Super sheds some light on Dabura's power?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Blackstripe
Regular

Super sheds some light on Dabura's power?

Post by Blackstripe » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:37 am

Since in the latest episode as of this posting, we see Super Saiyan 2 Trunks fighting with Dabura. While he wins, it is clearly a somewhat difficult struggle. If Dabura can fight against a SSJ2 Trunks, I'm sure he could against a SSJ2 Gohan whose power was lower than it was during the Cell Games. This episode seems to more clearly show that Gohan must have indeed been SSJ2 when he was fighting Dabura, and Dabura is indeed comparable (though probably still somewhat inferior) to Super Perfect Cell.

Tectorman
Regular

Re: Super sheds some light on Dabura's power?

Post by Tectorman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:07 am

Blackstripe wrote:Since in the latest episode as of this posting, we see Super Saiyan 2 Trunks fighting with Dabura. While he wins, it is clearly a somewhat difficult struggle. If Dabura can fight against a SSJ2 Trunks, I'm sure he could against a SSJ2 Gohan whose power was lower than it was during the Cell Games. This episode seems to more clearly show that Gohan must have indeed been SSJ2 when he was fighting Dabura, and Dabura is indeed comparable (though probably still somewhat inferior) to Super Perfect Cell.
We don't know where Trunks is in relation to either Cell Saga Gohan or Beginning-Buu Saga Gohan, though.

If he (specifically, his base form) was less than half as strong as Gohan, then he would need SSJ2 to approximate Gohan's SSJ. He was stated to have received special training from his timeline's Supreme Kai, but do we know what it entailed? If all it did was take him to the point where he could use SSJ2, then it still fits that Gohan (main timeline) was using SSJ against Dabra.

And if we don't have any word on how Trunks's power against Dabra compares to the power he's been using against Black or in his match against Goku, then we also can't infer anything on that score.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:25 am

Tectorman wrote:
If he (specifically, his base form) was less than half as strong as Gohan, then he would need SSJ2 to approximate Gohan's SSJ. He was stated to have received special training from his timeline's Supreme Kai, but do we know what it entailed? If all it did was take him to the point where he could use SSJ2, then it still fits that Gohan (main timeline) was using SSJ against Dabra.
That was an initial translation mistake. It was actually established that Kaioushin gave him special instructions in how to beat Babi-di and Dabra, not actual training.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Blackstripe wrote:Since in the latest episode as of this posting, we see Super Saiyan 2 Trunks fighting with Dabura. While he wins, it is clearly a somewhat difficult struggle. If Dabura can fight against a SSJ2 Trunks, I'm sure he could against a SSJ2 Gohan whose power was lower than it was during the Cell Games. This episode seems to more clearly show that Gohan must have indeed been SSJ2 when he was fighting Dabura, and Dabura is indeed comparable (though probably still somewhat inferior) to Super Perfect Cell.
You have to remember that Trunks, during the Cell arc, could only get to Cell's level of strength via the graded transformations. Yet both Gohan and Goku were able to fight Cell just using their SSJ forms. Even with Trunks and Vegeta going in the RoSaT a second time they were still considered to be heavily outclassed by Gohan and Goku. And one could argue that had Gohan actually been motivated to fight Cell, prior to his SSJ2 transformation, he would have been on par with Cell. As Gohan proved that he could knock Cell down while Cell was utilising his full speed and Gohan was still not at all motivated to fight him. It really depends on how much training Trunks went through before he fought Dabra. But it could be highly likely that he didn't improve that much after he returned to his own timeline.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:08 pm

Plus, in the main timeline, Babidi and Dabra arrived on Earth when Trunks was only eight. In Future Trunks's timeline, Babidi and Dabra arrive later in Future Trunks's life (I presume this to be due to the androids having wrecked Earth's population at the time; Babidi needs to harvest energy to revive Buu so he was probably just waiting). So we don't know how Trunks's Dabra compares to the Dabra in the main timeline. He could be stronger or gifted with more or different magic power.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 pm

I've always seen Dabura on Perfect Cell's level right after he absorbed 18, but not as strong as Super Pefect Cell when he came back after blowing himself up and fighting SSJ2 Gohan.

