Why did Future Zamasu turn full-on evil?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Why did Future Zamasu turn full-on evil?

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Recall the circumstances. Zamasu was very, very shocked when he saw Gowasu dead. Black merely told him "Hey, come eradicate all mortals with me." And he joined him.

Why? Did he not feel remorse or guilt? How could he join the man who killed his mentor without a second thought?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Why did Future Zamasu turn full-on evil?

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:21 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Recall the circumstances. Zamasu was very, very shocked when he saw Gowasu dead. Black merely told him "Hey, come eradicate all mortals with me." And he joined him.

Why? Did he not feel remorse or guilt? How could he join the man who killed his mentor without a second thought?
Because once he realized who Black was, he realized what kind of person he'd turn out to be in the future and was satisfied. Keep in mind, by this point Zamasu had already made up his mind to execute the Zero Mortal Plan.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:30 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Recall the circumstances. Zamasu was very, very shocked when he saw Gowasu dead. Black merely told him "Hey, come eradicate all mortals with me." And he joined him.

Because once he realized who Black was, he realized what kind of person he'd turn out to be in the future and was satisfied. Keep in mind, by this point Zamasu had already made up his mind to execute the Zero Mortal Plan.
Future? Black was from the past.

I hate Future Zamasu because he's proof that Zamasu was not only a dick from the start, but that, contrary to what some people believe, it was solely Goku's existence that pushed Present Zamasu over the edge, not the barbarians or anything else. There was no real transition with this character.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:34 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:

Future? Black was from the past.

I hate Future Zamasu because he's proof that Zamasu was not only a dick from the start, but that, contrary to what some people believe, it was solely Goku's existence that pushed Present Zamasu over the edge, not the barbarians or anything else. There was no real transition with this character.
Future as in relative Future. Like when Trunks showed up back in the past it was 3 years in the future, though for him it was around 17 years in the past.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Because he thought "this guy is me and I cannot be wrong...also that body he's in his hot as hell :oops: "

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Because why would he judge himself when a literal manifestation of his inner beliefs and true personality was right in front of him and had pretty much spelled out what he had planned to do?

It's like looking into a mirror but instead of seeing reflection you see a version of yourself that deep down you believe you will turn into. And instead of turning away from that realisation, you embrace it because you know it's the truth. And what the point of avoiding what even you think is your real personality?