately they gone the vagueness route. So we don't know if that original script was from Mr.Toriyama or not, and if he wished to retcon the three years of the BoG movie.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:06 pm

If Toriyama doesn't forget about her, soon.
EOZ will get retconned anyway.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:37 pm

I'm sorry but I doubt EOZ is ever happening. I think Toei is gonna pretend it never happened.

I just can't see it happening with Beerus and Whis completely out of the picture and absolutely no diologue about God ki or any of the recent events. Let alone that line Bulma threw about not seeing Goku for the last 5 years and EOZ happened in age 784, so that would mean that Bulma hasn't seen Goku since age 779 and at this point in Super, we're past age 779. Right now it is age 780 if I'm correct.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:12 pm

ryou766 wrote:Bra had such a small role in the manga and anime during EoZ. But, even if it's Toriyama, I doubt she's been forgotten.
The man forgot Android 18's hair color. I would not be surprised if Bra has been forgotten.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Bulla would be born when Vegeta and Bulma have sex.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:16 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
ryou766 wrote:Bra had such a small role in the manga and anime during EoZ. But, even if it's Toriyama, I doubt she's been forgotten.
The man forgot Android 18's hair color. I would not be surprised if Bra has been forgotten.
Hair color has never been consistent in Dragon Ball.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:22 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:The man forgot Android 18's hair color. I would not be surprised if Bra has been forgotten.
Toriyama "forgetting" the color of anything for any character' is fairly insignificant in such a comparison. The man not only worked in black and white for 95% of his manga, but has openly admitted he's not particular about colors and will change them as he pleases.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:48 pm

She'll be born off-screen like Pan was and her existence will be briefly hand-waved in-universe. That's ideally the best scenario we can hope for.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:33 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:If Toriyama doesn't forget about her, soon.
EOZ will get retconned anyway.
No, it wont.