Concerning the q&a with the producer

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Concerning the q&a with the producer

Post by xmysticgohanx » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:54 pm

"Who’s the strongest out of all these? We asked producer, Atsushi Kido.
The God of Destruction Beerus is overwhelmingly strong, but if we leave him out, then I think the strongest fighter is Goku Black. I’d say he’s used Son Goku’s power as a base and evolved in his own, unique way."

Who are "of all these"? I'm assuming there was a picture or something to go along with it?
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Concerning the q&a with the producer

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:46 pm

The Yamamuro spread on the pages showcases Merged Zamasu, Trunks, and SSB Vegetto, but there's no way of knowing if the question is in relation to those three characters specifically, or if in typical vague Japanese fashion, it's just a general question.

I think everyone needs to remember that these types of Q&As are not meant to be independent hard journalism, but are always collusion and an extension of the marketing.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:46 pm

VegettoEX wrote:The Yamamuro spread on the pages showcases Merged Zamasu, Trunks, and SSB Vegetto, but there's no way of knowing if the question is in relation to those three characters specifically, or if in typical vague Japanese fashion, it's just a general question.

I think everyone needs to remember that these types of Q&As are not meant to be independent hard journalism, but are always collusion and an extension of the marketing.
Wow so it's impossible to know who they meant? The spread must not be related to the question because neither Beerus or Black is there

Concerning your second point, being a collusion/extension of marketing doesn't make it less valid tbh
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:32 pm

No, of course it doesn't make it less valid, but when these kinds of very short Q&As are published alongside related, promotional spreads (rather than as standalone pieces)... well, it can be easy to conflate their importance to extreme levels. I'd just caution people against that. It's a neat little piece of trivia he tossed out, but it's also very locked-in-time in relation to what they're talking about. And again, we also have no idea how much context was given to Kido there about what would be on the page spread. That's all! :)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::