Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:03 am

BrolyKale wrote:
Kinokima wrote:According to Terez on Twitter the “you are pathetic line” from Jiren is actually a bit of a mistranslation and harsher than intended. She said “that’s unbecoming of you” would have been better.

https://twitter.com/terez27/status/960073326155706369
That sounds a lot better and fits Jiren better, I hope she is right.

Unfortunately Hermès said it was still not a nice thing to say no matter how it’s translated. So I guess not. :(

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:04 am

I knew Vegeta rising back to prominence would entail some master class s*** writing but this is a new low.

So wait, Vegeta does a much more powerful suicide blast than the one he pulled on Boo but somehow he isn't dead despite the fact both instances have him completely deplete his ki reserves which is precisely why he died the last time? And he's back to not only having more ki to use his Grade 2 Recolored form but he's gonna engage in what seems to be another big a*** beam clash?

The stamina thing is ridiculous, more so than ever with the NEP. By the logic of Super, a completely beaten and worn down post-KKX20 Kamehameha Goku would've been able to s*** out another to attack Freeza despite the effort leaving him drained as hell simply because he's super determined shonen character. Isn't Dragon Ball the one that didn't do this kind of stuff?

Also, we get it Vegeta, you care about your nakama and you're super in love with yourself, you've given us literally the same bloody speech 3 times in the span of 5 episodes. It's not new, it's not interesting, it isn't even an old thing being framed through new means like how BoG has him act like a clown so Beerus doesn't kill them, it's just the same speech over and over again!
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:07 am

They show Vegeta all bloody in the Buu arc scene, but don't show blood in Super it's self. How does that make sense? Why is flash backs to Z episodes fine for morning viewing, but new content is a big no-no?

Either way, it made his attack look less impressive by comparison.

The directing of the scene was also vastly worse, which was the bigger problem.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:10 am

This Vegeta stereotyping garbage needs to stop. If he's not getting his ass kicked constantly then it's a massive problem.. It's truly pathetic at how much people stereotype Vegeta fans and the way they think of his character. No wonder why I rarely come to this site anymore.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:13 am

Birusu16 wrote:This Vegeta stereotyping garbage needs to stop. If he's not getting his ass kicked constantly then it's a massive problem.. It's truly pathetic at how much people stereotype Vegeta fans and the way they think of his character. No wonder why I rarely come to this site anymore.
Vegeta's best moment in the new material was when he was acting like a clown in the BoG movie, because the story frames a thing we already know about him (he likes people now) and shows it by him purposefully tossing aside his pride to protect thim even if he looks like a total clown while doing so.

122, 123 and now this are nothing but Vegeta looking "super bad ass!" while he shouts and powers up because he really cares about his nakama over, and over, and over again. Isn't this the kind of crap Dragon Ball purposefully avoided and the reason crap series like Fairy Tail got so much disdain from folks?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:14 am

dnavenom wrote:That`s the idea, Vegeta didn`t sacrifice anything, it was Toppo that choose the wrong way to go and he had to be eliminated. Cause that`s the wrong way. There was not reason why someone who f*cked his whole life`s meaning should even be considered worthy. Sure the animation last episode was better, but the idea behind Toppo is not his strength as hakaishin, but his weakness as a mortal. You are doing wrong to the writers this time. It`s rare they do a good job and this time it was one of them.
I don't get what's wrong with this.Since he was introduced Toppo has made clear how important is justice to him so giving it all up for a noble cause (protecting everyone) is wrong because?......
That's like saying that Vegeta was handled badly in BoG movie just because he sacrificed his pride to protect his family which at the same time makes me realize that the Saiyan prince is a big fucking hypocrite for looking down at Toppo.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:29 am

dbs fanboy wrote:
dnavenom wrote:That`s the idea, Vegeta didn`t sacrifice anything, it was Toppo that choose the wrong way to go and he had to be eliminated. Cause that`s the wrong way. There was not reason why someone who f*cked his whole life`s meaning should even be considered worthy. Sure the animation last episode was better, but the idea behind Toppo is not his strength as hakaishin, but his weakness as a mortal. You are doing wrong to the writers this time. It`s rare they do a good job and this time it was one of them.
I don't get what's wrong with this.Since he was introduced Toppo has made clear how important is justice to him so giving it all up for a noble cause (protecting everyone) is wrong because?......
That's like saying that Vegeta was handled badly in BoG movie just because he sacrificed his pride to protect his family which at the same time makes me realize that the Saiyan prince is a big fucking hypocrite for looking down at Toppo.

Because putting aside your pride for a moment to do a dance is not the same thing as throwing away everything of who you are.

The fact that Toppo said Vegeta’s promise was meaningless should clue you in. Toppo threw away everything because survival was the only thing that mattered. Vegeta’s stance was that he would not throw away anything. Vegeta wasn’t a hypocrite it was a clash of what it means to truly survive.

That is why to me even though Vegeta used the same move as the Buu Saga he was not trying to sacrifice himself. He took a gamble but it paid off!

