The next generation of DB fans.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The next generation of DB fans.

Post by Desassina » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:15 am

I'm living with a woman who has a kid (he's not my son), and I caught him with the TV on watching DBS, so we began a conversation about it. He liked the visuals, which were bright and colorful (end of Battle of Gods' arc), and he didn't pay much attention to the drawings, but he certainly enjoyed the voice acting in Portugal, so I decided not to introduce him to the Japanese version, because he can't read english yet. He told me that there was too much to keep up with, so I wanted to introduce him to the manga, but was reminded that I have it in some other language. I showed it to him anyway, so that he knew that Dragon Ball started that way, and he asked me if I could read it to him. I was in awe, but then I told him to wait one week before I got him something, and this is when I ask for the help of any Portuguese fan. Are the Portuguese editions of Dragon Ball being sold until the last chapter? I want to buy him one book per week to mimic the situation of then.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:21 pm

Desassina wrote:I'm living with a woman who has a kid (he's not my son), and I caught him with the TV on watching DBS, so we began a conversation about it. He liked the visuals, which were bright and colorful (end of Battle of Gods' arc), and he didn't pay much attention to the drawings, but he certainly enjoyed the voice acting in Portugal, so I decided not to introduce him to the Japanese version, because he can't read english yet. He told me that there was too much to keep up with, so I wanted to introduce him to the manga, but was reminded that I have it in some other language. I showed it to him anyway, so that he knew that Dragon Ball started that way, and he asked me if I could read it to him. I was in awe, but then I told him to wait one week before I got him something, and this is when I ask for the help of any Portuguese fan. Are the Portuguese editions of Dragon Ball being sold until the last chapter? I want to buy him one book per week to mimic the situation of then.
This maybe?

https://www.fnac.pt/n1247471/Banda-Dese ... ragon-Ball

I can't read Portuguese so I've no idea if that is an option or not.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:34 pm

Thank you for the effort. That's not what I meant. I know that they are available for sale. I simply don't know whether the Portuguese editions have reached their end. Thanks again!