First Time AMV

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

veshira
Regular

First Time AMV

Post by veshira » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:22 am

You know, it's really hard trying to make "My First AMV" sound original when very similar titles are shown on the same page. :(

Anyway, I made my first AMV today after I figured out how wonderful (yet very, very simple) Windows Movie Maker is. However, the only footage used is from DBZ Budokai 3's opening, which was the only thing I had to work with since I don't have equipment to rip video from dvds or vhss yet, and I had realized I downloaded the European opening from daizex.com. (I also had a bunch of already made AMVs hanging around, but that would be both rude and. . . um, bad to use already cut video footage from someone else's video, so I left the AMVs alone. :? ) I gave daizex.com credit for hosting the footage I downloaded, since it's a source, unlike my brother's DBZ Budokai 3 which I can't upload video from yet. :x

Since I only used footage from DBZ Budokai 3, and due to my n00bish skills at AMV creating (although I did practice with the program before making this video, with random Sailor Star clips I found floating around my computer :shock: ) I give you my 1:18 minute long video!

I hate how everything is so blocky on YouTube. Sorry, I didn't think anyone would bother downloading it if I uploaded it to AMV.org. ^^;

[edit - after smashing head into wall] I can't believe after all that I forgot the link. :shock: Thanks Steven Perry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itd1pmBkUQw
Last edited by veshira on Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:08 am

:shock: Not bad! I enjoyed the part when Frieza and Goku collide, and it's like "one two three four!" :D Quite surprising, I must say.

The ending credits looks strikingly familiar to Meri's set-up. :lol:
Last edited by Steven Perry on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:55 am

I just spent a chunk of time trying to upload the video I made onto AMV, only to find out it runs on FTP. :( Well, it looks like the video's only available at YouTube for now. (Oh, and the link can now be found in the topic's main post. :oops: )

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:02 pm

Well, it's not great... but it's a start...
I also go by "veemonjosh".

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:30 pm

I think you should go back to re- edit, so the Z- fighters emerge out of the clouds as the singer goes "one two three four!" It's quite a coincidence that there's four flying, isn't it? Now's your chance to make it look cooler! :o

Or, when the singer goes "one two three four" (0:13) have the scene where the guys are flying towards your face (0:22) instead of them appearing from the clouds. That would mean cutting out some parts of the footage and replacing it. You'd also have to speed up the footage, to make it go in accordance to the speech.

When the singer starts to sing (0:18), that's when you should introduce the clip of Vegeta fighting Cooler (not before it).

EDIT: Help! I can't get rid of that "Cool" emoticon!
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:35 pm

Steven Perry wrote:The ending credits looks strikingly familiar to Meri's set-up. :lol:
Really, wow. And her videos weren't among the ones I did look at to figure what should be in the credits. I do have some of her old ones on my computer, though, as well as Doomrider. :lol:

I'm going to mess with the video a bit, take your ideas and see what I can make with it all. Oh, and don't worry about the 8) - I know you were trying to put an 8. The key is to put a space in between the 8 and the ), or at least I think that should work.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:05 pm

My only problem with it is the Budokai logo that pops up. Other than that, pretty nice for a simple video.