And plus the Bingo Dance wasn’t even in Super!

dnavenom
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dnavenom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:32 am

dbs fanboy wrote:
Ofc, sacrificing pride is one thing, sacrificing justice is a whole different thing. The first is something that`s important only to you. It`s your pride. Justice is probably one of the most important things for all humanity (in this case mortality). Vegeta sacrificed his own selfishness there. Toppo sacrificed an ideal. If you don`t understand it, I probably wont be able to explain it to you. Jiren is a mortal, stronger than Toppo, kept his ideals and pride. Vegeta, Goku are the same as Jiren in this regard. Toppo decided to give in and use the hack card, didn`t work. He lost his moral ground, his soul, his life`s meaning and the fight. Now if he is still alive, he has nothing left to live for.

Vegeta said it in DBZ, he changed on Earth. Sure he has his pride and wish for being the best. But when he was about to have Bulla, he puts the pride away, training, Kakarot`s rivalry and stays next to his wife. That should give you an idea what`s most important for him NOW. It`s not the pride, it`s not the rivalry with Goku or Beerus, it`s family. This is why I like Vegeta even if he is a dik sometimes. His priorities are better than Goku`s and Gohan`s. He is more human than any of them. He found strength in the people he loved without sacrificing who he is. Toppo wasn`t able to pull this off, he found strength while sacrificing his life`s meaning. Moral of the story " You don`t have to be a monster in order to win, there is always another way!"
Last edited by dnavenom on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:36 am

prince212 wrote:As a vegeta fan I’m satisfied the way they portrait him both fighting - narrative talk. Awesome
As dbs fan ... man I don’t like to watch Freeza sleeping at the end of previous chapter and in this one beginning he’s like after taking a shower ( at least show us the morning coffee ) it’s a proof that ... there’s no good communication with every chapters writer . Rush fever
It’s dope that vegeta eliminate a god of destruction but my favorite moment was Jiren surprisingly trashtalking over Toppo , non expected at all ... finally gaining points as a villain
I agree...
At this point they can give to vegeta/goku new moves too but nothing :/

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:39 am

dnavenom wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
Ofc, sacrificing pride is one thing, sacrificing justice is a whole different thing. The first is something that`s important only to you. It`s your pride. Justice is probably one of the most important things for all humanity (in this case mortality). Vegeta sacrificed his own selfishness there. Toppo sacrificed an ideal. If you don`t understand it, I probably wont be able to explain it to you. Jiren is a mortal, stronger than Toppo, kept his ideals and pride. Vegeta, Goku are the same as Jiren in this regard. Toppo decided to give in and use the hack card, didn`t work. He lost his moral ground, his soul, his life`s meaning and the fight. Now if he is still alive, he has nothing left to live for.
Explain me how Vegeta has sacrificed anything on this episode. Anything that Vegeta says has already being said by himself before, he's not doing anything new. The only time he did something like that was when he was fighting alongside Goku.

Toppo on the other hand didn't want to use that power because he considered it (probably) unfair, which is why he says that he gives up justice.He's only focusing all his energy on saving his universe which is understandable given this situation, he actually had development and definetly was a worthy opponent (who shouldn't have been defeated anyway).
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

dnavenom
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dnavenom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:44 am

dbs fanboy wrote:
dnavenom wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote: I don't get what's wrong with this.Since he was introduced Toppo has made clear how important is justice to him so giving it all up for a noble cause (protecting everyone) is wrong because?......
Explain me how Vegeta has sacrificed anything on this episode. Anything that Vegeta says has already being said by himself before, he's not doing anything new. The only time he did something like that was when he was fighting alongside Goku.

Toppo on the other hand didn't want to use that power because he considered it (probably) unfair, which is why he says that he gives up justice.He's only focusing all his energy on saving his universe which is understandable given this situation, he actually had development and definetly was a worthy opponent (who shouldn't have been defeated anyway).
You quote me and you ask me what Vegeta sacrificed? Sorry for the caps! VEGETA DID NOT SACRIFICE ANYTHING! HE KEPT EVERYTHING! OK? There was not sacrifice on Vegeta`s side. Only Toppo sacrificed here.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:46 am

dbs fanboy wrote:
dnavenom wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote: I don't get what's wrong with this.Since he was introduced Toppo has made clear how important is justice to him so giving it all up for a noble cause (protecting everyone) is wrong because?......

Why is Toppo sacrificing everything of who he is more noble than Vegeta holding onto the things that have meaning in his life?

But I don’t really see it as who was more noble. I see it as as a difference of what it truly means to survive.

Just because Toppo sacrificed something doesn’t mean he was right!

dnavenom
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dnavenom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:49 am

Kinokima wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
dnavenom wrote: Ofc, sacrificing pride is one thing, sacrificing justice is a whole different thing. The first is something that`s important only to you. It`s your pride. Justice is probably one of the most important things for all humanity (in this case mortality). Vegeta sacrificed his own selfishness there. Toppo sacrificed an ideal. If you don`t understand it, I probably wont be able to explain it to you. Jiren is a mortal, stronger than Toppo, kept his ideals and pride. Vegeta, Goku are the same as Jiren in this regard. Toppo decided to give in and use the hack card, didn`t work. He lost his moral ground, his soul, his life`s meaning and the fight. Now if he is still alive, he has nothing left to live for.