That's why adult Gohan couldn't defeat him because he was also weaker than he was in the Cell arc.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:43 am

We don't know that Trunks was SSJ2 when he fought Dabura, just that he achieved it sometime, possibly after he beat him and Babidi.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:23 am

Trunks currently has to be on par with Cell Games Gohan in order to "push back" normal-Ki Goku as Kid Trunks states. With Black being somewhere stronger than SSJ3 Goku, this implies Trunks is quite a bit stronger than when we last saw him.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:58 pm

Future Dabura came by years later than he did in our timeline. We would probably be wrong to assume that his power would be the exact same as it was when he showed up in the main timeline.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Trunks wasn't SSJ2 against Dabra...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:10 pm

This is one of the many things they could explore in a special.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:21 pm

With the difference in time for Babidi arriving on Earth compared to the main timeline, he may even have different henchmen in his lineup.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:18 am

theherodjl wrote:Trunks currently has to be on par with Cell Games Gohan in order to "push back" normal-Ki Goku as Kid Trunks states. With Black being somewhere stronger than SSJ3 Goku, this implies Trunks is quite a bit stronger than when we last saw him.
Ssj2 goku surpassed ssj2 kid gohan in the buu saga. In bog he trained further and then got training from whis.

Also, trunks was ssj1 when he killed dabura.

So at that time as a ssj1 he was proly around ssj2 kid gohan level.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:36 pm

buutenks wrote:
theherodjl wrote:Trunks currently has to be on par with Cell Games Gohan in order to "push back" normal-Ki Goku as Kid Trunks states. With Black being somewhere stronger than SSJ3 Goku, this implies Trunks is quite a bit stronger than when we last saw him.
Ssj2 goku surpassed ssj2 kid gohan in the buu saga. In bog he trained further and then got training from whis.

Goku was just barely stronger than Gohan 7 years later, Piccolo states that Vegeta's power up that was equal to SSJ2 Goku was "perhaps" stronger than SSJ2 Gohan was against Cell, with the implication that the difference was miniscule.
In more recent events Goku still isn't very much more powerful barring his God power, he'd probably struggle once more to defeat Kid Boo and run out of stamina before he could deal any killing blast. Future Trunks could still very well fit into the category of Cell Games Gohan or Goku and still have enough power to push back current non-God Goku.
Dabura really wasn't that powerful either as it took a slightly weaker teen Gohan with less than 100% power to be equal with him which would more or less be Cell Games Goku tier.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:51 pm

theherodjl wrote:
buutenks wrote:

Goku was just barely stronger than Gohan 7 years later, Piccolo states that Vegeta's power up that was equal to SSJ2 Goku was "perhaps" stronger than SSJ2 Gohan was against Cell, with the implication that the difference was miniscule.
In more recent events Goku still isn't very much more powerful barring his God power, he'd probably struggle once more to defeat Kid Boo and run out of stamina before he could deal any killing blast. Future Trunks could still very well fit into the category of Cell Games Gohan or Goku and still have enough power to push back current non-God Goku.
Dabura really wasn't that powerful either as it took a slightly weaker teen Gohan with less than 100% power to be equal with him which would more or less be Cell Games Goku tier.
I think Goku wasnt that strong as ssj2 was because he prob discovered ssj3 some weeks or months later. so instead of mastering 2. He went on to use 3 more and attempt to master it. However him not realizing that 3 really drains stamina because him being dead and prob had near unlimited amount of energy at his disposal. Also wasn't gohan initially stronger then Goku? I mean didn't Whis claim that the heroes have been focusing on making they're ssj forms more powerful when they should have focused on making they're base forms stronger.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Could this Dabura be stronger as Babidi has arrived on Earth much later in the Future timeline.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:46 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:We don't know that Trunks was SSJ2 when he fought Dabura, just that he achieved it sometime, possibly after he beat him and Babidi.
He could not defeat Dabura without SSJ2, so he had to have had it.