Was Episode 52 the most emotional episode for you?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Was Episode 52 the most emotional episode for you?

Post by Angelus » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:24 am

Just something about that episode, seeing Future Trunks see how happy Gohan was with family life and all that

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Was Episode 52 the most emotional episode for you?

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:51 am

Definitely was. You really get that feeling when Trunks is thinking about what his time would be like without Black. It makes you realize that he really took everything away from him.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:00 pm

I'd say it was the worst episode in the whole saga.
I was really hoping to see something touching, nostalgic, emotional in this episode. Something deep maybe. Some development in Gohan and Trunks friendship. Some kind of reconcile of both protagonist. But instead, we got some really silly episode, with idiotic Gohan who didn't even asked why Trunks was even there. They didn't even talk seriously.
I think that their last scene from ep.67 is 100x times better than the whole 52nd episode.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:27 pm

I preferred the moments in 67 and 50 (vegeta saying everything will be okay to trunks).
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:24 pm

This episode is just painful to watch now after how the arc ended, :C Trunks was so decided into bringing happiness to his world. This is amazing actually, Future Trunks Arc in Super is an arc that evokes a different feeling when you know the ending and watch it again.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Doesn't hold a candle to 67.
Black_Liger wrote:This episode is just painful to watch now after how the arc ended, :C Trunks was so decided into bringing happiness to his world. This is amazing actually, Future Trunks Arc in Super is an arc that evokes a different feeling when you know the ending and watch it again.
Yeah; I'm actually interested in rewatching it in the near future. It's certainly going to feel different, and more engaging, knowing how it ends.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:08 am

Nah. That honour belongs to Episode 67. That's the first time I've cried while watching Dragon Ball. In actuality though, that episode just makes Episode 52 all the more heartbreaking and kinda difficult to watch.