Why is Toppo sacrificing everything of who he is more noble than Vegeta holding onto the things that have meaning in his life?

But I don’t really see it as who was more noble. I see it as as a difference of what it truly means to survive.

Exactly :) i don`t agree with you hate for Vegeta, but when you are right you are right!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:50 am

dnavenom wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote: Explain me how Vegeta has sacrificed anything on this episode. Anything that Vegeta says has already being said by himself before, he's not doing anything new. The only time he did something like that was when he was fighting alongside Goku.

Exactly :) i don`t agree with you hate for Vegeta, but when you are right you are right!

You must be thinking of someone else I definitely don’t hate Vegeta lol.

dnavenom
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dnavenom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:55 am

Kinokima wrote:
dnavenom wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

So sorry I really made a mistake with Zenkaiboosts or something like that. I beg for your forgiveness! :)

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:11 am

dnavenom wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
This is why I like Vegeta even if he is a dik sometimes. His priorities are better than Goku`s and Gohan`s. He is more human than any of them. He found strength in the people he loved without sacrificing who he is.
If Vegeta is more human to you then you have a strange idea of what a human is. Is your concept of what it means to be "human" to always be complaining like Vegeta? To be as self entitled as Vegeta? To be a prince? To be someone who dedicates themself to surpassing one other person (even though Vegeta admitted at the end of Z that Goku was superior)

Goku is certainly more human with the way he makes mistakes and overcomes. Goku certainly loves his sons the way Vegeta loves his family.

It's laughably biased that you're trying to claim that because Vegeta loves his family he's a better character or more human. Do you just turn off Super when ever Goku shows up on screen and only watch Vegeta? Seems like it

Goku never whines like Vegeta.

In fact, here is more how Goku is more human (or a flat out better character). Goku actually tries to fight with smarts and utilize strategy. Goku is an actual martial arts master who simply wants to challenge himself (like a real life elite MMA fighter or boxer)

Where as Vegeta is just concerned with brute strength and "surpassing Kakarot"....

You may then talk about how Vegeta has a "better reason" to win.

That's all subjective. Vegeta has been going on and on about his promise to Cabba. It's kind of overdone. Goku simply wants to fight to challenge himself. That's all the motivation Goku needs. Goku doesnt need anything else to motivate himself because he's already driven

Where as Vegeta NEEDS to find things to motivate himself about, because he's NOT a true martial artist, like Goku who's simply driven by mastery of martial arts, like Goku is. Goku is far superior to Vegeta

I do like Gohan a lot, and I certainly like Gohan much more then Vegeta but its a shame what Super did to Gohan.
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:16 am

dnavenom wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
dnavenom wrote: Exactly :) i don`t agree with you hate for Vegeta, but when you are right you are right!

So sorry I really made a mistake with Zenkaiboosts or something like that. I beg for your forgiveness! :)
You are a hardcore Vegeta fan. You have no business calling anyone a hater. And if you actually read my first post in this thread, I praised Vegeta. This is what I mean, about Vegeta fans. Anything less then getting on your knees and proclaiming Vegeta as #1 gets met with a "youre a hater"....You are that stereotype Vegeta fan that people were talking about in this thread. I honestly use to not hate the character of Vegeta "that much," until I came on the internet and saw how his fans are.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:20 am

AloversGaming wrote:They show Vegeta all bloody in the Buu arc scene, but don't show blood in Super it's self. How does that make sense? Why is flash backs to Z episodes fine for morning viewing, but new content is a big no-no?

Either way, it made his attack look less impressive by comparison.

The directing of the scene was also vastly worse, which was the bigger problem.
Those 3 speeches were different both in content and context. It's plain wrong to say otherwise.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:27 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
dnavenom wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

You are a hardcore Vegeta fan. You have no business calling anyone a hater. And if you actually read my first post in this thread, I praised Vegeta. This is what I mean, about Vegeta fans. Anything less then getting on your knees and proclaiming Vegeta as #1 gets met with a "youre a hater"....You are that stereotype Vegeta fan that people were talking about in this thread. I honestly use to not hate the character of Vegeta until I came on the internet and saw how his fans are.

Your first post doesn’t negate all the other posts in this thread bashing Vegeta and his fans. And as I recall your post amounted to Vegeta did good now he needs to be knocked out & Vegeta fans need to stop complaining although no one on here was complaining. Plus you weren’t happy Vegeta did well because you complained how he took shine away from Goku. Then pretty much every post on here is you saying how selfish & awful Vegeta and his fans are. So yeah your posts speak for themselves.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:31 am

Notwithstanding the animation, the production of this episode was bad. Really bad.

I really wonder what was going on in the mind of the writers during the production of this episode.Not only did we get a repeat of some of the events from last week (like Frieza getting saved by 17's rock) but they actually retconned events from the previous episode by altering the Toppo fight and the crumbling of the arena. So, why should we care about what happens in the next episode? For all we know, they retcon the events of this episode in the first half of the next episode. I remember some Z episodes starting with a newly animated version of the last events of the previous episode but actually altering how things play out is a whole different thing.
It's clear that they don't give a hoot about Super anymore.