Super Episode 118 (3 December 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Episode 118 (3 December 2017)

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:15 pm

Damn, what a good episode! I was not expecting to be better than last week

- So it seems both namekians from U6 have fused with thousand of other namekians from their home planet? That's interesting, but it's a concept taken from Multiverse, ya know... :D

- And I thought with Ribrianne out the 'love' thing would be dropped, but nah :yawn:

- Now, that's how you do a good parody with Magical Girls! I was not expecting the three remaining guys to transform like the girls! That cracked me up! :lol: :clap:

- Loved how 17 and 18 acted "all mighty" before facing them :D

- Did I saw Nail and Kami while Piccolo was unconcious? Man what a good piece :thumbup:

- The team work between Goku and androids, Gohan and Piccolo were also pretty good!

- What I can say about that father and son Kamehameha montage? EXPLENDID! :clap:

- So I expected them to go a little more emotional with U6 erasure, Champa could have said something, but nah :|

- Wohoho, it seems Vegeta is pissed! That Katoplesca guy is so F*** UP! :D

- NEP seems interesting, will we see the warriors from U7 being knocked out after several episodes? I hope so :)
Last edited by Noah on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:17 pm

Too much focus on U2 and too little on U6,and the little they focused on U6 Piccolo barely fought the Namekians,most of their fight happened off screen.
And of course we just had to give Goku 3 more eliminations,Nail and Kami appearing was cool though.
All the Namekians got treated bad in this episode in favor for more Goku and a little Gohan focus,then again thats to be expected.
Turns out Kaulifla is buddies with the Namekians or something,if only they had given them more screentime or them interacting or something.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:18 pm

This was way too rushed and both fights should have been an episode each.

Saonel and Pirina had fused with other Namekians but they were not at full strength. The fusions hadn't kicked in properly yet so the next we see they will be stronger. They are not the last 2 Universe 6 Namekians either.

Saonel was getting battered from both sides by the beams and got his arms out. That stamina is defiently working there.

Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon is deadly and way too strong at times.

Piccolo you need to fuse with some Namekians to get that stamina up.

The thing with Rabanra, Zarbuto and Zirloin was just weird and I didn't really like it.

Next week Shantsa is facing Piccolo and Gohan and his technique seems to be illusions which will test Piccolo and Gohan. Androids must be facing the hidden bugs so I expect a lot of abilities used here.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:19 pm

I’ve gotta say, this was probably my personal favorite episode of the tournament thus far. Well done.

Anyway, now that there are only 4 universes left, I’m really hoping that some fighters from Universe 7 will get eliminated next episode. Damon and Gamasaras better be worth all the mystery that’s surrounded them.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:19 pm

While not the best episode of the Tournament, I have to say this is the one that captures the the feeling of a Battle Royale the best. Two great fights going on at the same time, between no less that 10 characters? That's what I was waiting for this whole time and it finally delivered on that front! A truly great spectacle!

The transformation of the U2 guys floored me! I never expected such a thing :lol: Too bad they couldn't have been unique in their own right, but they proved more than welcomed. At least they weren't completely fodderized.

The Namekians were awesome too. Not the flashiest or strongest characters there, but I enjoyed them quite a bit! Their fight against Piccolo and (mostly :think:) Gohan was the highlight for sure. Really liked how their teamwork functioned. They almost got Ultimate Gohan too, till my boy came to the rescue with that awesome Makankosappo.
Speaking of Piccolo, his internal struggle regarding this fight was pretty well handled. While he didn't actually throw a lot of punches, it still felt like his battle trough and trough. Loved the Nail and Kami cameos. Very atmospheric and cool.

Goku was awesome in how he dealt with that Black Hole thing and the direction with the two Kamehamehas was sooo on point.

As someone else mentioned, I like how every Universe is taking their loss in different ways. It makes the event feel all the more special than if everyone whined everytime. Which brings me to how I think the U6 erasure was done very well. It was still emotional, but I like they didn't go the sappy route. That would've felt way too forced, especially at this point. It was very in tune with the series as a whole.
If there's one complaint I have is that it could've used more screentime, since U2 got a fair share more, but since we've been getting a lot more U6 in the stands and we know a lot more about them than U2, I guess it's understandable why they went that way.

The little 17/18 "villain" introductions was very funny too. Their role in U2's defeat was pretty crucial. Will be interesting to see where they go from here with them.

Next episode looks like another fight on multiple fronts, so I hope it manages to capture the feeling of the Battle Royale at least half as well as this one did. That NEP gives no clues as to who's going out from U7, so it will be a tough wait!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:20 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:This was way too rushed and both fights should have been an episode each.

Saonel and Pirina had fused with other Namekians but they were not at full strength. The fusions hadn't kicked in properly yet so the next we see they will be stronger. They are not the last 2 Universe 6 Namekians either.

Saonel was getting battered from both sides by the beams and got his arms out. That stamina is defiently working there.

The thing with Rabanra, Zarbuto and Zirloin was just weird and I didn't really like it.

Next week Shantsa is facing Piccolo and Gohan and his technique seems to be illusions which will test Piccolo and Gohan. Androids must be facing the hidden bugs so I expect a lot of abilities used here.
I do like that they actually made the SBC look good this episode at the end there. Like with Raditz, affecting people stronger than him.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:21 pm

That was so over the top, U2! Plus 17 and 18's introductions (and also Goku). Very fun. :mrgreen:
The eerie cameo by Nail and Kami was really cool.
I liked both U2 and U6's final send-offs. Champa was Champa until the very end.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Nice backstory with the Nameks saying they fused with every single person on their planet, but even then Piccolo still seemed stronger than them. :lol:

I did laugh at U2's male characters wearing the female uniforms, and once again seeing 17 and 18 in teamwork and with Goku was great. Of course Gohan and Piccolo working together was good too, I wish Piccolo did a little more but I guess I'll take this if this is as good as it gets for him. The final father/son Kamehameha blasts were good.

