Universe 7 warriors that could possibly be erased in the upcoming tournament?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheCharmCityKid

Universe 7 warriors that could possibly be erased in the upcoming tournament?

Post by TheCharmCityKid » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:12 am

Do you think any of the 10 members of U7 could possibly be eliminated especially early on? Also was master Roshi or Tien on the last episode of Dragonball Z? I was just thinking of characters we could possibly see die or erased between now and the retcon of the last episode of DBZ . Super is overdue for a serious death from Goku's timeline I don't really consider Piccolo's death in the Rof arc that big of a deal because he was brought back immediately.

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Re: Universe 7 warriors that could possibly be erased in the upcoming tournament?

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:26 am

17? I believe he is the only Universe 7 fighter to not appear at the end of Z.
Chances are that we are more likely to see serious deaths from Universe 6, my bet is that something awful will happen to Hit

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Universe 7 warriors that could possibly be erased in the upcoming tournament?

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:33 am

No chance of any of them being erased since EoZ makes everyone bullet proof. Even if 17 dies like some think he does, there's no way he isn't revived later with the Super DBs.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:48 am

ekrolo2 wrote:No chance of any of them being erased since EoZ makes everyone bullet proof. Even if 17 dies like some think he does, there's no way he isn't revived later with the Super DBs.
If someone dies he/she will be revived

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:23 am

Wasn't that a part of the fake leaks?

As it's been said, all members except 17 and Freeza are securef for the EoZ. They could also die and be revived with the super dragon balls. I think the wish will be used to restore all deleted universes and fighters. By Goku, I hope he wins.
Heno heno kappa!

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:32 am

I Hope Tenshinhan can be erased forever from the show since they made him a total useless weakling and didn't waste a single second with him in the recruitment arc, but, i confess that i also would love to see Frieza crush midget Kuririn's head with his bare hands. :D :D :D :D :D
I find funny how Vegeta fanboys are desperate to see Hitto defeated. It seems that they didn't like the beating he has received. :D :D :D

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:I Hope Tenshinhan can be erased forever from the show since they made him a total useless weakling and didn't waste a single second with him in the recruitment arc, but, i confess that i also would love to see Frieza crush midget Kuririn's head with his bare hands. :D :D :D :D :D
I find funny how Vegeta fanboys are desperate to see Hitto defeated. It seems that they didn't like the beating he has received. :D :D :D
What's with the hate against human characters?
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:49 pm

Why do people keep assuming the Super Dragon Balls can undo what Zeno does? Its a kids show so everything will work out...but it doesnt make logical sense.

They may be "limitless" in theory, but Id assume Zeno actually overrides them. Like if you wished to kill Zeno I doubt it would work or Zamasu would have started there.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:54 pm

omaro34 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:I Hope Tenshinhan can be erased forever from the show since they made him a total useless weakling and didn't waste a single second with him in the recruitment arc, but, i confess that i also would love to see Frieza crush midget Kuririn's head with his bare hands. :D :D :D :D :D
Is a 3-eyed being really a human? Is a Saiyan really a human? They are humanoid, but I wouldn't consider them a human..

I think someone's just salty and should calm down, AKA Shinda.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:12 pm

I would love it if Tien, Krillin and Roshi got erased for good, along with Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Oolong, Puar, (despite not participating :D ), and all the U6 Saiyans. None of those guys add any value to the show in my opinion, and in fact detract from it. Never liked any of them, except Tien vs. Semi-Perfect Cell.

In fact, the only people we've met so far that I really want to survive are Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, 17/18, Frieza, Jiren, Hit and Nigrisshi. Buu, Goten and Trunks can stay too, I guess. :D

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:48 pm

I could see this being Freeza's last stand.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:45 am

SSJ YUSUKE wrote:17? I believe he is the only Universe 7 fighter to not appear at the end of Z.
Chances are that we are more likely to see serious deaths from Universe 6, my bet is that something awful will happen to Hit
You know that's irrelevant right ? 17 doesn't hang with the main gang anyway and the ending will be different obviously.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:19 am

I don't think any of the possible deaths would stick. I very much doubt that at the end of the tournament most of team 7 would be standing as they will have to make the battle tense. Nothing tense about it if all of our fighters remain on the stage as the end approaches. BEaeacause of that there will probably only be a few U7 representatives left. If all who fell died permanently they would have to get rid of half of the cast for good. No way will they do that regardless of how much they use them.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:25 am

Honestly, it doesn't matter who dies. They'll be revived with the SDB anyway.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:43 am

omaro34 wrote:
Regarding Tenshinhan he is the Mr. Kikoho, that's the only thing he does, plus, they took Tayoken from him to give Kuririn a better version, finally the bald midget is a scared freak that makes me sick. :D :D :D All that screen-time to a bald midget without nose, give me a break.
avasatu wrote:I would love it if Tien, Krillin and Roshi got erased for good, along with Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Oolong, Puar, (despite not participating :D ), and all the U6 Saiyans. None of those guys add any value to the show in my opinion, and in fact detract from it. Never liked any of them, except Tien vs. Semi-Perfect Cell.

In fact, the only people we've met so far that I really want to survive are Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, 17/18, Frieza, Jiren, Hit and Nigrisshi. Buu, Goten and Trunks can stay too, I guess. :D
That would be awesome!

Envy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Envy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:26 pm

I wouldn't see anyone getting a perma-death. Just because 17 doesn't appear at the end of Z doesn't really mean anything. They've wrote him into Super in a way that once the tournament is over he can slip back onto his animal reservation island and not interact with the characters ever again.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:09 pm

No way is any of the cast biting the dust. Especially since with the story taking place before the manga ends, at which point, everybody is alive and well.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:20 pm

omaro34 wrote:
1. They made them useless by the end of DBZ.
2. They tried to make them relevant again training for the tournament of power
3. Multiple episodes were dedicated to pushing the idea that strategy can win over raw power, without actually showing us how it could work
4. Tien/Master Roshi episode made Tien, one of the most popular humans, seem incredibly weak, as did the tag team episode
5. When actual strategy is tested, the raw power wins out anyways (See Gohan/Goku tag team episode)
6. Krillin showing sparring with (reduced power) SSB Goku, when at this point a regular SSJ should probably be able to one shot Krillin and any of the humans.

So basically, they botched all attempts to make them useful again... which makes them even more annoying because now they're just taking up episode time. Don't get me wrong I like some of the human characters (Tien mostly, and yes I know he's not exactly human, but his power is around their levels), but they're messing up any and every opportunity to make them relevant again.

This is just my personal opinion but they need to give humans (including Tien) and Namekians a potential god form, which 1 or 2 of them may unlock late in the ToP. Similar to how mystic or potential is unlocked but just 'always' being in the god form, if they want to continue using them for the series (after ToP), only way they can be relevant power wise is to give them these boosts, otherwise it doesn't make much sense for them to be anywhere near SSB or even SS3 level. (Piccolo maybe, but he has still shown to cap out around SS2-3ish level)
Last edited by Zagacious on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:22 pm

What happens in filler episodes doesn't make the humans, "useless." Wait to see how they perform in the tournament.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:33 pm

precita wrote:What happens in filler episodes doesn't make the humans, "useless." Wait to see how they perform in the tournament.
So now they're fillers now that we're using it to estimate the power levels and relevancy of humans, but when everyone was criticizing saying the episodes were pointless fillers because nothing substantial was happening everyone was defending them saying they're not filler? You can't have it both ways