Dragonball Super Fans Vs Dragonball Z Fans

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

Dragonball Super Fans Vs Dragonball Z Fans

Post by Lujin_16 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:22 am

I have seen comments in Youtube and Facebook and daamn they hate each other...Imagine the Trunks Arc and the 12 Universe Arc will end up great so the hate is getting worse?
maybe..

Problems with some dbz fans:

1..Characters are skinny now and less badass(Is like saying Ruffy,Naruto or other anime heroes are less badass because they are skinny)

2..Super is different than Z so for them it is automatically bad..

3..Bitching about to much comedy(Those are fans who has never seen Dragonball or animes like One Piece but that's not my problem)

4..The animation is bad( I must say episode 5 was bad and the fight between Frieza and Goku but after that i have seen nothing wrong again with the animation so yes they

exaggerate now....In every episode youu find someone who bitching about the animation even when the animation was great :wtf:

5..I'm happy that not everyone is like that and are enjoying the series even some who has never seen Dragonball Z or who hates Z and loves Super because it is different than Z

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Super Fans Vs Dragonball Z Fans

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:I have seen comments in Youtube and Facebook and daamn they hate each other...Imagine the Trunks Arc and the 12 Universe Arc will end up great so the hate is getting worse?
maybe..

1..Characters are skinny now and less badass(Is like saying Ruffy,Naruto or other anime heroes are less badass because they are skinny)

3..Bitching about to much comedy(Those are fans who has never seen Dragonball or animes like One Piece but that's not my problem)

4..The animation is bad( I must say episode 5 was bad and the fight between Frieza and Goku but after that i have seen nothing wrong again with the animation so yes they

exaggerate now....In every episode youu find someone who bitching about the animation even when the animation was great :wtf:

5..I'm happy that not everyone is like that and are enjoying the series even some who has never seen Dragonball Z or who hates Z and loves Super because it is different than Z
Wait why would a person have to like one or the other? I'm a fan of both. I disliked the Buu Arc greatly in Z and enjoy super more than that at the very least. RoF Arc was really bad in Super but the rest has been on par with the DB Universe IMO
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:05 pm

Youtube and Facebook are the worst place for discussing anything DB related so just avoid them. No offence but this is a pointless thread.

- Travis

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:18 pm

Most Super fans were DBZ fans before Super came out.

I'm a fan of both, but DBZ will always have a special place in my heart.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:

No, it's because they went from being badass looking characters to what they are now. Luffy and Naruto were like that from day one and so was Beerus which is why no one complains about his design.

That's not why, fans including myself who complain about Super give valid reasons to why we don't like it.

3..Bitching about to much comedy.

No one is complaining about comedy, the problem is how it's used and the type of comedy they're using.

(Those are fans who has never seen Dragonball or animes like One Piece but that's not my problem)

One Piece is my 2nd favorite anime and I like DB as much I like Z and so do a lot of fans who complain about Super.

4..The animation is bad.

Most of the time it's mediocre at best.

I must say episode 5 was bad and the fight between Frieza and Goku but after that i have seen nothing wrong again with the animation.

You must have really low standards for animation quality.

so yes they exaggerate now....In every episode you find someone who bitching about the animation even when the animation was great :wtf:

People praise the animation when it's great like during ep13 &/or14.

5..I'm happy that not everyone is like that and are enjoying the series even some who has never seen Dragon ball Z or who hates Z and loves Super.

I find that very hard to believe.
Why are you and other Super fans against the show improving ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:59 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:I have seen comments in Youtube and Facebook and daamn they hate each other...Imagine the Trunks Arc and the 12 Universe Arc will end up great so the hate is getting worse?
maybe..

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Yeah, i see why most Z fans nitpick on the art and style of Super.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:02 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
maybe..

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

There has been plenty of good trunks shots in the last few episodes. That's literally the worst he's been drawn.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:03 pm

I'm pretty sure people make those complaints because they want the series to be better, and for the most part the complaints are legitimate. I can sympathize wanting DBS to perfect, but, Super doesn't have to be better or as good a DBZ for you to like it. There is nothing wrong with Liking super and acknowledging it's short comings.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Boo Machine wrote:I'm pretty sure people make those complaints because they want the series to be better, and for the most part the complaints are legitimate. I can sympathize wanting DBS to perfect, but, Super doesn't have to be better or as good a DBZ for you to like it. There is nothing wrong with Liking super and acknowledging it's short comings.
It's shortcomings are mainly in animation...which some of us barely notice. I can't tell in the action of an episode if Goku has a weird face in two or three small moments. Some continuity issues as well which are more plain for everyone to see.

I'm just hoping Black becomes a good villain because we haven't had one since Cell IMO

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:08 pm

kinisking wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
maybe..

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

There has been plenty of good trunks shots in the last few episodes. That's literally the worst he's been drawn.
Yeah, mainly close ups though? They don't animate him properly when it matters most? A SSJ2 Trunks about to fight SSJ2 Goku and they make him look off-model as fuck. lol. First priority should be to animate the SSJ transformation with the best budget they have. :/ not save it for close ups.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:20 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:I'm pretty sure people make those complaints because they want the series to be better, and for the most part the complaints are legitimate. I can sympathize wanting DBS to perfect, but, Super doesn't have to be better or as good a DBZ for you to like it. There is nothing wrong with Liking super and acknowledging it's short comings.
It's shortcomings are mainly in animation...which some of us barely notice. I can't tell in the action of an episode if Goku has a weird face in two or three small moments. Some continuity issues as well which are more plain for everyone to see.