Oddly enough Universe 2 got a bigger farewell than Universe 6. We didn't get any real final moments between Caulifa and Kale which surprised me, and Hit didn't even say anything. I loved U2's farewell, actually got me sad. Universe 6's quick departure does make it obvious we'll be seeing everyone back to life somehow eventually.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:24 pm

I knew it was coming, but seeing U2 go still hit me like a truck. I'll miss you, Ribrianne.

[spoiler]See you in four months![/spoiler]

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:This was way too rushed and both fights should have been an episode each.

I do like that they actually made the SBC look good this episode at the end there. Like with Raditz, affecting people stronger than him.
It looked the strongest it ever has and that thing is dangerous. Literally no one in the tournament wants to get in the way of the Special Beam Cannon.
precita wrote:Nice backstory with the Nameks saying they fused with every single person on their planet, but even then Piccolo still seemed stronger than them. :lol:
They didn't fuse with everyone and they said the fusions had not fully worked yet so they will be stronger next time.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Beside the reused animation this episode was pretty dang great man. Liked the fight between the U6 namekians and Piccolo/Gohan, nice to see kami and Nail, though I do wish Piccolo kicked a little more ass in the overall fight. Also I had zero hopes for Zirloin and co based off of the spoilers, but holy hell did they do way better than I thought. Them transforming into the kamikaze fireballs was hilarious and that black hole heart attack they did was pretty cool. U2 and U6 took their erasures like champs and I'm pretty sad to see them go. Can't wait for the next episode though finally going to U4 strongest in action.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:26 pm

A decent episode. Not bad.

-The U2 guys made the joke funny as they became Maidens XD. I was expecting they'd be more like Tuxedo Mask or something XP.
-Didn't think much of the U6 Namekian fight....it was eh.
-The U2 fight was more interesting...which is sad when the U6 one was supposed to be the focus.
-Despite supposedly being their episode, Gohan and Piccolo had to spare half of there time. I mean even 17 and 18 basically got all the time last episode. I don't expect much for Gohan or Piccolo in the future now. Gohan's build up was to grand for what he is getting XD.
-I loved seeing Nail and God right next to Piccolo. Perhaps they do exist in some form. TFS was right....XP.
-Black Hole bomb was interesting and considered heavier than Bulma's machine is. Though would that not make it less than the suits Goku and Vegeta wore? Or did the chamber get heavier? Either way I expect this black hole feat to be way over exaggerated XD.
-Would have thought the extreme regeneration would play more of a part. It played a smaller part than I thought it would.
-Liked the Makankosappo/Kamehameha combo. Though where's my Masenko? Seriously we'll have Vegeta throw out a freaking Galick Gun after all this time, but no Masenko?
-Not really impressed by the Goku and Gohan doing the same move around the same time.
-U2 was far less annoying than U6 was upon defeat. I liked that they went out gracefully.
-I really hate Champa's characterization in this arc. He's second to Vegeta in the worst this story arc.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:27 pm

Was Piccolo erased? Where is that Vice guy from the "A complaint about Piccolo in an NEP for an upcoming episode that has not yet aired and I therefore have not seen" thread?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:28 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: -I really hate Champa's characterization in this arc. He's second to Vegeta in the worst this story arc.
I think his departure was done well.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:31 pm

One of the best episodes of this tournament for sure. This was literally the only episode that brought out any sort of emotion in me other than generic "excitement".

That scene with Nail and Kami was amazing. Felt very "un-Dragon Ball" like, I don't know how to explain it.

The writing was some of the best of this arc as well. Every character interaction and moment was on point and meaningful.

Action and direction was stellar, at least in the second half. First half definitely suffered from too much reused animation. Literally almost every single action cut was reused :/

That Goku and Gohan double Kamehameha was everything I needed in my life. More fan service between those two please.

All in all, this might be my fourth favorite of the tournament, behind the two special episodes and 107 (Frost and Roshi).

"More than love, I prefer guts!".
Last edited by Artorias on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:32 pm

That theme they played when Goku and Gohan were firing a Kamehameha, which was basically the intro song.

They played that same theme somewhere else in this saga and now it's bothering me because I can't remember when exactly. Anyone remember?

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:36 pm

Bullza wrote:That theme they played when Goku and Gohan were firing a Kamehameha, which was basically the intro song.

They played that same theme somewhere else in this saga and now it's bothering me because I can't remember when exactly. Anyone remember?
Episode 109
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Artorias wrote:One of the best episodes of this tournament for sure. This was literally the only episode that brought out any sort of emotion in me other than generic "excitement".

That scene with Nail and Kami was amazing. Felt very "un-Dragon Ball" like, I don't know how to explain it.

The writing was some of the best of this arc as well. Every character interaction and moment was on point and meaningful.

Action and direction was stellar, at least in the second half. First half definitely suffered from too much reused animation. Literally almost every single action cut was reused :/

That Goku and Gohan double Kamehameha was everything I needed in my life. More fan service between those two please.

All in all, this might be my fourth favorite of the tournament, behind the two special episodes and 107 (Frost and Roshi).

"More than love, I prefer guts!".
That quote from Goku was great!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Bullza wrote:That theme they played when Goku and Gohan were firing a Kamehameha, which was basically the intro song.

They played it when Goku was gathering energy for the Genki Dama back in Episode 109.