How fast is Beerus?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

How fast is Beerus?

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:00 pm

I was watching the English dub of Episode 2, and while Whis was out looking for the dinosaur meat, Beerus was alone back on his planet which is presumably millions of miles away. Then when it was taking him so long, (like 2 mins) Beerus just shows up? He's done this several times, but it was stated that Whis is the fastest "flyer" in the universe. So how the heck did Beerus get to that planet so damn fast? Did he teleport? It doesn't appear he flies, but I'm under the impression that he doesn't go to a lot of places without Whis. So what does everyone else think? It appears he's not limited to traveling with Whis, even though that's what I thought.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Re: How fast is Beerus?

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:05 am

He flew there.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:14 am

He clearly flew there because he got tired of waiting for Whis which would make him FTL

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:09 am

Very..
The answer is very..

If we don't know the upper limits of Berrus's strength so we don't know what his speed is, it can be changed as the plot moves forward..
We know this much, he is slower than whis, and seeing as how is the second strongest in the universe outside whis, it's safe to say he the the fastest in the universe besides whis
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 am

In my opinion the "stick travel" is not faster than Beerus or Champa. It is just a way to avoid flying. You can sit there and have someone transfer you to any location.
That doesn't mean that these 2 can't surpass the "stick travel" speed.
It's the same thing with taking a bus and walking to school. Maybe you are fast and you might be able to reach to school faster than the bus but sometime you prefer to be lazy.
In general both Champa and Beerus share the "lazyness trait". They avoid doing anything if it's not mandatory.
If I had to guess then "stick travel" is not Whis' fastest. It is just a way to fly fast with a person on your back.
To end my comment "how fast is Beerus?" as fast as the plot demands. He can be 1000 times the speed of light.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:45 am

Thanks guys for answering my question. I personally believe he teleported there. No way he "flew" in that short amount of time, but I liked your responses.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:24 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Thanks guys for answering my question. I personally believe he teleported there. No way he "flew" in that short amount of time, but I liked your responses.
Silver Surfer can fly one end of the universe to another within a minute, why can't Beerus be that fast? I think you're not familiar with many fictional characters. The Flash went to moon in a planck time (10^-43 second)
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Faster than Goku but slower than Whis.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Cipher wrote:Faster than Goku but slower than Whis.
You just made me see Dragonball in a whole new way
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Cipher wrote:Faster than Goku but slower than Whis.

So he's no 2...both in strength and speed!!

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:56 pm

When Beerus showed up, Whis said that only 2mins and 20 seconds (i.e. 140 seconds) passed since he was given the task and that he had 40 seconds left. Given Whis’ confidence that he could complete the task within the given 3 minutes (180 seconds) it means that he could fly that distance back in under 40 seconds. So he just didn't fly at full speed beforehand. So:
0s: Whis receives the order and leaves Beerus' planet
55s: Beerus starts looking for Whis
60s: Whis comments that he still has 2mins left. Presumably at this point Beerus leaves his planet to find Whis
70s: Whis appears to confront that guy on the Dinosaur planet
70s-140s: Whis talks to that guy
140s: Beerus appears
180s: Whis could have travelled back to Beerus’ planet with the dinosaur meat on time.
So since Whis could have travelled that distance if he needed to in (under) 40seconds and Beerus travelled that distance in (at most) 80 seconds, it means that Beerus is half as fast as Whis. Of course you can argue that Whis could travel that distance even faster if he needed to, say in only 10 seconds. Also one can argue that Beerus didn't leave his planet after just 60 seconds but at any other point before the 140s mark and thus he travelled that distance in a shorter time than 80 seconds. Anyway without making any assumptions and based on that ('filler') episode alone it appears that Beerus is within the same order of magnitude as fast as Whis. Probably 2x slower as calculated above but in any case not slower than 10x.

Now the question how fast is Whis. Well that is tricky but apparently Beerus' planet is in the non-observable universe. In RoF Whis said he would need 35minutes to go to earth (although later in episode 69 he did the distance in 2 seconds). Anyway if we assume that Beerus' planet is just a little beyond the edge of the observable universe at say 50 billion light yeas away from earth, Whis' travelling speed is at least 750 trillion x the speed of light. Based on episode 69 that goes to 1 quintillion x the speed of light!

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:20 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Thanks guys for answering my question. I personally believe he teleported there. No way he "flew" in that short amount of time, but I liked your responses.
when did any1 show or even implied beerus can teleport.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:36 pm

As DBA Cell once said........."Enough".

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:52 pm

I dont think Beerus can teleport, the Gods of Destruction clearly have a lot of limitations placed on them compared to kaioshin, which is understandable since they wield the power to destroy a universe.

Beerus himself sleeps for hundreds of years at a time, I would not be surprised if the other GoD have similar enforced restrictions unique to them. While Whis's role is technically servant and teacher he's also a fail safe for Beerus, Beerus cannot put one toe out of line without Whis stopping him or undoing it. If Beerus could teleport he could not need Whis to take him anywhere, this is another limitation. If a GoD had the kaioshin's power to go anywhere they wished their Angel would have no way of pinning them down long enough to stop them from causing great harm to the universe, so they are simply not given it. They also do not have the kaioshin's ability to see whats going on in the universe a will, once again they need their angel to tell them. Topping of this list of fail safes, the GoD's life is tied to the kaioshin, if they all die then the GoD goes with them and their angel gets set to stand-by mode.

What you have to realize is Beerus, Champa and their rest are basically living weapons of omni-destruction who can cause untold damage if let loose without restriction. Think of Beerus a walking nuke (a rather apt description) and Whis is his Primary Technician who keeps him functioning, safe & sound and makes sure he doesn't go off when he's not supposed to.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Beerus speed was never defined. However, to truly answer your question, yes, Beerus will pass gas and vaporize every inkling of superman and all of the justice league with the help of Darkseid and the green lantern core and even with stan lee coming in to guess write for DC universes side. He can do nothing but bow down to Toriyama's god of destruction. :)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:34 am

One of the fastest.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:08 pm

Byrus the god of distraction.

I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:18 am

What in God's Green Earth is that?

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:43 pm

MagmonKai wrote:What in God's Green Earth is that?
Serious reply.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sanic-hegehog
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.