"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:15 pm

https://twitter.com/Rooflemonger/status ... 4803652608

Rooflemonger says his sources say 20th April for GT Goku's release date, but can't completely confirm it yet.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:21 pm

That date makes no sense. V-Jump releases on the 21st, they are saving the secret level 3 to reveal on the magazine.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:11 pm

Pretty cool - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le3192wzDAY
If Videl can get two different models, I'm not seeing any reason why Base Goku/Vegeta can't have their winter jackets from DBS Broly Movie.

The ice continent stage would also be a welcome addition, because while the roster is getting bigger (even though with questionable choices), the game still lacks stages. They could release all of this with the last duo. DBS Broly and SSB Gogeta, and end this season DLC on a high note.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:43 pm Yay, nice to see Kid Goku also has his SSJ form, not just SSJ3. He gets better by the day!
But it irks me how GT characters don't have SSJ2 for some reason, Goku and Vegeta being the case.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:58 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:11 pm Pretty cool - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le3192wzDAY
If Videl can get two different models, I'm not seeing any reason why Base Goku/Vegeta can't have their winter jackets from DBS Broly Movie.

The ice continent stage would also be a welcome addition, because while the roster is getting bigger (even though with questionable choices), the game still lacks stages. They could release all of this with the last duo. DBS Broly and SSB Gogeta, and end this season DLC on a high note.
For the ice stage, it could be a surprise to go with Gogeta and Broly, it's something that's plausible if they have to add even just one stage a year.

But much as I'd like alternate costumes myself, I'm more pessimistic about their inclusions, because I believe they did Videl only because it was a minimal modification: it was just about creating another haircut for every "sprite", with the clothes being a simple recolor that gives the illusion of other clothes.

So it just proves that they can do alternate costumes IF they are simple hair/head swaps AND the whole body is nothing more than a recolor (with nothing new to create polygon-wise, shape-wise, especially since it would be for every single step of every move).
This excludes creating coats for example.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:16 am

Cold Skin wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:58 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:11 pm Pretty cool - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le3192wzDAY

For the ice stage, it could be a surprise to go with Gogeta and Broly, it's something that's plausible if they have to add even just one stage a year.

But much as I'd like alternate costumes myself, I'm more pessimistic about their inclusions, because I believe they did Videl only because it was a minimal modification: it was just about creating another haircut for every "sprite", with the clothes being a simple recolor that gives the illusion of other clothes.

So it just proves that they can do alternate costumes IF they are simple hair/head swaps AND the whole body is nothing more than a recolor (with nothing new to create polygon-wise, shape-wise, especially since it would be for every single step of every move).
This excludes creating coats for example.
Still, even with that limitation in mind they can give us:
-Goku with different gi's with different Kanji
-Halo's for characters
-Buu saga Vegeta would be doable I think

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:18 pm

^ As long as the Goku's other gi are the same kind than his usual, it would definately be easy since even changing the symbols would require a simple texture change. So if we don't venture de the DBS or end-of-Z costumes, those would be easy.
The same goes for halos, it would probably not be hard at all.

But I guess for those, they would consider it's such a small difference that it's not worth putting even the easiest efforts into it.

Vegeta's Boo costume would already be too much in their opinion I think, since removing even just the torso armor would require to remodel the polygons from an armor shape to a chest (and sleeve-less shirt) shape and redraw shadows accordingly for the hundred "sprites" or so.

I think the best bet for any alternate costume in the future is much like Videl: what costume could you add without changing the silhouette at all (which includes the current clothes) and just having to change the head/hair at most. And that's not easy to find aside from Videl, even "Boo arc" Vegeta would already require re-shaping polygons in some parts, and therefore shadows!

