What's up with Tenshinhan this arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Akyon
Regular

Re: What's up with Tenshinhan this arc?

Post by Akyon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:05 am

It's worth noting I would have preferred Tenshinhan to also have got a straight up win against said Sniper prior to Frost eliminating him. The draw seemed weird since all Tenshinhan had to do was keep a clone on the stage and he'd technically still be in...
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:07 am

The thing is, Tenshinhan did have a way to retaliate against Frost. If Toyotaro recalled the training underwent back in the Daimao arc and shifted the course of the fighting a bit then maybe Tenshinhan could have achieved an unexpected upset victory. Freeza could have been left gawking in astonishment as he observes his alter-ego getting propelled out of the arena with a technique perpetrated by a lowly earthling whom he considered to be little else but unvaluable fodder.

Such a scene might have helped to shed some new light on what the earthlings are capable of and make others realise the worth they do have. If the author wanted to expand upon this and build Tenshinhan's own unique ancestral abilities then have him use the Shiyoken to try a dual Mafuba using his four arms and the multi-directional sight and dexterity of his third eye. I could see Tenshinhan making everyone from Universe 9 pause in amazement as two of their members are whisked away in green maelstroms of mystic energy towards the abyss below. After this point, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that he's severely drained himself and would be easy pickings for anyone looking for revenge, but in that process he would have proven his worth by taking out three competitors who were posing as difficulties to U7.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:28 am

Plague of Gripes talked about this

Japan Doesn't Like Tien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42HNvl0e26I

TLDW, he feels Toei has it against Tenshinhan, and points out every which way everyone who shouldn't have had a substantial power up, DID get one, except him. As for what happened in the manga, I'm fine with it. Tenshinhan got taken out by Frost before he had a chance to do anything, which is far better than what happened in the anime. Either use him right, or don't use him at all.

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Sponge » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:45 am

Lionel wrote:The thing is, Tenshinhan did have a way to retaliate against Frost. If Toyotaro recalled the training underwent back in the Daimao arc and shifted the course of the fighting a bit then maybe Tenshinhan could have achieved an unexpected upset victory. Freeza could have been left gawking in astonishment as he observes his alter-ego getting propelled out of the arena with a technique perpetrated by a lowly earthling whom he considered to be little else but unvaluable fodder.

Such a scene might have helped to shed some new light on what the earthlings are capable of and make others realise the worth they do have. If the author wanted to expand upon this and build Tenshinhan's own unique ancestral abilities then have him use the Shiyoken to try a duel Mafuba using his four arms and the multi-directional sight and dexterity of his third eye. I could see Tenshinhan making everyone from Universe 9 pause in amazement as two of their members are whisked away in green maelstroms of mystic energy towards the abyss below. After this point, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that he's severely drained himself and would be easy pickings for anyone looking for revenge, but in that process he would have proven his worth by taking out three competitors who were posing as difficulties to U7.
That would have been a great way to use Tien in the Tournament of Power but serously, neither Toei nor Toyotaro seem to remember that Tenshinhan even knows the Mafuba. But if you think about it the Mafuba could actually be even more usefull. Four members of the Universe 7 Team know the Mafuba, Son Goku, Piccolo, Tenshinhan & Muten Roshi. If all four of them would use the Mafuba at the same time, they could throw groups of opponents out of the ring. The Mafuba could pontencial even be a trumpcard to defeat Jiren but i dont think they are so creative. Really there is so much potencial with the techniques the Humans have but they put more effort into milking the Saiyans out. But I have to give Toei probs for atleast trying to do something with Tien & Krillin, compared to
Toyotaro who just flushed them downwards the Toilet right away.