I'm just hoping Black becomes a good villain because we haven't had one since Cell IMO
If you barely notice it, then that's awesome for you. Hell I didn't notice anything wrong with Episode 5 the first time I watched it. But I sure noticed it during the Goku vs freeza fight, As well as the fight with Botamo, where the movements were so stiff and lifeless. I get why the art sometimes looks the way it does so I will often give that a pass.

I really enjoy Black. My hope for him is that I still like him even after all is revealed about him.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

If you barely notice it, then that's awesome. Hell I didn't notice anything wrong with Episode 5 the first time I watched it. But I sure noticed it during the Goku vs freeza fight, As well as the fight with Botamo, where the movements were so stiff and lifeless. I get why the art sometimes looks the way it does so I will often give that a pass.

I really enjoy Black. My hope for him is that I still like him even after all is revealed about him.
Oh definitely not saying I notice nothing...more along the lines of I just barely notice it unless it's pointed out. Like Vegeta having two left hands at one point :lol:

RoF Arc was just horrible though...agreed there.

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:30 pm

sintzu wrote:
Lujin_16 wrote:

No, it's because they went from being badass looking characters to what they are now. Luffy and Naruto were like that from day one and so was Beerus which is why no one complains about his design.

That's not why, fans including myself who complain about Super give valid reasons to why we don't like it.

3..Bitching about to much comedy.

No one is complaining about comedy, the problem is how it's used and the type of comedy they're using.

(Those are fans who has never seen Dragonball or animes like One Piece but that's not my problem)

One Piece is my 2nd favorite anime and I like DB as much I like Z and so do a lot of fans who complain about Super.

4..The animation is bad.

Most of the time it's mediocre at best.

I must say episode 5 was bad and the fight between Frieza and Goku but after that i have seen nothing wrong again with the animation.

You must have really low standards for animation quality.

so yes they exaggerate now....In every episode you find someone who bitching about the animation even when the animation was great :wtf:

People praise the animation when it's great like during ep13 &/or14.

5..I'm happy that not everyone is like that and are enjoying the series even some who has never seen Dragon ball Z or who hates Z and loves Super.

I find that very hard to believe.
Why are you and other Super fans against the show improving ?
Lol you really have a narrow mind if you think we complain without any good reasons in fact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ffdeJ77Bo
This video points out everything that's wrong with Super and hopefully everyone will watch it is a well put review of Mr. Joy.
And by watching this you'll understand we legitimate have good reasons to bash the serie.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:16 pm

I enjoy super, and I watch it. It's different.

I do however enjoy DBZ more, and believe in my opinion that, so far it is better than Super.
Not saying that Super's bad, it's different that's for sure.

I've spent the past like 20 years watching and rewatching DBZ... it's not gonna get surpassed by some 2bit anime sharing the franchise title easily mate.

If it aint broke don't fix, some things are best left in the past.

I'm just glad a newer generation will get their own Dragon Ball series to nostalgia gasim at in 10 or so years, each generation deserves a fond dragon ball memory even if it's different than my own.

But nothing beats the original ;)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:36 pm

I enjoy Dragon Ball Super but I enjoy Dragon Ball Z much more. At the end of the day, they are both really flawed shows with their pro and cons and in several areas could have been handled better. I think fans stress over the comparisons between the two shows too much, in all honesty.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Ozotto wrote:It's not gonna get surpassed by some 2bit anime sharing the franchise title easily mate.
If it didn't have the franchise's name it wouldn't last 10 episodes.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Wait After the Trunks arc and the 12 tournament Arc and than you can say how good super really is but now?? to early comparing them

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:31 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:Wait...
That's all I've been hearing from Super fans ever since this show started, wait till this episode or wait till that arc.

We're 50 episodes in and it's the same mediocre quality we've been getting since the 1st episode.
Lujin_16 wrote:I must say episode 5 was bad.
Not according to Toei :
Interviewer wrote:speaking of Dragon Ball Super: what's up with the animation issues that have been happening?
Hayashida wrote:The criticism we've received has been way too overblown. The animators responsible for those scenes are newbies who just started working at this level in the industry, they are good animators, and I just do not understand why they get picked on to such a degree.
If that isn't enough to convince you that Super won't change then nothing will, It's obvious that Toei and Toriyama are more than happy with the mediocrity they're putting out and it's not going to change unless there's a huge management change over at Toei.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:10 am

I don't agree with this false dichotomy.
I don't believe that there are two different camps. If you like Super you probably liked Z. It's just that
some people don't like super, and need to make it known 24/7 on every forum, video, and episode.
:clap:

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:19 am

That's all I've been hearing from Super fans ever since this show started, wait till this episode or wait till that arc.
We're 50 episodes in and it's the same mediocre quality we've been getting since the 1st episode.

Universe 6 was good and the beginning of the trunsk arc is great so far....You sound like a hater :clap: