Ocean Dub Music

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ_Vejita

Ocean Dub Music

Post by SSJ_Vejita » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:48 am

We know that there is a alternate dub of Dragon Ball Z for Europe wich was done by the Ocean group. They used the BGM from some Megaman game or series, I don't know. But is there a soundtrack of that music? Because I'm kind of curious how that music sounds like.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:01 pm

From what I remember, the music came from not only the Megaman TV series, but also the Monster Rancher dub. No idea if they had soundtracks, though I'm doubtful of it.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

SSJ_Vejita

Post by SSJ_Vejita » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:01 am

But there are more series of Megaman out there right!? I believe doesn't have many games, but also many series.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:47 pm

I'm not too entirely sure, but the music used was from the syndicated American-made Megaman cartoon series.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

SSJ_Vejita

Post by SSJ_Vejita » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:39 am

Well, if it's American made, I don't think there is a Soundtrack either.

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:31 am

There was a German soundtrack CD of the show. Although on the CD were only a few cheap remixes of the intro theme as far as I know. :?

SSJ_Vejita

Post by SSJ_Vejita » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:32 am

You mean the song where they only say Dragon Ball about 20 times?

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:20 pm

I meant the Megaman show. There was a soundtrack CD (released in Germany and now out of print). But I don't think that it contains the BGMs.

spikemcruffy
Beyond Newbie

Post by spikemcruffy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:00 am

j
Last edited by spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spikemcruffy
Beyond Newbie

Post by spikemcruffy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:11 am

j
Last edited by spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ_Vejita

Post by SSJ_Vejita » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:12 am

Well, in The Netherlands the Ocean dub was also showed so I too am familiar with the terrible music :x
But some themes where kinda catchy. I don't really remember because it's been a long time since a last saw a dub.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:38 pm

There is a MegaMan (animated series) soundtrack, but none of the songs have anything to do with the series. Except maybe the intro.

(Amazon Link)

Hey, its a dollar! :lol:

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:14 pm

I agree with there being many catchy tunes in Ocean's dub. Many Funi fans could just be basing their opinions and a few pieces they heard while watching a few episodes, but I did watch literally all of the Ocean episodes, and whilst hearing loads of annoying tunes, there was many that I still remember in my head and relate to certain scenes I liked!

I do prefer the episode title music in Ocean's dub more than Funi's. In the end it's all down to musical prefference, so we can definately all have different opinions, and is one reason why I do not get angry when people say they prefer Funi's music to the Original's.

Funimations music is composed a lot better, but I started on Ocean's dub and got used to many of the tunes, when I watched Funi's after it seemed like a completely different anime.

The Japanese BGM is easily the best.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:28 pm

Is the European Ocean dub of DBZ done by the same company that produced the Megaman TV series? Or is it possible that the DBZ company bought the rights to use the music from Megaman in the show?

Please let me know, as this would relieve a lot of stress on me (I know that sounds weird, but I'd have to go into a big long explanation... suffice it to say, I yearn to be an animation producer, and a lot of the music from shows that I grew up on would be PERFECT for the shows I have in mind. I just want to know if it's a generally-accepted thing, to use music from one cartoon in an entirely different one, if done legally).
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:01 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:Is the European Ocean dub of DBZ done by the same company that produced the Megaman TV series? Or is it possible that the DBZ company bought the rights to use the music from Megaman in the show?
Ocean did the voices for the old Megaman cartoon (and also Megaman NT Warrior). Although this doesn't automatically mean Ocean had produced the BGM for this show (if I remember correctly, the show was produced by Ruby Spears). Also the DBZ Ocean dub has tracks from the Monster Rancher dub and - as far as I know - parts from the original Japanese BGM.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:32 pm

Timo wrote:
kenisu3000 wrote:Is the European Ocean dub of DBZ done by the same company that produced the Megaman TV series? Or is it possible that the DBZ company bought the rights to use the music from Megaman in the show?
Ocean did the voices for the old Megaman cartoon (and also Megaman NT Warrior). Although this doesn't automatically mean Ocean had produced the BGM for this show (if I remember correctly, the show was produced by Ruby Spears). Also the DBZ Ocean dub has tracks from the Monster Rancher dub and - as far as I know - parts from the original Japanese BGM.
Ah, thanks. The curiosity was just killing me.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

SSJ_Vejita

Post by SSJ_Vejita » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:29 pm

I don't recall hearing Japanese BGM on the Ocean dub :?
Just the same pieces of music over and over every single episode. But again, I can't really remember how they sounded but I do recall that some pieces where better than the FUNi one.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:48 pm

There was no Japanese BGM in Ocean's dub.

Unless you're talking about the movies they dubbed, in which they did use the entire Japanese soundtrack.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:42 am

Sorry for the false information. Someone told me there were a few tracks from the original BGM in the last episodes.

SSJ_Vejita

Post by SSJ_Vejita » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:19 pm

Unless you're talking about the movies they dubbed, in which they did use the entire Japanese soundtrack
No, the Dutch company called Bridge Entertainment did the dub for the DBZ Movies.