Question about "potential" unlocked

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Question about "potential" unlocked

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:18 pm

If Gohan can still manage to become weaker, I don't see how it's far-fetched to consider he could become stronger than the threshold Old Kaioshin assisted him towards. Breaking past established limits has always been a staple in the series' progression, if the situation calls for it.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:25 pm

Nejishiki wrote:If Gohan can still manage to become weaker, I don't see how it's far-fetched to consider he could become stronger than the threshold Old Kaioshin assisted him towards. Breaking past established limits has always been a staple in the series' progression, if the situation calls for it.
Well yeah of course he can. However he can't rely on hidden power though which was already released, unless it's implied to have been sealed again since he got weaker.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

dragon ball truth

Post by dragon ball truth » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:14 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
dragon ball truth wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Gohan was shown still having hidden power way before that. Even in the same arc. Gohan still shows rage boosts which are tapping into that hidden power. If Guru had unleashed all his power, Gohan shouldn't have had any rage boosts left. Like how after the Elder Kaioshin released his potential, he had no rage boosts left. He couldn't rely on that to beat Boo as he had everything at face value now.

Goten and Trunks could have some hidden power, but they don't care. I mean we have a hand holding power up that can be passed around like candy, and no one else uses it. So them not spreading around the Elder Kaioshin power up pretty much fits in line with that.

Gohan would get stronger. Simple as that. He just wouldn't have more hidden power now. Goku doesn't get stronger from hidden power from training, he just gets stronger. The same would apply to Gohan if he trained.
Do you mind providing the chapter that says gohan had no hidden power left after the old kai and he couldnt have anymore rage boosts? Footage or anything will do.
The entire ritual took out all of his hidden power, and took it way past it's limits. Where is he supposed to draw more hidden power when he has access to all of it? Rage boosts come from Gohan's hidden potential, and the Elder Kaioshin awakened all of it. They never call Gohan's rage boosts a thing outside of just it being his hidden power he taps into. There's not really any footage that mentions rage boosts as they never were named.
You still have yet to provide a chapter that says all his power that ever will be was drawn out, and gohan was never mad in the fight against buu; and since battle of gods is now retcon city even that shows that gohan has hidden power that will always return vegetas statements and all, so no you have nothing that says all of gohans power he will ever have was drawn out, and what limit? The limit he had up til the point of the ritual after the z sword training? Of course but the power the kai drew out was already in him it only required a catalyst to draw it out, at which the most old kai could draw out is what gohan had on him at the current time; the old kai isnt the super shenlong he cant draw out future hidden power.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:27 pm

dragon ball truth wrote:You still have yet to provide a chapter that says all his power that ever will be was drawn out, and gohan was never mad in the fight against buu; and since battle of gods is now retcon city even that shows that gohan has hidden power that will always return vegetas statements and all, so no you have nothing that says all of gohans power he will ever have was drawn out, and what limit? The limit he had up til the point of the ritual after the z sword training? Of course but the power the kai drew out was already in him it only required a catalyst to draw it out, at which the most old kai could draw out is what gohan had on him at the current time; the old kai isnt the super shenlong he cant draw out future hidden power.
How is he gonna have any more hidden power, when literally all of it and then some was released and taken beyond it's limits? Where the hell is he gonna get more power in his fight against Boo when ALL of his hidden power was released. All of it and then some. He doesn't have a magical energy pool like the Speed Force.

Goku even brings up if it's like the one Gohan had before, which the Elder Kaioshin shot down. If it was just like Guru's power up, it wouldn't be such a big deal. It's such a huge power up that it eclipses the need for transformations.
Chapter: 479 (DBZ 285), P10.1-5
Context: Elder Kaioshin explains his ‘ability’
Elder Kaioshin: “With my psychic powers, I can take the hidden power which anyone has, no matter how amazing a master they may be, and draw it wa~~ay, wa~~ay out above their limits. Ehehehehe…Have you ever heard of an ability like that?”
Kaioshin and Kibito: “Oooh!”
Goku: “Wh-what?...Ain’t that the kind of ability you hear about fairly often?”
Elder Kaioshin: “Wh-what are you talking about…?! Above their limits! Above! There de~~efinitely isn’t anyone else that incredible! [ ] Hey, you over there, you were the one who pulled the sword out, right? Come over here a little. If someone could pull that sword out and swing it around, then once I get through with them they’ll de~~efinitely be able to become the best in the universe.”
Even after getting his shit kicked to near death, and recovering, he doesn't even get a little power up.
Chapter: 501 (DBZ 307), P8.4-5
Context: after Dende heals Gohan
Boo: “Impossible…! He’s revived back to normal…! Who was that weird little runt?...But naturally, he’s merely returned to normal…It’s not like he’s powered up…He’s merely extended…the time that he’ll suffer…”

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:08 am

I am pretty sure that Super Kami Guru can unlock your potential.
On the other hand Old Kaioshin can get your powers beyond their limits.
So if your limit is 100, Super Kami Guru can help you reach it but Old Kaioshin might be able to get you to 110.

