Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [COMPLETE]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [COMPLETE]

Post by Shaddy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:15 am

Falter wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:53 am Hey I am really sorry if this has been answered but I tried to scroll though and couldn't see,

Massive fan of the Kai recut, is Boo done and where is a link for it?
I had been so looking forward to the Boo saga and hadn't been on here for ages, took a brief look and I was like,
WHERE WHERE WHERE WHERE WHERE?????
And again, it is tremendous what you have done
We can't directly link the site for legal reasons. Since you've apparently seen Kai recut, it's the same place you got that.

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:57 am

Falter wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:53 am Hey I am really sorry if this has been answered but I tried to scroll though and couldn't see,

Massive fan of the Kai recut, is Boo done and where is a link for it?
I had been so looking forward to the Boo saga and hadn't been on here for ages, took a brief look and I was like,
WHERE WHERE WHERE WHERE WHERE?????
And again, it is tremendous what you have done
Why would you look anywhere but the OP?

KoyMcCloud

Post by KoyMcCloud » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:29 am

Heya, new to the website, apologies for the dumb question, but where can I watch this exactly? I'm not really seeing any links, or is it something you DM to people?

Aspiring-Creator

Post by Aspiring-Creator » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:47 am

KoyMcCloud wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:29 am Heya, new to the website, apologies for the dumb question, but where can I watch this exactly? I'm not really seeing any links, or is it something you DM to people?
Google is your best friend in this scenario.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:39 am

Watching episode two of DBZ Kai Recut. This looks both cut and uncut. The blood from Piccolo was red in DBZ. But there was lots of blood when Goku dies. Did you upscale Dragon Boxes to make cut certain scenes uncut?

Aspiring-Creator

Post by Aspiring-Creator » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:00 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:39 am Watching episode two of DBZ Kai Recut. This looks both cut and uncut. The blood from Piccolo was red in DBZ. But there was lots of blood when Goku dies. Did you upscale Dragon Boxes to make cut certain scenes uncut?
Not the original poster but I do know the answer to this. Freeza Saga onward is upscaled Dragon Box to undo the censorship while the Saiyan Saga uses the Level Sets.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:52 am

Aspiring-Creator wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:00 am
sangofe wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:39 am Watching episode two of DBZ Kai Recut. This looks both cut and uncut. The blood from Piccolo was red in DBZ. But there was lots of blood when Goku dies. Did you upscale Dragon Boxes to make cut certain scenes uncut?
Not the original poster but I do know the answer to this. Freeza Saga onward is upscaled Dragon Box to undo the censorship while the Saiyan Saga uses the Level Sets.
I watched the episode with Ten Shin Han in the Saiyan saga and Vegeta vs Zarbon. None of them were uncut... Is there a list of what's made uncut?

Aspiring-Creator

Post by Aspiring-Creator » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:00 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:52 am
I watched the episode with Ten Shin Han in the Saiyan saga and Vegeta vs Zarbon. None of them were uncut... Is there a list of what's made uncut?
Mainly it's instances of gore or blood and vulgar gestures that Kai scrubbed away. Basically if it was present in the manga, it was kept. Certain changes that maybe were across the board for the original and Kai? Kept because changing that would require a level of effort that kind of would fundamentally shift what the project's about.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:05 am

Aspiring-Creator wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:00 am

Mainly it's instances of gore or blood and vulgar gestures that Kai scrubbed away. Basically if it was present in the manga, it was kept. Certain changes that maybe were across the board for the original and Kai? Kept because changing that would require a level of effort that kind of would fundamentally shift what the project's about.
The instances I mentioned that weren't made uncut were things Kai changed. I guess the anime made lots of scenes more bloody than the manga?

Aspiring-Creator

Post by Aspiring-Creator » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:19 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:05 am
Aspiring-Creator wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:00 am

The instances I mentioned that weren't made uncut were things Kai changed. I guess the anime made lots of scenes more bloody than the manga?
Quite a few times. It's actually weird because in some ways the manga is more brutal like when Gohan kills the Cell Juniors. In the manga, you see the gore completely unobscured while in the anime the screen goes bluish grey and the carnage is obscured by smoke. Then in quite a few instances? The anime has more cases of blood gushing, occasionally more vulgar gestures, that sort of thing which funnily enough when Kai cut that stuff down. At times it was censorship but at other times it really just brought it down to what was there in the manga.

GorillaCentral

Post by GorillaCentral » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:56 pm

Gotta say that Milkman's dedication to this community is legendary. He deserves a long break after this. Probably ages and ages away but I do hope his Dragon Ball Z recut project eventually comes out too. Footage from the Dragon Box plus the original broadcast audio in high quality would be incredible. There's another pretty good recut of the OG DBZ with original broadcast audio, but the commercial break eye catches and ALL the credit sequences are not included :-( Ya'll probably know what I'ma talking about