Relience on audience's knowledge?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MajinMetroid
Not-So-Newbie

Relience on audience's knowledge?

Post by MajinMetroid » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:35 pm

Plugging away at my first AMV and it's going pretty good but I find myself having to sacrifice story in order to get the drama and visuals and song to all BANG the way I want, if you know what I mean. I'm only focusing on one character's journey for the most part. Is it safe to assume the audience can fill in the gaps, etc?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:01 pm

If you're not sure if someone's going to get it... show it to someone and see if they get it :). Getting feedback along the way of editing a video is a really great way to see things that you just simply CAN'T see as an editor. You KNOW what you're going for and what's going into it, but your viewer neither knows nor cares. Find a friend or family member who doesn't have a clue, and see if they "get it".
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::