[Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?

Post by Freeza9000 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:21 am

Looks like my prediction of Black being some Kaioshin was right. You know, the earrings....

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:16 am

ekrolo2 wrote:I (unfortunately) predict it would go off the rails :P
If Dragon Ball stays on the rails, is it truly Dragon Ball?

Beginning: "In three years, two androids will arrive more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

"Okay! We'll train and fight them!"

Ending: Everyone is being beaten by seven small bug men while Super Saiyan Gohan freaks out in a wasteland.

Beginning: "There's a mystery at the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai!"

Ending: Goku and Vegeta are on a planet with hundreds of moons along with Mr. Satan and two pink blob creatures.

Beginning: "We have to collect all the Dragon Balla from space in one year or Earth will explode? Here we go!"

Ending: Pink-furred adult Goku is fighting a giant golden ape on a pink-skied planet with Earth in the background; Bulma is evil.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:13 am

Thank god the, "Goku Black is Goten" theory never happened. I mean I don't know how the hell that came around. Why would an adult Goten, even if he was evil, introduce himself as Son Goku, anyway?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Cipher wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I (unfortunately) predict it would go off the rails :P
If Dragon Ball stays on the rails, is it truly Dragon Ball?

Beginning: "In three years, two androids will arrive more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

"Okay! We'll train and fight them!"

Ending: Everyone is being beaten by seven small bug men while Super Saiyan Gohan freaks out in a wasteland.

Beginning: "There's a mystery at the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai!"

Ending: Goku and Vegeta are on a planet with hundreds of moons along with Mr. Satan and two pink blob creatures.

Beginning: "We have to collect all the Dragon Balla from space in one year or Earth will explode? Here we go!"

Ending: Pink-furred adult Goku is fighting a giant golden ape on a pink-skied planet with Earth in the background; Bulma is evil.
That's what I love (and kinda hate) about Dragon Ball. The narrative never remains consistent. They set up one thing in one scenario, only to do something completely out of left field in the next scenario.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: That's what I love (and kinda hate) about Dragon Ball. The narrative never remains consistent. They set up one thing in one scenario, only to do something completely out of left field in the next scenario.
And the Future Trunks Saga has to be the most left field of them all:

Beginning: There is an evil Goku terrorizing the future.

"We're go to the future and stop him!"

Ending: The entire timeline is destroyed by a Window ME screensaver and a toy god.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:26 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: That's what I love (and kinda hate) about Dragon Ball. The narrative never remains consistent. They set up one thing in one scenario, only to do something completely out of left field in the next scenario.

Ending: The entire timeline is destroyed by a Window ME screensaver and a toy god.
The Future Trunks arc has to go down as the most unpredictable arc ever. The ending especially caught everyone off guard. I can only imagine how it much have felt watching the Saiyan arc for the time for fans in Japan and learning that Goku is an alien, Goku getting killed, Vegeta surviving and the Dragon Balls ceasing to exist. All of the drama that happened in that arc must have sent the fanbase into a frenzy, and now we kinda know how they felt back then. :lol:

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:22 pm

HeroR wrote:

More like:
Beginning: Krilin and Piccolo harvest cabbages.
"Where is Goten??"
Ending: Trunks from the future and an adult Mai go seek for a place in time where to live. Gods bye bye them and have many regrets.

Anyway that's very fun! It could inspire a video meme series :clap:
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:43 pm

Beginning: Goku looks for the 4 star ball.
"What's with these Red Ribbon jerks wanting the balls?"
Ending: To get the last Dragon Ball, Goku had to defeat the villains from the first saga.

Beginning: 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai
"Tien, you are better than you think you are!"
Ending: Krillin is dead. "The Demon Clan was here."
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:11 am

Isn't that a good thing? One reason the series is so fun to watch is the beginning of a saga is totally different than the end of a saga. There's so many twists and turns.

If things were just straight forward, an example being plots of most of the movies...it would be a lot more dull.