Safe bets:
- Kid Goku with his Path to Power costume (it's just a color swap).
- Gogeta with his Movie 12 costume (it's just a color swap, and the color swap could even include the hair and aura into regular Super Saiyan if they were a bit thoughtful, but that's a stretch since they didn't even do it for Vegetto).
... and that's all I can think of.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:51 am

Goku (GT) to Super Saiyan 4(Meteor Technique)

leaked from Vjump's newest issue (Source: Ryokutya)

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:43 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:51 am Goku (GT) to Super Saiyan 4(Meteor Technique)

leaked from Vjump's newest issue (Source: Ryokutya)
This day just got better for me

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:50 am

It turns out one more thing of the Meteo supernecessity of the hidden Son Goku (GT)

(Probably) "Dragon fist explosion" It is usually a descendant Goku rush technique It turns into super 4 when it comes out in a state where one of the allies is done alone. Golden dragon pierces the opponent
So Goku becomes a Super Saiyan 4 through the Dragon Fist technique once all of his allies are gone.

Cool.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:19 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:50 am
It turns out one more thing of the Meteo supernecessity of the hidden Son Goku (GT)

(Probably) "Dragon fist explosion" It is usually a descendant Goku rush technique It turns into super 4 when it comes out in a state where one of the allies is done alone. Golden dragon pierces the opponent
So Goku becomes a Super Saiyan 4 through the Dragon Fist technique once all of his allies are gone.

Cool.
So it's only for one attack?
If yes then it's pretty sad that they gave him 3 transformations, all of them only for ultimates.

Although official SSJ4 model means people will put it over one of adult Goku's as a mod and SSJ/SSJ3 kid Goku over base form as well.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:57 pm

Yeah, it's only for the Dragon Fist.

Character is supposed to be out in May.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:30 pm

Sweet, just in time for the end of my exam period.

Not surprised at SS4 not being an install. Happy that Dragon Fist is being included with it though, especially if it's the Dragon Fist Kamehameha he used on Omega.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:00 am

July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:18 am

I guess that fits with the theme of every Goku variant in this game having a transformation as a cinematic super. It's cool that we've got to the point where there are enough Gokus in this game that they all have a theme.

I dunno, as good as this game is, after playing stuff like Legends where I can get a 3-1 comeback on a female warriors team spearheaded by Ribrianne, or that Heroes game where I can get a Xenomorph Queen version of Cell, I'm finding it very hard to care about this game's character choices.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:51 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:57 pm Yeah, it's only for the Dragon Fist.

Have you got a source that confirms that? Going from the scan alone it's impossible to tell, unless you have a translation.

I feel like SS4 really should be an install rather than just a cinematic. It's obvious people want it and will likely be disappointed if it isn't. And if it's just a cinematic then they might be tempted to add SS4 Goku as a separate character further down the line, which would piss people off again.

Kogath

Post by Kogath » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:22 am

90sDBZ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:51 am
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:57 pm Yeah, it's only for the Dragon Fist.

Have you got a source that confirms that? Going from the scan alone it's impossible to tell, unless you have a translation.

I feel like SS4 really should be an install rather than just a cinematic. It's obvious people want it and will likely be disappointed if it isn't. And if it's just a cinematic then they might be tempted to add SS4 Goku as a separate character further down the line, which would piss people off again.
Says May 2019 right there.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:02 am

Kogath wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:22 am

I meant the part about SS4 not being an install. Where was that confirmed?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:06 am

90sDBZ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:02 am
Kogath wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:22 am

I meant the part about SS4 not being an install. Where was that confirmed?
It says there are two lvl3s, a SS4 Dragon Fist lvl3 happens when all your teammates are down. Nothing about it being an install.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:30 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:06 am It says there are two lvl3s, a SS4 Dragon Fist lvl3 happens when all your teammates are down. Nothing about it being an install.
I know you're probably right and it likely won't be an install, but there could still be a chance he remains in the form after the Dragon Fist. The scan doesn't confirm it but doesn't exactly deconfirm it either.

I'll admit it's wishful thinking on my part, but it just seems strange having it only be a cinematic when Goku spent loads of time in SS4 during the later half of GT. Having it as an install would also appease the fans who were disappointed with another Goku, because at least they'd have been getting two characters for the price of one.