Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:28 am

It’s a continuation of the anime yet no kaioken/ssbe and blue fusion wasn’t nerfed like Toei has done :think:

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:30 am

Ken’s Friend does not speak perfect Japanese. He even said his friend had trouble understanding everything in the final part of the movie because it was very dialogue driven. Basically we get the main plot points from Ken’s friend but there are probably still a lot of details he is missing. And you know when you see a movie once even in your first language you may miss things.

In the end we will probably have to look at several summaries to get everything but this is a start.

Although right now it seems the movie is 95% fighting and not much story or character moments. Don’t get me wrong the fights all sound incredible but I do hope there is a bit more in the dialogue that Ken’s friend missed .

I do like the Kakarrot thing at the end though!

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:31 am

MisterGuyMan wrote:
Amir wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I know that Beerus' true power is never clarified in the anime or manga. So making blanket statements from a character who has know idea how truly power Beerus is seems a bit redundant.

But the show never clarified just how strong Beerus is. Making Goku's statement on the matter moot.

No. He lives to the fight another day.
Then how about author intent?
Do you honestly believe Toriyama added that line only for it to still be unconfirmed and controversial? He obviously meant to clarify how powerful Broly is.

It's the same as the Solar System statement by Cell.
I honestly believe the intent is to hype up Broly and leave the possibility open because they haven't thought that far ahead yet. Zamasu arc Vegito was hyped up the same was if you remember and I'm pretty sure everyone will agree that Vegito wasn't Beerus level yet.
Why? Why would people say Beerus is stronger than Vegito (manga)? Not only there are no evidences to support this after the statement, but you forget Vegito was only in his regular Blue form and not the Perfected SSJB form.
For all I know Vegito in the manga is stronger than Beerus.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:33 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Something tells me that Cooler is mentioned in past tense and probably died off-screen considering he's not mentioned in the Tournament Of Power.

Or this was a colossal oversight from Toriyama to appease fans.
That same oversight is what made Broly not be in ToP, unless the characters only searched for planets with intelligent life and Broly wasn't in one of them... Same could be applied to Cooler.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:34 am

mute_proxy wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Chill yall. The more I think about it, the more i think we should wait.

Cooler may not have been named dropped. We need more sources.
The whole plot was put out on stream on AppleKen Anime's YouTube channel, he was very specific about that part.
I know, i was watching.but he said his info was from his friend. And his friend couldn’t catch everything in the dialogue heavy scene with Freeza that supposedly mentioned Cooler. Plus, no one else has even mentioned Cooler. So be skeptical. Be prepared for disappointment if this whole Cooler thing is debunked
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:37 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:no Kaioken, or Vegeta Blue Evolution in the movie
It was obvious from the very beginning since they are exclusive to anime, especially SSJBE was just filler cash grab.
While i have no problem with SSJB Kaioken, i'm glad this movie pretends SSJBE never happened.
mute_proxy wrote: If you're comparing Vegito to non official version of Gogeta, then yes. But that Gogeta doesnt exist anymore
No difference. If all spoilers are right, Gogeta Blue is far stronger than Vegito Blue and lasts longer.
And with old Gogeta, it was also confirmed that Gogeta SSJ would win against Vegito SSJ.

I guess Toriyama's line about potara fusion being superior is completely irrelevant.
1. You are comparing a Post-ToP Gogeta to a Black-arc Vegito, so of course Gogeta would be stronger in this movie.

2. It was never stated anywhere that Z Gogeta was stronger than Z Vegito, especially since Z Vegito was confirmed the strongest character in all of Z.

3. Toriyama in January 2018 said that the movie takes place after the ToP anime, so SSBKK and SSBE (the later also being in the manga) not being in the film is a continuity error.

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:39 am

Is cooler mentioned or not?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:40 am

ssj4 wrote:Is cooler mentioned or not?
Waiting for confirmation too.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:40 am

Also, is Broly stronger than Beerus real or fake?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:41 am

Lukmendes wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Something tells me that Cooler is mentioned in past tense and probably died off-screen considering he's not mentioned in the Tournament Of Power.

Or this was a colossal oversight from Toriyama to appease fans.
That same oversight is what made Broly not be in ToP, unless the characters only searched for planets with intelligent life and Broly wasn't in one of them... Same could be applied to Cooler.
Fair point.

Perhaps Paragus was keeping Broly well hidden to avoid detection. :think:
ssj4 wrote:Also, is Broly stronger than Beerus real or fake?
Apparently, not real.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:42 am

Real apparently, many people mentioned it was stated, but i'm waiting for confirmation

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:43 am

So Broly becomes a friend at the end... I am not surprised, but this series really needs some villains. This is getting boring.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:43 am

Some say it's true, some say it's not... we need confirmation.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:44 am

IM21 wrote:So Broly becomes a friend at the end... I am not surprised, but this series really needs some villains. This is getting boring.
What is this? MLP/EQG?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:45 am

From talking to Kei17, a native Japanese speaker at the premiere, he said Goku says "Broly might be stronger than Beerus". It's not a definitive statement.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:45 am

So does Goku remember his past, or is him introducing himself as Kakarrot the equivalent to saying, “I also get called that, so you can use that, too.”
Last edited by kudo6000 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:45 am

>After the ToP i have to get stronger, there are so many strong fighters out there
>Jiren
>Hit
>Kale
>Caulifla
>Ribrianne

Yes, even Ribrianne has a cameo idk why, she was fodder to 18 and Vegeta.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am

Ajay wrote:From talking to Kei17, he said Goku says "Broly might be stronger than Beerus". It's not a definitive statement.
May you ask him about the Cooler thing too?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am

Happy to see that Broli survived. I hope he and Chirai return with a green-skinned and white-haired child that can transform into a green-haired Super Saiyan!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:47 am

ssj4 wrote:Is cooler mentioned or not?
We don't know for sure. A lot of these spoilers are coming from secondhand sources, so their reliability is questionable at best.

I half-joked about the Cooler thing earlier, but I'm not going to comment on the story itself at all until I actually see the film.