It's moments like this...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Its moments like this...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:49 pm

sintzu wrote:Its moments like these...

https://youtu.be/KIFK-XI4W_U?t=195

https://youtu.be/tQPX9ql63kw?t=194

https://youtu.be/cAY_dUHsXhM?t=142

That let you know Super can be as good as Z.
Good grief. The animation on the third link with Golden Freeza has just terrible animation, especially at 2:22
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Nano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nano » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:21 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:It's fun to see newbies coming from youtube, in the hope the great kanzenshuu was all a flame war, while instead there are overall good opinions about the show XD.
That's the problem here. Over 9000% of you actually believe Super is good. Some even go as far as to call it great.

Super is ass. When it's finally done it's safe to say we will all agree on GT being better. Lol jus messin

And stop assuming I'm a newbie just because of a title.
I love Dragon Ball so much that I'm constantly complaining about how horrible Super is.

Black Goku / Future Trunks saga... was/is garbage.

Top 5 Favorite DBS Characters = Beerus, Whis, still waiting on the last 3 lol...

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:54 pm

Nano wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:It's fun to see newbies coming from youtube, in the hope the great kanzenshuu was all a flame war, while instead there are overall good opinions about the show XD.
That's the problem here. Over 9000% of you actually believe Super is good. Some even go as far as to call it great.

Super is ass. When it's finally done it's safe to say we will all agree on GT being better. Lol jus messin

Maybe you should stop posting in the "dragon ball super" part of the forum. This doesn't really seem like a "misery loves company" place. Can't go to Reddit either because they love super. I'd recommend staying in the cesspool that is the youtube comment section

Nano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nano » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Abra kadabra wrote:
Nano wrote:

Maybe you should stop posting in the "dragon ball super" part of the forum. This doesn't really seem like a "misery loves company" place. Can't go to Reddit either because they love super. I'd recommend staying in the cesspool that is the youtube comment section
Lol. I know its not a misery loves company place. Its a "there's nothing wrong with Super. Omg its the best. Let's bash anyone dislikes Super" place.

And that's why I post. Super is shit. When you open your mind you might it for what it is.
I love Dragon Ball so much that I'm constantly complaining about how horrible Super is.

Black Goku / Future Trunks saga... was/is garbage.

Top 5 Favorite DBS Characters = Beerus, Whis, still waiting on the last 3 lol...

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:23 pm

Alee9977 wrote:Supre will never be like Z, it could be better or worst but never will be like Z.
I fully expect the next arc to make up for the rest of Super.

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: It's moments like this...

Post by Avok » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:36 pm

It's the little details that make those old clips great. People talk about animation all the time and I enjoy moments were the animation is good but the old scenes have more strenght and weight.

The small pauses and close-ups, the characters' expressions, that's where it's at.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Super isnt Z, just like how DB isnt Z.

IMO Super would be perfect were it not for the inconsistent power scaling. I can get passed the bad animation, since Z had plenty of those. But the power scaling, just makes my head hurt when i watch. There is no sense of power in Super. Anyone and their mother can be come god level in the anime...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Nano wrote:That's the problem here. Over 9000% of you actually believe Super is good. Some even go as far as to call it great.
Fans thinking it's good doesn't mean they think it doesn't have problems.

I think Super is overall good yet I'm always complaining about it and pointing out its flaws and so are other fans who like it.
buutenks wrote:Super would be perfect were it not for the inconsistent power scaling.
It also has issues with its pacing and flow of events.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Nano wrote:
Abra kadabra wrote:
Nano wrote: That's the problem here. Over 9000% of you actually believe Super is good. Some even go as far as to call it great.

Lol. I know its not a misery loves company place. Its a "there's nothing wrong with Super. Omg its the best. Let's bash anyone dislikes Super" place.

And that's why I post. Super is shit. When you open your mind you might it for what it is.

I haven't seen many people with the "Bash anyone who doesn't like super" mentality. Here or on the reddit. So I'm not entirely sure where you're seeing that. In fact I've seen plenty of acknowledgement for Supers problems. Even by those who like it.

And open Our minds? Are you implying those of us who enjoy super are blindly doing so?
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:54 pm

sintzu wrote:
Nano wrote:That's the problem here. Over 9000% of you actually believe Super is good. Some even go as far as to call it great.
Fans thinking it's good doesn't mean they think it doesn't have problems.

I think Super is overall good yet I'm always complaining about it and pointing out its flaws and so are other fans who like it.
Well, i also thought Super was good, till i had my head cleared of nostalgia and realised it isnt that great. It had cool moments, but most of it is just boring stuff and pointless. Plus those cool moments introduced more problems. And i think the way the anime is going, the power scaling and so forth will only get worse and worse. Since i am sure in the upcoming arc, every fight will somehow be above ssg just because they fought the base saiyans. WHich means so will android 17, Buu, Gohan, Piccolo(again) and so forth.
It also has issues with its pacing and flow of events.
Dont tell me the pacing is to slow. :lol: But ye, allot of useless stuff happened in the Future Trunks arc just to make it longer.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:09 pm

buutenks wrote:Dont tell me the pacing is to slow. :lol: But ye, allot of useless stuff happened in the Future Trunks arc just to make it longer.
Sometimes it's too fast, sometimes it's too slow & sometimes it's just right so it's all over the place which shouldn't be the case cause they have the full story so they should be able to pace it just right.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:15 pm

sintzu wrote:
buutenks wrote:Dont tell me the pacing is to slow. :lol: But ye, allot of useless stuff happened in the Future Trunks arc just to make it longer.
Sometimes it's too fast, sometimes it's too slow & sometimes it's just right so it's all over the place which shouldn't be the case cause they have the full story so they should be able to pace it just right.
Goku and Vegeta getting their ass kicked, going back to the past, and repeating the same process a few times became a bit too redundant, that's for sure.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:18 pm

omaro34 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Goku and Vegeta getting their ass kicked, going back to the past, and repeating the same process a few times became a bit too redundant, that's for sure.
They repeated it once, not a few times. Twice if you count Trunks's initial return.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:32 am

Nano wrote:Lol. I know its not a misery loves company place. Its a "there's nothing wrong with Super. Omg its the best. Let's bash anyone dislikes Super" place.
You don't have to like Super. Plenty of other posters on the board share that opinion with you. However, unlike the majority of your recent post history, they manage to voice their opinions without being disrespectful to their fellow members. I suggest you review the forum's rules, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registering, and find a way to converse in a civil and respectful manner if you prefer to stick around. Otherwise, you're welcome to find another community.

This is your only free warning. Further posts maintains this attitude will result in account strikes being issued, which can and do add up to sitewide bans (temporary or permanent).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:58 am

While I don't think any of Super's arcs are as good as DBZ's arcs, I still really enjoy Super and I still can't believe we have a new Dragonball show in the year 2016. Keep the arcs coming.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:25 am

For me Z has lost something after the frieza saga the Cell and Boo saga was good but not a masterpiece as people think it is...Super is different storywise
and feels much bigger than Z so i would not compare them when than actionwise

kayojin

Post by kayojin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:49 am

to be fair, f. trunks's arrival is arguably the 'coolest' segment in all of DBZ

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:56 am

You've got Bruce Faulconer to thank for that. The almighty composer GOD!!!

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:43 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:You've got Bruce Faulconer to thank for that. The almighty composer GOD!!!
You did know that most of "his" tracks were ghost written for him ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