Idea: Piccolo could lose a leg for once

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Idea: Piccolo could lose a leg for once

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:03 am

Toei/Toryama loves to show us Piccolo loosing arms, I have lost count how many times Piccolo lost arms in Super. Against Tagoma, against Gohan, three times against the Sniper.

If anything, let us see Piccolo loosing a leg or two. Just add some variety Toei.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: Idea: Piccolo could lose a leg for once

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:08 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:Toei/Toryama loves to show us Piccolo loosing arms, I have lost count how many times Piccolo lost arms in Super. Against Tagoma, against Gohan, three times against the Sniper.

If anything, let us see Piccolo loosing a leg or two. Just add some variety Toei.
This is Toei not Toriyama doing this and Rof in Super is evidence of this. There is no reason why in episode 106 he could not have just blocked it normally since Piccolo losing his arm and regenerating has no tension anymore.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:10 am

Seeing how Piccolo has suddenly become the most fragile thing ever, it would be better if he lost his hands, feet or as you said his legs, just for a change.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:12 am

the luxury of regeneration when one lacks an organ for reproduction, we should be thankful he doesnt lose his mind. :lol:
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:25 am

We did get some variety. He actually lost his right arm too. Up until 106 it's only ever been the left one.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:33 am

emperior wrote:Seeing how Piccolo has suddenly become the most fragile thing ever, it would be better if he lost his hands, feet or as you said his legs, just for a change.
You are absolutely right. He seems to be the most fragile fighter in ToP.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:Toei/Toryama loves to show us Piccolo loosing arms, I have lost count how many times Piccolo lost arms in Super. Against Tagoma, against Gohan, three times against the Sniper.

This is Toei not Toriyama doing this and Rof in Super is evidence of this. There is no reason why in episode 106 he could not have just blocked it normally since Piccolo losing his arm and regenerating has no tension anymore.
It's really a poor execution from the writters. They make him look the most fragile fighter ever, due to his ability.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:37 am

https://www.amazon.com/Tear-Apart-Refer ... B00OVM2G7S This is piccolo! I'll just go out on a limb and say in episode 106 if he lost a leg he couldn't stand in front of gohan and block. As corny as it is you could say he may have been doing it on purpose. You could say it was a handy way of dealing with it. It put him head and shoulders above the competition.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:18 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:
emperior wrote:Seeing how Piccolo has suddenly become the most fragile thing ever, it would be better if he lost his hands, feet or as you said his legs, just for a change.
namekiansaiyan wrote:

It's really a poor execution from the writters. They make him look the most fragile fighter ever, due to his ability.
He's the only one who can afford to loose an arm or a leg, so the writers like to exploit that ability to it's fullest.
They are not doing it very well I might add.
Piccolo used to be hardcore, he's not making a very strong impression here unfortunately. :(

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:03 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:
Or maybe the sniper fire was really powerful? :shifty:

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 am

Much more original than what they have been doing.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:01 am

Sure he could, but that would mean he'd lose part of his gi, and that'd be more difficult for the animators compared to his arms where there's no change afterwards. I wouldn't be surprised if that plays a factor.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:04 am

SsjCookie wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
He's the only one who can afford to loose an arm or a leg, so the writers like to exploit that ability to it's fullest.
Piccolo used to be hardcore, he's not making a very strong impression here unfortunately. :(
Probably because the writers don't seem to have any intention of making him an A-lister anymore. He hasn't been an A-lister since the Cell Saga.

MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:14 am

If that were to happen, Piccolo wouldn't be able to regenerate his shoes naturally, so besides seeing Namekian feet for what I believe to be the first time, the animators would be forced to continually draw with that aspect without any form of prior reference.

Although to be fair that would seem like a proper instance to bring back the Clothes Beam
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:20 am

Jigurashi wrote:
SsjCookie wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:

Probably because the writers don't seem to have any intention of making him an A-lister anymore. He hasn't been an A-lister since the Cell Saga.
Toriyama decides how good everyone is but Toei can decide things like how battles go.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:26 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
SsjCookie wrote:
Toriyama decides how good everyone is but Toei can decide things like how battles go.
Toei have been very hit and miss in this arc. I wonder if that's because of the serie director or because of writers/storyboarders. Future Trunks arc battles were incredibly good in choreography, while most of the battles in this tournament are quite uninspired and there's an overabundance of ki blasts.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:34 pm

And then he hops around like a bunny?

The sniper thing felt like that rat sniper in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, impressive by itself but not when compared to other fighters.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:31 pm

They're only doing this because he's the only guy who can regenerate. Hence they're going to make him lose arms. You don't see this happening to anybody else.

It's a stupid utilization of the regeneration technique, the writers can think of other ways when regeneration was useful such as when he fought first form Cell, but what else is new....
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:58 pm

He should be beheaded. I'd like to see his whole body regenerate.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:11 pm

He's been loosing his left arm since he fought Goku for the first time. Then against Raditz, then Nail lost the left arm as a tribute, then against Cell lol.
:clap:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:10 pm

I say have Vegeta or one of the cyborgs lose their limbs for a change. Piccolo can just materialise a new one for them. Moreover, who would anticipate a non-regenerative fighter being deprived of an appendage when your initial believe is that they have no means of regaining it? Imagine Freeza losing his tail again only for Piccolo to completely shut him out from any potential limb reaquisitions.