Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:59 pm

MAN, what a great episode! One of the best of this tournament so far! So much better than the last week!

- I'm gonna say they missed the opportunity of the Grand Priest explaining what happens if the time runs out and there are universes with the same numbers of fighters in the ring.

- It was a clever move from the Universe 3 to attack Goku while he still recovering his energy

- Though not much interesting in this episode, I wanted to see more of Piccolo and Gohan fighting the U6 namekians :)

- Cabba vs. Monna was a really good fight! Not generic as many seen so far, I like it! :D

- Champa complimenting Vegeta for saving Cabba was funny :lol:

- I don't know much what to say about that suddenly "master and student" bond Vegeta has with Cabba, I mean they just fought once and Vegeta never trained him, but it is nice anyway

- Was SSJ2 Cabba scene somewhat of a reference to SSJ2 Teen Kid Gohan? Cause I noted a similiarity :think:

- OMG, I didn't expect to see Vegeta vs. Toppo in this same episode! Also I thought it was hilarious how Toppo acknowledged both are the 2nd lead of their universe :lol: :clap:

- Er... Did Freeza really need to become Golden to eliminate Cabba? Sure he said he shouldn't have wasted stamina with 'trash' like Cabba, but still :roll:

- Was someone said before, I really appreciate how Super is giving some love to Super Saiyan 2 :D

- Did I read right? The NEP indicated that Goku will use SSJ3 against Caulifla and Kale? That's gonna be AWESOME! :o
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:02 pm

SS3 being back in the anime is nice. Does this hint at Caulifla achieving SS3?

Over all, a very good episode. I liked that Vegeta's intentions for the Super DBs is to bring back U6, but I wonder if the Zenos would allow that?

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:03 pm

SSKC wrote:This episode confirmed that Vegeta has surpassed SSB imo.

It just doesn't make sense for him to challenge Jiren seeing how Goku failed in SSB and SSBKK, unless he has surpassed that level. It's been speculated for a while, but at this point I'd be shocked if he doesn't show a new transformation during this arc. I think he's going to defeat Toppo, leading to Jiren breaking from his meditation, Jiren and Vegeta will fight, with Vegeta introducing his new form and then eventually losing. After that Goku will be ready to fight a slightly worn down Jiren and defeat/stall him with UI.
Nah it's just Vegeta being in denial. He's delusional. He's going out how he usually does, by being bodied.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:04 pm

Solid episode..

Ssj3 for Goku next episode is hype as hell! But if Caulifa goes ssj3 I'm gonna lose my shit.

I really want to see what these Nameks can do. They don't look like push overs at all.

Freeza is a beast. Every scene he's in he kills it.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:09 pm

Also anyone who thinks Cabba was not meant to be a blatant Gohan parallel is proven wrong this episode. They even redid practically the same exact SSJ2 scenes and close up of his face. Cabba is basically the Gohan of U6.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:Great episode. Hope next one is great. Just hope Caulifla doesn't get SSJ3 but i doubt it since the episode right after the next is supposed to have Kale help Caulifla so she must be losing.

People really need to stop this "Vegeta regressed". Getting old as hell to be honest. Vegeta is an asshole. That will never change. Just like Goku is childish and naive. Vegeta likes to fight and win. That will also never change. Do people think that Vegeta admitting Goku was generally better than him somehow means he can't want to win and can't be an asshole? lol It's been shown since ep 2 that just because he knows Goku is better doesn't mean he's gonna settle and not want to become stronger than he currently was and get to his level. It gave him something to keep striving for. It's friendly competition. He holds no ill will towards him even though he wants to be the best. And Vegeta is confident in fighting Jiren. That doesn't mean he is delusional. He's watched him fight. He's sensed his power. And still wants to fight him. That OBVIOUSLY means he has some hidden strength. He wasn't fazed at all in his fight with Goku and wasn't even losing his shit nor irritated at UI. he was intrigued and STILL confident in his ability to fight with whatever strength he may have. Hope to see a good fight between Toppo and him and hopefully all this teasing isn't for nothing. I doubt he'll win in this tournament, but i'm sure he'll eventually go out with a bang.

Thanks for this post Neko although I like to call Vegeta arrogant more than an asshole but I get your sentiment. :)

But yes Vegeta will always be a bit of a jerk at least on the surface. it’s just underneath that jerky exterior he definitely does have his heart firmly in the right place.

And people are forgetting the most important thing. Vegeta is a Saiyan. He wants to fight the strongest opponent and can’t help himself. Even if ultimately he can’t win, Vegeta is not going to run away from a challenge he is going to try to surpass his limits. Vegeta is definitely not delusional. And the fact that people call him delusional is clear they don’t get his character or get what Saiyan Pride means to Vegeta. And really Vegeta wanting to fight the strongest opponent how is that different from Goku? It’s both their Saiyan blood.

It doesn’t matter that Goku is ultimately stronger than Vegeta. Of course that’s ALWAYS going to be true. But Vegeta is not going to just sit back and let Goku have all the fun either. It may get him knocked out but I think he would feel worse if he didn’t give it his all.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:16 pm

LightBing wrote: Unfortunately this is in part a copy of Vegeta vs Cabba at the U6 tournament. Get Cabba all riled up and you got yourself a brand new Saiyan transformation. That Galick Gun from Cabba made me role my eyes I guess he learn it from watching Vegeta do it at the U6 tournament(he did it right?), nothing unusual there I just don't like being with in the head "CABBA'S VEGETA'S DISCIPLE SEE HE EVEN HAS THE GALICK GUN!".
Cabba used the Galic gun in the U6 tournament. It is possible he already knew it for some reason, the same reason he had the exact same fighting stance as Vegeta.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:22 pm

precita wrote:Also anyone who thinks Cabba was not meant to be a blatant Gohan parallel is proven wrong this episode. They even redid practically the same exact SSJ2 scenes and close up of his face. Cabba is basically the Gohan of U6.
Was there any doubt? I figured as much since the very first drawing of him came out.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:23 pm

SSKC wrote:This episode confirmed that Vegeta has surpassed SSB imo.

It just doesn't make sense for him to challenge Jiren seeing how Goku failed in SSB and SSBKK, unless he has surpassed that level. It's been speculated for a while, but at this point I'd be shocked if he doesn't show a new transformation during this arc. I think he's going to defeat Toppo, leading to Jiren breaking from his meditation, Jiren and Vegeta will fight, with Vegeta introducing his new form and then eventually losing. After that Goku will be ready to fight a slightly worn down Jiren and defeat/stall him with UI.
Eh, that still doesn't really confirm anything. I feel it's possible he has something, but nothing at the moment confirms he's hiding some new power.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:29 pm

After 3 episodes of super intense fights, it's cool to see what the weaklings are at lol.

But man, it's time for U7 to lose more people. They should have one episode focused on the androids and make them lose at the end, or have Piccolo lose after the U6 Namekians fuse or something. It's not being believable.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:30 pm

precita wrote:This episode took me by surprise, it was really good.

Loved Vegeta telling Cabba he would ressurrect all of Universe 6, and they kept their promise of visiting the Saiyan planet. Cabba had some nice moments of glory here going SSJ2 and taking out the fat woman. Lastly Freeza was amazing, going after Cabba when he was down and knocking him out so easily. Freeza wants to control the Gods which is great.

