Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:15 am

They really should just call rename this movie to Fanservice. Cause to me it seems like that’s 99% of it.

Couldn’t care less about Cooler being “canon.” I like the character and his movies but fuck you know they’re gonna reuse him in the future instead of doing something new

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:15 am

BrolyKale wrote:So the "Broly is stronger than Beerus" is not a thing in the movie.
From where/who did you get these spoilers anyway?

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:16 am

So this Broly is pretty much the same old Broly, with a better reason to act the way he is acting, and of course is more "sentimental" or "kind" I don't know.
Last edited by BrolyKale on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:16 am

Burakku wrote:So now you fucking tell me Cooler is there somewhere but Shin and Co do not know him to recruit him for ToP

That's fucking retarted to the max
In all fairness he could have been exilled by Cold or something, in the SDBH material, Cold seems scared he’s going to kill him and he does. He seems to not have trusted Coola like he did Freeza. I could see Coola in some abandoned intergaltic prison.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:16 am

mute_proxy wrote:Toriyama released the following statement about the 20th film in the series:
The Dragon Ball Super movie this time around will be the next story that takes place after the anime that's currently on TV. The content will shed a little light on previously unexplored topics having to do with Frieza and the Saiyans, and I think it will be a very enjoyable story that serves up a long-awaited formidable opponent!
That statement has nothing to do with continuity placement though, it has to do with time placement.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:17 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:So the "Broly is stronger than Beerus" is not a thing in the movie.
From where/who did you get these spoilers anyway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gFfvgLdnak
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:17 am

Grimlock wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Toriyama released the following statement about the 20th film in the series:
The Dragon Ball Super movie this time around will be the next story that takes place after the anime that's currently on TV. The content will shed a little light on previously unexplored topics having to do with Frieza and the Saiyans, and I think it will be a very enjoyable story that serves up a long-awaited formidable opponent!
That statement has nothing to do with continuity placement though, it has to do with time placement.
It takes place after the anime, means it takes place after the anime, not the manga.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:18 am

Burakku wrote:So now you fucking tell me Cooler is there somewhere but Shin and Co do not know him to recruit him for ToP

He was trapped in a time-space vortex where he trained for two weeks that passed as fifty years in the real timeline and got three times stronger than jiren in the process.

Dude's insane, I tell you.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:19 am

Apperantly someone in narutoforums can confirm indeed that broly was compared to beerus. He saw the movie and its taking a very long time writting down the summary. Itll be up soon i guess. (He speaks fluent japanese btw).

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:19 am

Cooler is probably dead right now. I would imagine he was mentioned in the flashback

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:20 am

mute_proxy wrote:It takes place after the anime, means it takes place after the anime, not the manga.
I mean, if we are really going to read too much into it, then it would mean that Movie 1 only happens in the anime continuity and we won't see such events in the manga, which I think it won't be the case.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:20 am

Cetra wrote:

You could say the same thing about Broly.
To be fair, they didn't have a lot of time to search and they only searched the characters they know there are intelligent life, so Broly and Cooler not being found is fair.

Unless Whis is the one who searched for them, then it makes no sense since he so easily found saiyans on BoG lol.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:21 am

Grimlock wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:It takes place after the anime, means it takes place after the anime, not the manga.
I mean, if we are really going to read too much into it, then it would mean that Movie 1 only happens in the anime continuity and we won't see such events in the manga, which I think it won't be the case.
You're the one reading too much into it. The anime is mentioned in that statement, not the manga. That's all there is to it.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:22 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Apperantly someone in narutoforums can confirm indeed that broly was compared to beerus. He saw the movie and its taking a very long time writting down the summary. Itll be up soon i guess. (He speaks fluent japanese btw).
More comfirmatiom by someond who unrealentaming is texting.

I wouldnt say its 100 true, but ken did say that he knows of the top of his head. So he may have missed it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:23 am

Xeztin wrote:

In all fairness he could have been exilled by Cold or something, in the SDBH material, Cold seems scared he’s going to kill him and he does. He seems to not have trusted Coola like he did Freeza. I could see Coola in some abandoned intergaltic prison.
Yeah, there's nothing to say that if he's still around, that Shin could find him.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:23 am

mute_proxy wrote:You're the one reading too much into it. The anime is mentioned in that statement, not the manga. That's all there is to it.
No, it is the basic conclusion to have based on that statement. Movie 1 takes place after Universe Survival saga of both manga and anime, this is all there is to it. Unless, Toyotaro doesn't adapt it into his manga, then it'll be an exclusive anime sequel.

~ Day of the Machines ~

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:25 am

Grimlock wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:You're the one reading too much into it. The anime is mentioned in that statement, not the manga. That's all there is to it.
No, it is the basic conclusion to have based on that statement. Movie 1 takes place after Universe Survival saga of both manga and anime, this is all there is to it. Unless, Toyotaro doesn't adapt it into his manga, then it'll be an exclusive anime sequel.
Yes, it's a basic conclusion to a basic statement. Toyotaro is going to make an adaptation of it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:27 am

Something tells me that Cooler is mentioned in past tense and probably died off-screen considering he's not mentioned in the Tournament Of Power.

Or this was a colossal oversight from Toriyama to appease fans.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:27 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote: SSB Gogeta > SS Full power Broly > God Gogeta > base gogeta ~= ssj broly > ssb goku/vegeta. I think is accurate
It makes SSJ Blue really weak form considering SSJ4 was stated to have multiplier comparable to potara fusion (+SSJ) which would mean SSJ Blue has far lower multiplier.
It doesn't make sense tho because it would mean SSJG was pointless against Beerus and SSJ Vegito would do a lot better. DBS owned itself once again.
No it doesn't. SSJ4's multiplier was nowhere stated nor implied to be nowhere near to potara fusions. That guide you are referring to merely point out that Buu arc Vegito was "perhaps stronger than a SSJ4", which suggest that SSJ4 much weaker than you think, while SSB is at least 50x SSG (since its SSJ x SSG).

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:28 am

I’m hearing that Caulifla makes a cameo at the beginning of the movie? Is that true?