What If Kid Goku had the power of a Super Saiyan God?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiyan007
Regular

What If Kid Goku had the power of a Super Saiyan God?

Post by Saiyan007 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:33 pm

After re watching One Punch Man(great anime which i definitely recommend) it makes me wonder what it would be like if Goku had the power of a Super Saiyan God in the very first chapter of dragonball. Meaning Kid Goku in the very first chapter is as strong as Goku in the champa arc.

So how exactly would DB turn out if Goku started out extremely strong?For the simplicity of it Kid Goku has all the power of a SSGSS in his base form.What would be some major differences in dragonball?

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What If Kid Goku had the power of a Super Saiyan God?

Post by nite_jay » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Goku would've killed Bulma when they met, killed Piccolo Daimo, killed the Saiyans and Freeza, killed Cell and the Androids/Cyborgs, stopped Buu, and given Beerus a better fight if he decided to come visit Goku.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:42 am

Saiyan007 wrote:Meaning Kid Goku in the very first chapter is as strong as Goku in the champa arc.
He wouldn't be. Toriyama's established that the form scales based on the strength of the individual transforming, so he wouldn't be anywhere near the strength of where he's at in the current arc.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:02 am

Darkprince410 wrote: Toriyama's established that the form scales based on the strength of the individual transforming,
Do you know which interview that's from by any chance?

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:10 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
Saiyan007 wrote:Meaning Kid Goku in the very first chapter is as strong as Goku in the champa arc.
He wouldn't be. Toriyama's established that the form scales based on the strength of the individual transforming, so he wouldn't be anywhere near the strength of where he's at in the current arc.
Did you not read what I posted?

Kid Goku is as strong as his older self in the Champa arc this has nothing to do with the ritual.

Goku in the Champa arc has access to SSGSS.

If kid goku had all that power in the very first chapter how would dragon Ball be different is the question.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:11 am

nite_jay wrote:Goku would've killed Bulma when they met.
This is actually true. Sorry, Vegeta.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:16 am

MadSaiyantist wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote: Toriyama's established that the form scales based on the strength of the individual transforming,
Do you know which interview that's from by any chance?
It's from the Battle of Gods animanga
Is it possible that other Saiyans will be able to become [Super Saiyan] God in the future?

Of course. However, strength will vary depending on the battle power of the Saiyan who becomes [Super Saiyan] God.

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:13 pm

So, I know the OP said "the same level of strength as SSGSS Gokuu in the Champa arc", but I find it a bit more interesting if Gokuu at least obeys the rules of SSG.

So how strong would Gokuu be if he became a SSG with his start of Dragon Ball power? Well, my power level list coincidentally lines up with the Daiz in placing him at 10 at the start. My modifier for SSG is 280,000,000xbase. So he'd end up at around 2.8 billion. On my list that means he's way stronger than any of the Androids and both Imperfect and Semi-Perfect Cell by a long shot, but still falls short of Full Power Perfect Cell.

Now, I don't know if he would kill Bulma or not. More than likely, her car would just stop dead when it hit Gokuu, and have a Gokuu-shaped indention in it. She might be able to talk him down. In any case, Pilaf and his group probably would die when they tried to mess with them.

Gokuu likely never needs Roshi's help, so he never seeks him out for training. He never participates in the tournament. If they still made a wish at the end of the Pilaf Arc (and why wouldn't they?) Gokuu would still go searching for the four star ball, meaning he would end up destroying the RRA. They would try and hire Taopaipai, but he would be obliterated in a heartbeat.

Now, here's where it gets interesting.

Since Gokuu killed the Pilaf gang, they never released King Piccolo. Gokuu never goes to train with Kami. He probably never marries Chichi, as he wouldn't be participating in any tournaments and she wouldn't be able to track him down easily through them like that. Gohan is never born.

Raditz arrives, but he can't detect Gokuu's power due to him having God Ki. He nevertheless tries to do what Gokuu couldn't and wipe out the population of the planet so it can be sold...Gokuu finds this out and confronts him. He refuses to join Raditz, and kills him during their (very) brief battle. The Dragon Balls ironically still might get mentioned here, if Gokuu decides to tell his brother that he'll be wishing all the people Raditz killed back with them.

If that happens, Vegeta and Nappa head to Earth, but are again easily defeated by Gokuu, despite Vegeta transforming into his Oozaru state much earlier (though maybe not, since Gokuu probably still has his tail). There's no need to go to Namek. If Gokuu doesn't mention the Dragon Balls, then Vegeta and Nappa remain in Freeza's service for likely the rest of their lives.

Dr. Gero likely still seeks revenge. He tries to make the strongest Cyborgs he possibly can, all of them being around #16's level, but Gokuu still obliterates them in the end. He probably still has Cell growing in his lab, but he won't be active in this period as there is no need for time travel. Since Gokuu never turns Super Saiyan at all, the heart virus takes longer to affect him, but it eventually does kill him some time after he's destroyed the Cyborgs. That's pretty much how it ends, regardless of his strength.

Majin Buu is never released because there's not enough power on Earth and Babidi goes elsewhere to find the necessary power, Beerus never comes to Earth cause Gokuu is long dead by then. Freeza obviously never has any reason to seek revenge since he'd still be alive ruling the PTO. Eventually, decades later, Cell awakens and finds that there are no Cyborgs for him to absorb in order to achieve perfection. Though distressed about this, he is nevertheless by far the strongest being on the planet and wipes out all life on the Earth unopposed.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:35 pm

Blackstripe wrote:My modifier for SSG is 280,000,000xbase. So he'd end up at around 2.8 billion.
I always figured SsjG couldn't be a multiplier. If it was a multiplier than someone like Gotenks ascending to SsjG would knock Beerus and Whis down instantly right?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:43 pm

He would have probably went on Dragon Ball quest the same. The difference is he wouldn't be impressed by Master Roshi, so no training there. Roshi might tell him about the 21st TB, which would Goku sweep very easily. He might kill somebody accidentally, assuming he can't quite control his power.
He would have no motivation to do much more, so he would return to his home in the middle of the mountains and live there.

Raditz might arrive and just bow down to his power, he could be successful into convincing Goku that he should have killed everybody on Earth. If Goku goes along, Vegeta uses him to kill Freeza and gets a way to stab him in the back.
Something like this.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Is it just the power of the super saiyan god or that with God ki? because if it was detectable by scouter then he would have never been sent to Earth and Bardock would surely have used him to kill Frieza.

assuming he lands on Earth, we hear from Roshi in DBZ that Goku was a naughty child until his fall. If arriving on Earth and evil with that power he'd swiftly destroy it.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:24 pm

This Goku is a ticking time bomb. One look at the moon (and it would happen eventually), and he transforms. Lashing out in a mindless rage with that power, he blows the planet apart and dies in the vacuum of space. The end (to a very short and stupid story.)
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song