Piccolo's Theme

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Iyouboushi
Not-So-Newbie

Piccolo's Theme

Post by Iyouboushi » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:01 pm

So I finally found a copy of the 5 disc set and I was listening to it, bringing back all sorts of great memories from my interest with this series. And while I was enjoying it I thought "wow, I haven't heard Piccolo's theme [the BG music] yet.." so I keep listening and listening and, shockingly, it's not on there. This kind of upset me as I rather enjoyed that theme (or at least I seem to recall enjoying it).

Does anyone know the title of said theme? And which CDs it appeared on?

All I know, as for which one I'm referring to, is that it played after he fused with Kami in the Cell saga. It's been a really long time since I've seen the episodes, so I don't remember which # it was or anything like that. X_X

But I'd really like to know what the title of it is though.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:48 pm

http://www.daizex.com/misc_stuff/piccolo_post-fuse.mp3

From what I remember, the particular piece of music you're looking can not be found on the 5 CD set. I'm sure kenisu will pop up at some point and let us know if it's on the more recent "BGM Collection" 3 CD set (too busy to listen for myself at the moment), but I'm inclined to think it's not (they didn't throw us much of a bone with that set).

There are plenty of other variations on Piccolo's theme throughout the 5 CD set, though (check out the DBZ movie music... movie 1, in particular).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:54 pm

...And pop up I did :)
Yeah, it's on the BGM Collection: according to my notes, it's on disc 1, track 11; and it's the second piece on the track.
As for the name, it doesn't seem to have any official name (other than its database number, M711), but I personally refer to it as "Piccolo's Bell Theme". If you want it bad enough, you can get the BGM Collection, but if you've just recently bought the 5-disc set, you should be warned that there are only 60-some pieces on it that the 5-disc set doesn't have, unless you're absolutely crazy for the music like me and are willing to shell out some $40 (which is actually quite cheap) for those extra pieces.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Iyouboushi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Iyouboushi » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:38 pm

Thanks guys. And yeah, that's definitely the one I remember. It's good to hear that again (one of these days I should rewatch the series).

Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to, I don't really have another $40 for that CD set. Maybe in a few months.
"Words! I need more words! My grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe the violent-wretching nausia your singing is causing me to experience!"
[url=http://iyou.cyberbotx.com]My Website[/url] :: [url=http://iyouboushi.netfirms.com/rk/kenshinfaq.html]The Ultimate RK FAQ[/url]