Are Goku Black and Future Zamasu gay?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Are Goku Black and Future Zamasu gay?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:24 am

Or just really fruity?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Re: Are Goku Black and Future Zamasu gay?

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:32 am

I don't see how this is relevant, anyways, Zamas is a Shin-jin, he's born from a fruit.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:34 am

He'd be gay for himself then. Because they are both the same person.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:36 am

Nah, he's just a big narcissist.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:46 am

If you're talking about, "happy," then I'd say Goku Black was happy and Zamasu was not. Although they are the same person, I found that their sentiments, as expressed on screen, to be somewhat diametrically opposed.

If you mean, "homosexual," then I don't really see how that's any of our business unless it directly plays into the plot somehow.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:27 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Or just really fruity?
Of course he is fruity!
He is a fruit :lol:

He could very well be..
I see it as he can relate to no one else only himself this only close person he can get twisted with is himself and so we get this
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:40 am

Only for themselves ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Uh, serious answer? I doubt Toriyama/Toei actually intended for them to be gay, but the anime certainly didn't discourage anyone from thinking that (I mean, that hug lasted waaaay too long to not be ship-baiting, right? Plus the Bulma hitting on Zamasu scene was similar enough to her hitting on Blue that it's hard not to draw the same conclusion...though granted, he could have been repulsed just because a human was touching him, female or not). Of course, out-of-universe information tells us the Kaioushin are genderless/asexual, but they could still have a romance without ever doing the deed. They know how important it is to love yourself, more than anyone else!

So my conclusion is, no, they're not supposed to be, but there was just enough queer-baiting that we can draw that conclusion if we choose. Which is pretty much an invitation for a certain type of fan like me to start shipping the hell out of it! :wink:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:00 am

sailorspazz wrote:I doubt Toriyama/Toei actually intended for them to be gay, but the anime certainly didn't discourage anyone from thinking that (I mean, that hug lasted waaaay too long to not be ship-baiting, right? Plus the Bulma hitting on Zamasu scene was similar enough to her hitting on Blue that it's hard not to draw the same conclusion...though granted, he could have been repulsed just because a human was touching him, female or not).
That's the art of baiting; there always has to be some kind of plausible deniability. But the reference to Blue was pretty obvious, and it went along with the love nest in the mountains and the hug to paint a pretty clear picture of ardent self-love. (And Goku-obsession. The two work together in this case.)

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:31 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Or just really fruity?
Yes. Fruity. :lol:

I think they classify as autosexual, actually. Which means they're attracted to themselves (and since they're the same person, that extends to them being attracted to each other).
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:41 am

Terez wrote:That's the art of baiting; there always has to be some kind of plausible deniability.
:think: ... *google* ... :shock:
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:52 am

I heard that Kaioushin are supposed to be asexual but what about the perverted Old Kaioushin? Did that come from the witch somehow?
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:54 am

They're usually asexual but I think Black could potentially develop sexual urges. He get a lot of Saiyan & Goku qualities by just being in his body so I think him getting a sex drive is pretty plausible for him, at least.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:26 pm

There's no in-universe answer to that question, but it doesn't matter one way or the other.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:32 pm

Nope, are you gay for masturbating? Zamasu and Black are the same people with same thoughts
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Don't you actually love yourself?
They're the same person!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:01 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:They're usually asexual but I think Black could potentially develop sexual urges. He get a lot of Saiyan & Goku qualities by just being in his body so I think him getting a sex drive is pretty plausible for him, at least.
Goku having a sex drive and urges is pretty debatable.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:They're usually asexual but I think Black could potentially develop sexual urges. He get a lot of Saiyan & Goku qualities by just being in his body so I think him getting a sex drive is pretty plausible for him, at least.
Goku having a sex drive and urges is pretty debatable.
But can really imagine Goku being as stiff as board while Chi Chi is on top of him? Or in any other position? It would be like having sex with a mannequin. Goku must have some kind of reaction when Chi Chi decides get horny. I mean, he's an alien, but not that alien.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:40 pm

Zamasu loves himself, and they are technically different people; but also the same. :eh:
Some weird stuff was going on in that Cabin. It's very fair to call them soul-mates ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They shoulda' went further with it, just because it would have been fun to see that play out.
Felt like they were throwing hints, but none of them really stuck or were substantial.
Last edited by Yomi on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:clap:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Someone hugging his alternate timeline self doesn't make him gay.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:11 pm

sintzu wrote:Someone hugging his alternate timeline self doesn't make him gay.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
:clap: