Who do you think is the worst character in Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SmugStick
Patreon Supporter

Re: Who do you think is the worst character in Dragon Ball?

Post by SmugStick » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 am

BrolyKale wrote:Actually that's just a misconception. In the first movie the flashback works as foreshadowing and a metaphor for the fight between Broly and Goku, not as a reason why Broly hates Goku. In the second coming the flashback is used as a memory but not as his motivation.

If you watched the original version of the first Broly movie, the movie never suggested that Broly hated Goku because he cried.

Here's a nice interpretation of the movie
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Thread ... skin=oasis
That was a nice analysis and I enjoyed reading through it. However, I feel as if thatbjust makes Broly have potential he does not meet. His complete lack of personality is the worst offender. But I will admit that he doesn’t hate GOKU because of crying.
My immortal Phoenix died of food poisoning

Missions complete:
All Of Kai
All DB on DVD
Current Missions:
Dragon Boxes (Funi)
GT season 1

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8udQV ... 4GFPrFEPzg
Twitter https://twitter.com/SmugStick

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:56 am

precita wrote:Hm, how about Kibito? Literally the only memorable thing about him is Dabura killing him instantly. He's gone for the majority of the Boo arc too, because as I said he dies before they even enter Babidi's ship, and once he's revived he just hangs on the Kai planet in the background till he permanently fuses with Shin.

Then in Super he's de-fused...and he completely disappears. He's not even there at the TOP to watch the fate of his universe. He last appeared in the exhibition matches and then faded into obscurity.

I mean if you were to remove Kibito from the story almost nothing would change...they didn't even have to show Supreme Kai fuse as an example for Vegetto.
You haven't read the Super manga, where he fights Zamas and is later suspected to be Goku Black, then. Toyo has definitely given him some moments. Minor, sure, but he's not gone missing.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:57 pm

SmugStick wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Actually that's just a misconception. In the first movie the flashback works as foreshadowing and a metaphor for the fight between Broly and Goku, not as a reason why Broly hates Goku. In the second coming the flashback is used as a memory but not as his motivation.

If you watched the original version of the first Broly movie, the movie never suggested that Broly hated Goku because he cried.

Here's a nice interpretation of the movie
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Thread ... skin=oasis
That was a nice analysis and I enjoyed reading through it. However, I feel as if thatbjust makes Broly have potential he does not meet. His complete lack of personality is the worst offender. But I will admit that he doesn’t hate GOKU because of crying.
Lack of personnality? well that's not really true... he is violent, arrogant (just like any saiyans), bloodthirsty, sadistic, a psychopath.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Kinokima wrote:
TobyS wrote:Vegeta is boring he's like nearly 60 years old but still acts like a pathetic anti social edgy stroppy teenager, the z-team welcomed him in despite him ordering all their executions and endangering their planet multiple times.

He's boring as he has the same powers and transformations as the main character but worse. He doesn't have the novelty factor of an android or a Namek or even a human in relation to Goku.

He's a crappy boring character but is never acknowledged as such.

His character arc that everyone over-praises is “mass murdering psycho” to a “not a *really evil one* but still a complete prick who never repents for his past genocides and is rude to his wife's childhood friends”

He also gets way too much screen time for how boring he is. Many of his fans are spoiled brats he gets more screen time than anyone other than Goku and they don't appreciate it. And fans of other characters are left fighting over scraps of scraps.

Notices the Yamcha avatar what a surprise (and note I have no hate towards Yamcha he's a good guy)

My favorite is Vegeta is a crappy boring character but never acknowledged as such. Who exactly should acknowledge him as a crappy boring character? News flash he gets the second most screen time because he happens to be the second most popular character. Oh Vegeta haters crack me up. :lol:

And Vegeta has developed into a good guy who 100% cares about others the fact that people can't see that or don't get that he is a Tsundere (often acts differently on the outside from how really feels on the inside) has to be one of the most frustrating things about Vegeta haters. Or the fact that acknowledging Goku is the best doesn't mean he is going to stop trying to be stronger than him considering he never ever said that and it goes against everything Vegeta stands for.

edit: And I so knew this thread was going to devolve into bashing. People can't state they aren't a fan of how a character is written without turning to character bashing and attacking the fans of the character (ie calling fans of a character spoiled brats). Typical!
Exactly!!! I do not know why people think Vegeta admitting Goku was better than him means he was going to quit, all it means is Vegeta finally told himself the truth and his goal to surpass Goku just became clearer, sometimes in life you have to admit things to overcome them.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:[
Exactly!!! I do not know why people think Vegeta admitting Goku was better than him means he was going to quit, all it means is Vegeta finally told himself the truth and his goal to surpass Goku just became clearer, sometimes in life you have to admit things to overcome them.

Or the fact that Vegeta trying to surpass Goku is the worst sin imaginable to some fans. I never knew that Vegeta ‘s greatest fault was the fact that he wants to get stronger than Goku or that he god forbid sometimes is a bit prideful about his ability. But apparently this is what made Vegeta such an awful person not the fact that he didn’t care about anyone but himself & killed without a second thought.

But Vegeta is so obsessed with Goku that he decided to forgo training to wait for his daughter to be born lol. No character development whatsoever.

Puaru
Banned

Post by Puaru » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 am

I've said it Before and I'll say it again; GT Pan is absolutely awful. She is whiny like Bulma or and full of herself like Gotenks. But unlike Bulma who invents stuff or Gotenks who is actually powerful, Pan doesn't have ANY useful abilities. She is just 100% a burden, a burden for the other characters to have around and a burden for the audience to watch. Little bitch can't even go SSJ, and at that point in the franchise for a Saiyan to not be able to go super is like a chef not being able to Cook. My God she sucks, like whoa.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:34 am

Dolltaki from GT gave me the creeps. So I say him.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:17 am

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Dolltaki from GT gave me the creeps. So I say him.
He's supposed to give you the creeps as he's a villain. Why does that make him the worst character?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:30 pm

ABED wrote:
GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Dolltaki from GT gave me the creeps. So I say him.
He's supposed to give you the creeps as he's a villain. Why does that make him the worst character?
Honestly good point, I couldn't really think of a character, and he was the only one I could think of.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm not saying he's not the worst. I was just wondering.

If we were doing a poll, I think the top two would be GT Pan and Dolltaki.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 pm

The bandit who almost killed Bee. F*ck him
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:13 pm

For me, probably ChiChi. She is definitely better in the Buu saga and honestly, how much she annoys me really depends on the writer. I’ve never found the “education-Mama” trope funny so when they really play on that, it gets tiring really quickly. She’s been great in some episodes, intolerable in others. I’ve neve been a fan of how she talks to Goku or her kids in that it borders on emotional abuse a lot of the time even though her intentions are good. She’s just one-note: her whole character is just “education-Mama/worried mother/wife.” I think it would have helped her character so much if they actually developed her as a character and not as a stereotype for laughs

That aside, I’m not too fond of Gil when he’s first introduced but he grows on you. Same with Videl. When were first introduced to her, I hated her guts but once she begins to develop, I really warmed up to her. I don’t mind a strong willed character but there has to be more to them than just “look, I’m tough!”

Dolltaki I love to despise. He makes for a good villain for that reason.
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:17 pm

I don't particularly like Vegeta myself (except for in the Saiyan and Namek/Frieza arcs in which he was more villainous) but I can respect those that do. I just think he's pretty dull and infuriating throughout the second half of the original manga. However, DBS (as much as that series has problems) seems to be making him slightly more likeable in my eyes so that's good.

As for the absolute worst character in the manga? I'd probably have to go with Nail.

I don't mean to offend anybody with this opinion but I thought he was a waste of a character in the manga. He barely did anything except serve as a cheap power-up for Piccolo and before that, he had a brief fight with Frieza. It just felt like a pointless waste to me... and you can argue that he did do something when he fused with Piccolo but it doesn't really matter as that was just to give Piccolo a way of believably standing up to the foe, which even he still could not do after Frieza started going through more transformations.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Monaka: For being a lame version of mr satan but without his charm and I hate his design.
    Quitela: His design is lame and his voice was annoying especially that annoying kekeke laugh.

sunsetshimmer
    I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:57 pm

-Bulma (mostly because of a lot of screentime)
    -Gotenks
    -Zamasu/Goku Black
    -Jaco
    -Cell
    -Pilaf

I'm one of those guys that actually love Pan, ChiChi and Mr. Satan. Yep.
    "I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Hyena_Yamcha
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:05 pm

- Monaka
    - zeno
    - van zant
    My English is poor .