Goten in DBS

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Where is Goten?

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:14 pm

I'm starting to believe Goten is Black since the fact he hasn't been around for a long time in fact he has been missing the entire arc (Just playing i don't believe Goten is Black, but seriously where is he?).

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Where is Goten?

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:21 pm

I don't necessarily believe he is Black, though I have this lingering feeling that Goten's absence is plot relevant somehow.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:25 pm

I think it's strange he hasn't met Future Trunks yet.

His absence is actually what's keeping me from thinking he's Gokû Black, since they're going out of their way to mirror Kid Mai with Future Mai when Pilaf Gang wasn't that necessary to the arc. I'd think if Goten was Black that he'd be hanging around too just so you'd have the full set of kid versions of all three main players.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:38 pm

After telling everyone I know that there is no way in hell that Black and Goten are connected and any theory saying otherwise is just silly, if it turns out that the two are indeed connected I am going to have some serious Egg on my face.

So For now I'm just hoping he is just at home oblivious to anything going on just like his older brother. Though it is a shame he never gets to me Future Trunks. But I guess Trunks will tell him all about it later.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:41 pm

Also, you may want to rename the thread to involve Super, since we're in In-Universe Discussion and not Dragon Ball Super.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:58 pm

Goten missing is what's making me think he really is Black, if Goten was born in the 4th timeline or any other timeline its certainly possible. He might have gotten rid of his real name because he wants nothing to do with his family. He hates Saiyan's so maybe Goku done something in another timeline that hurt him. If Trunks can have a bad-ass future counterpart I don't see why Goten can't.

Now the plot answer will be he is with Chi-Chi and will probably come face to face with Black and Future Trunks right near the end.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:24 pm

There is no conspiracy theory here.

Goten is just written off this arc for the same reason Gohan was. The writers don't want to use any Saiyans outside of Goku, Vegeta and the two Trunks. Goten has no use for this arc, all he would be doing would be hanging around Pilaf gang anyway, so there's no point.

You might as well ask where Piccolo or Krillin are, and why they haven't appeared for a while either. Same thing.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:41 pm

I don't think he was born in Future Trunks's timeline, what with Goku gone and Chi-Chi's whereabouts unknown when he originally appeared in the Androids arc.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:49 pm

Goten is off doing Goten things. You know like being irrelevant.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm

precita wrote:There is no conspiracy theory here.

Goten is just written off this arc for the same reason Gohan was. The writers don't want to use any Saiyans outside of Goku, Vegeta and the two Trunks. Goten has no use for this arc, all he would be doing would be hanging around Pilaf gang anyway, so there's no point.

You might as well ask where Piccolo or Krillin are, and why they haven't appeared for a while either. Same thing.
Pretty much this. If Goten was gonna be Black he would have been involved in the current arc a lot more, instead of people asking where is Goten?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:42 pm

He saw how Gohan, Piccolo and the rest lost horribly against Beerus and thought, "I don't want the title of 'Jobber' on my resume". And then pulled an exit stage left and when back to studying and going to school.

In reality though, much like a good chunk of the rest of the cast, Toei/Toriyama/Toyotaro, just don't have any plans for him.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:05 pm

He's been put into storage until Gotenks is needed again. It might be awhile...
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Goten in DBS

Post by vashter » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:08 am

Ever since Trunks came back in time, that kiddo been absent a lot in that arc he maybe showin 1-2 times but that not enough,what if that is black? Lol Sorry about this thread :P but please... it either

1. U10 GOD black
2. Goten
3. Zamasus revival after killed by beerus?

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:15 am

Beyond wrote:Goten is off doing Goten things. You know like being irrelevant.
He's on standbye
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:29 am

Chi Chi's gone back to her old ways of, "My boy needs to study and grow up to be a productive member of society," type of mom. She's probably got Son Goten trapped in the house with his nose stuck in the books just like she did with Son Gohan.

Goten was never born in Trunks' future, so Black is certainly not Son Goten. My original theory was that he was some corrupted version of the future timeline's resurrected Son Goku. We'll find out soon enough, though.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Goten in DBS

Post by PMD » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:43 am

I don't understand the point of this topic, to be honest. Could you explain more?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:47 pm

PMD wrote:I don't understand the point of this topic, to be honest. Could you explain more?
I believe he means Goten has been absent this arc which makes him think he's going to end up being Black from a different universe or timeline.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:52 pm

He is not Black.

He is just as important as he was in GT... hell even in Z I found him useless besides being a fuse partner for Trunks

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:24 pm

Seriously guys?
After all this "I need goku to impove" "Zamasu asking for goku""black coping Goku's moves" there is still even 1 guy on the planet that think that he is Goten?
Especially since Goku died way before Goten was.....an idea.

It's pretty obvious Black is Future Goku resurrected or even fused with Gowasu that is controlled by Zamasu.

Goten been absent was explained. He studies for his exams. I doubt even 24 hours have passed since then and even if they have Goten probably failed and studies for another chance to pass the class. The Arc will end with Goten either explaining that he took the exam 50 times and passed because the teacher felt sorry for him or asking gohan for help.
Last edited by Mazingerdestro on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Kishido wrote:He is not Black.

He is just as important as he was in GT... hell even in Z I found him useless besides being a fuse partner for Trunks
It's a shame Goten/Trunks young duo doesn't do more, given the potential (being SSJ2 so young in Z and even SSJ3 through Fusion!) they should be the most gifted warriors, I would like to see them grow up and get more action, but the show is too centered on Goku and Vegeta for it to happen I guess.

Oh and to stay on topic, I don't think he is Black either, that would be disappointing.