Lastly the few scenes we got of Gohan/Piccolo Vs. the Nameks were cool, as was some of the focus Caulifa/Kale got leading into the next episode. Nice to see them save Goku.
He didn't say that. He only said he will bring back the U6 Saiyans.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:35 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Yeah Vegeta, you definitely haven't delusionally peaked by thinking you can beat Jiren.
The theories that Vegeta has something special planned are getting more believable. His calmness during Goku's fight mixed with him thinking he himself can take on Jiren are raising flags for me. I still think he'll get eliminated by Jiren though...but who knows? I'm sure they won't have him fight Jiren just to be one-shot by him. Or he's just gone of his rocker. One of the two

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:39 pm

HeroR wrote:

Loved Vegeta telling Cabba he would ressurrect all of Universe 6, and they kept their promise of visiting the Saiyan planet. Cabba had some nice moments of glory here going SSJ2 and taking out the fat woman. Lastly Freeza was amazing, going after Cabba when he was down and knocking him out so easily. Freeza wants to control the Gods which is great.

Lastly the few scenes we got of Gohan/Piccolo Vs. the Nameks were cool, as was some of the focus Caulifa/Kale got leading into the next episode. Nice to see them save Goku.
Well my Japanese isn’t very good to tell if the the Crunchyroll subs are wrong but when he says what his wish will be I don’t hear him mention Sadala or Saiyans and according to the subs he says your lot after Cabba mentions one of our Universe being erased.

He later does say Saiyans will live on at the end of the episode to Goku. But he doesn’t specifically say I am only wishing Back the Saiyans as far as I can tell.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:40 pm

Kinokima wrote:
HeroR wrote:

Well my Japanese isn’t very good to tell if the the Crunchyroll subs are wrong but when he says what his wish will be I don’t hear him mention Sadala or Saiyans and according to the subs he says your lot after Cabba mentions one of our Universe being erased.

He later does say Saiyans will live on at the end of the episode to Goku. But he doesn’t specifically say I am only wishing Back the Saiyans as far as I can tell.
He said he would bring Sadala back, not necessity all of U6.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:41 pm

Forte224 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Yeah Vegeta, you definitely haven't delusionally peaked by thinking you can beat Jiren.
The theories that Vegeta has something special planned are getting more believable. His calmness during Goku's fight mixed with him thinking he himself can take on Jiren are raising flags for me. I still think he'll get eliminated by Jiren though...but who knows? I'm sure they won't have him fight Jiren just to be one-shot by him. Or he's just gone of his rocker. One of the two
They had Hitto fight Jiren just for Hitto to not actually hurt Jiren at all and get bodied by him for like 95% of that fight.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:42 pm

It's pretty obvious Vegeta implied he would revive all of Universe 6, not just the Saiyans. I mean c'mon, what is he going to do? Ask for one planet to be revived in a void of nothingness?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:45 pm

HeroR wrote:
He said he would bring Sadala back, not necessity all of U6.

I rewatched the scene several times he does not say Sadala at all

Crunchyroll subs translate it as I will wish back your lot. Hermès in his summary says wishing back Cabba & Co.

Nothing is implied that he only means the Saiyans. Although that could be his intentions it’s not clear cut.
Last edited by Kinokima on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:45 pm

Pretty great episode, freaking loved Vegeta's and Freeza's wishes. Cabba had good character growth but it seems Caulifla and Kale are the keys to winning for Universe 6. More so Kale I'd say, I doubt we've seen the last of her forms and for Vegeta to drop a line about Planet Salad just goes to show this is definitely not the last arc and we are going to see the Universe 6 Saiyans, hopefully Broly turns out to be Kale's brother! :lol:

I can just see a spin-off past EoZ focusing on Oob and Cabba, their masters as Goku and Vegeta. Oob, Cabba, Caulifa, Kale, Pan, wouldn't make for a bad start of a new cast. Trunks and Goten as well I suppose. Saiyan's don't seem so extinct or rare to me anymore, especially seeing Universe 6's progress to Super Saiyan 2.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:47 pm

It looks like we'll eventually go to Sadal which should be interesting. No one erased Hit from the list so he might still be there.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:48 pm

sintzu wrote:It looks like we'll eventually go to Sadal which should be interesting. No one erased Hit from the list so he might still be there.
Why would he still be there? I don't think they ever crossed off Kuririn from the list either.