Also you can never have your potential fully unlocked unless you stop training.
When you unlock your powers and limits, you surpass your current level but as long as you train and you surpass yourself, new levels can be reached and you limits can be unlocked.
Saying that Gohan reached his limits in z doesn't mean that he can't go beyond, it means that AT THAT TIME he can't go beyond. If he continues to train he can surpass his limits.

dragon ball truth

Post by dragon ball truth » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:06 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
dragon ball truth wrote:You still have yet to provide a chapter that says all his power that ever will be was drawn out, and gohan was never mad in the fight against buu; and since battle of gods is now retcon city even that shows that gohan has hidden power that will always return vegetas statements and all, so no you have nothing that says all of gohans power he will ever have was drawn out, and what limit? The limit he had up til the point of the ritual after the z sword training? Of course but the power the kai drew out was already in him it only required a catalyst to draw it out, at which the most old kai could draw out is what gohan had on him at the current time; the old kai isnt the super shenlong he cant draw out future hidden power.
How is he gonna have any more hidden power, when literally all of it and then some was released and taken beyond it's limits? Where the hell is he gonna get more power in his fight against Boo when ALL of his hidden power was released. All of it and then some. He doesn't have a magical energy pool like the Speed Force.

Goku even brings up if it's like the one Gohan had before, which the Elder Kaioshin shot down. If it was just like Guru's power up, it wouldn't be such a big deal. It's such a huge power up that it eclipses the need for transformations.
Chapter: 479 (DBZ 285), P10.1-5
Context: Elder Kaioshin explains his ‘ability’
Elder Kaioshin: “With my psychic powers, I can take the hidden power which anyone has, no matter how amazing a master they may be, and draw it wa~~ay, wa~~ay out above their limits. Ehehehehe…Have you ever heard of an ability like that?”
Kaioshin and Kibito: “Oooh!”
Goku: “Wh-what?...Ain’t that the kind of ability you hear about fairly often?”
Elder Kaioshin: “Wh-what are you talking about…?! Above their limits! Above! There de~~efinitely isn’t anyone else that incredible! [ ] Hey, you over there, you were the one who pulled the sword out, right? Come over here a little. If someone could pull that sword out and swing it around, then once I get through with them they’ll de~~efinitely be able to become the best in the universe.”
Even after getting his shit kicked to near death, and recovering, he doesn't even get a little power up.
Chapter: 501 (DBZ 307), P8.4-5
Context: after Dende heals Gohan
Boo: “Impossible…! He’s revived back to normal…! Who was that weird little runt?...But naturally, he’s merely returned to normal…It’s not like he’s powered up…He’s merely extended…the time that he’ll suffer…”
Now time to pick apart your retarded argument from your first moot point, he said he could draw out the power which is a thing and take that past the persons limits; lets interpret this for a gohan hater, this means that gohan in whatever form he was in even when he pushed his power as high as he could when trying to stop buu from hatching; the old kai could have drawn out hidden power he had at that time a limit is the power to which they can attain when they themselves are in control the hidden power is over the persons limit kid crossing over to naruto and seeing the gates on rock lees power the hidden power in gohans case is like adrenaline.

You still havent proved that ALL of gohans power was released, the old kai only stopped releasing gohans power because of the time limit of gotenks fusion had expired; else he would have kept drawing out more power, and that still cant say he would have no more power ever.

How is buu supposed to really know if gohans power increased, its not like he powered up; then again buu was mighty surprised when he absorbed gohan and said, "I've powered up a lot this time, and this time i dont have a time limit" so no he didnt know the depths of gohans power else he wouldnt have been surprised when he absorbed gohan. When vegeta was revived in frieza no one made notice of vegetas power increase, and that was a life revival gohan just got shot with a beam.

And on the subject of gohan having no hidden power left, gokus statement 'raise your power hes changing' and the fact that gohan himself saw nothing special of even buus new power to even attempt to power up again; and buus comments towards gohan when he said, "without your father holding your hand, you really are nothing" lets me know from buus statement that if gohan had goku there coaching him on he couldve fed on something to reach deeper in his power, cause no proof on your side but i have proof that gohans emotions were gone when he returned so confident with his new power even when his mom, dende and everyone else died he didnt snap but kept a confident smile on his face; gohan had nothing to draw out more power from.

All of the ending of that buu fight was for was an extended re-entry of goku and vegeta; so its not really a credible statement to draw a conclusion of gohan not having any more power.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:46 am

Retarded argument? Alright I don't even think there's a point in conversing anymore. Anyone who says something like that, really has no interest in what I say, and has already long since made up their mind.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:56 pm

And still no one ever will be able to explain he super Saiyan and mystic stuff probably.

Old Kai says Gohan to power up to Super Saiyan. Nothing happens and Gohan is even surprised.

In Super he can go Super Saiyan in addition to Mystic as shown on BoG saga... And later on he isn't even sure to be able to go Super Saiyan and Mystic is gone