Jiren should have been erased

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Jiren should have been erased

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:09 am

When he deliberately tried to attack the audience. That seems like the kind of violation that the Zenos would punish harshly. The only reason they didn't erase him was probably because they were too interested in the fight.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

FrostByte
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Jiren should have been erased

Post by FrostByte » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:56 am

When Frost tried to attack Freeza,he was interfering with the match which both the Zeno don't like.But Jiren's attack didn't affect the match,as the people in the spectator seats were irrelevant to the fight,and therefore its not really a foul play.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:58 am

Zeno just does what he wants so that's why he's still in.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:20 am

FrostByte wrote:When Frost tried to attack Freeza,he was interfering with the match which both the Zeno don't like.But Jiren's attack didn't affect the match,as the people in the spectator seats were irrelevant to the fight,and therefore its not really a foul play.
But deliberately attacking the audience seems like an obvious rule violation.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:42 am

Zeno doesn't care. It's not infringing upon his personal entertainment if the disposable spectators are wiped out. I could only maybe see him getting involved if Goku were in the spectator stands, and that's assuming Zeno's twisted sense of affection for Goku is stronger than his yearning for an enjoyable fight.

Why do you think so many fans believe that Zeno's character should not be interpreted as some happy-go-lucky child who just wants to have a friend and a good time? He's a simple-minded monarchical autocrat compressed into the form of a child. His administrative rule is based on the whims of whatever is most enjoyable for him at the moment. Empathy, remorse, kindness -- those emotions are foreign to him. If I were the Hakaishin or the survivors of this tournament, I would be seriously considering a way to depose this guy. It could involve disempowerment, mutual destruction between the two Zenos, isolation in another timeline, ect. Something needs to be done about him.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:25 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
FrostByte wrote:When Frost tried to attack Freeza,he was interfering with the match which both the Zeno don't like.But Jiren's attack didn't affect the match,as the people in the spectator seats were irrelevant to the fight,and therefore its not really a foul play.
But deliberately attacking the audience seems like an obvious rule violation.
Well, I don't see how it would be a rule violation, since it doesn't really advantage or disadvantage the fighters in any way.

How would it be considered a rule violation?

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:51 am

Yeah and Roshi should have been DQ for using mafuba jar and u6 saiyans for using potara. It’s clear zeno’s don’t care about rules if they interfere with their enjoyment and eliminating Jiren that way would have sucked for them

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:18 am

If audience members can contribute to an attack (spirit bomb) than they should be fair game in being attacked.

Its a dick move but attacking the audience doesn't give the fighter inside the ring an advantage. It has no affect on the outcome of the tournament because they were already eliminated.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:27 am

Yedis wrote:If audience members can contribute to an attack (spirit bomb) than they should be fair game in being attacked.

Its a dick move but attacking the audience doesn't give the fighter inside the ring an advantage. It has no affect on the outcome of the tournament because they were already eliminated.
Indeed. The rules only stated no outside interference. Getting rid of the potential outside interference, whilst a terrible deed, is technically not against any established rules.

It's the same thing with Hakaishin Toppo. He's only using the power of a Hakaishin; he doesn't hold the position, so he doesn't count as a "god" in the hierarchy.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 am

There was a few gods and angels there... literaly nothing would of happened.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:11 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: It's the same thing with Hakaishin Toppo. He's only using the power of a Hakaishin; he doesn't hold the position, so he doesn't count as a "god" in the hierarchy.
Which is kind of a loophole to exploit, honestly.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Nowhere was it ever stated you cannot off the spectators. You cannot interfear with the ToP and you cannot kill within the ring but that’s it. Frieza beat Jimizu to near death but as long as he’s alive befor being ringed out he safe.

First off the ToP’s rules have some pretty huge loopholes in them and second their subject to Zen-Oh’s whims.

Reminds me of a something from another show...

Goliath: Oberon, you decreed that your magic would not affect me or my clan.

Oberon: My decrees are MINE to interpret!

So in essence the tournament rules...

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Jiren didn’t violate any of the rules. Just like the loophole where if your own attack kills you, the person who reversed it isn’t eliminated. In this case, since “not being allowed to attack the stands” wasn’t a rule, Jiren technically didn’t nothing wrong.

Frost was a case of breaking the rule of elimination in which, when you’re eliminated, you are out of the battle. That means no outside interference.

Plus, there were 12 Angels. Jiren’s blast would be like a fly to them all.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:25 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Plus, there were 12 Angels. Jiren’s blast would be like a fly to them all.
Are you sure? Back in the BoG saga Whis said that he was unable to stop Beerus' blast.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Plus, there were 12 Angels. Jiren’s blast would be like a fly to them all.
Are you sure? Back in the BoG saga Whis said that he was unable to stop Beerus' blast.
I dont remember this but look at it this way.

Whis at max is stronger than Beerus at max. So it would stand to reason that Whis would be able to stop any of Beerus’s blasts.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Whis stated that he wouldn't be able to stop the energy between Goku and Beerus in the BOG arc so he isn't stopping anything from Jiren. He may be able to dodge it due to UI and because of the distance that Jiren threw it, but that's about it. Why would speculation override a direct statement?

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:39 pm

Who put up the barrier when Toppo’s hakai that he used on Freeza warped the whole void? If that was GP and it stands that he could do that again , and for anyone who doubts his power to do so, he’s one of the 5 strongest in the anime and in the manga blocked Beerus and Quitela punches with one finger so Jirens attack would be chump shit to him

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:35 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Whis stated that he wouldn't be able to stop the energy between Goku and Beerus in the BOG arc so he isn't stopping anything from Jiren. He may be able to dodge it due to UI and because of the distance that Jiren threw it, but that's about it. Why would speculation override a direct statement?
As far as I could tell Whis said he couldnt stop Beerus' blast because it would be against his job title of being the instructor/attendant of Beerus. Ultimately Beerus can do what he wants and Whis tends not to interfere except when Beerus does things for absolutely no reason in which case Whis intervenes. It wouldnt make any sense for Whis to be unable to stop the blast itself.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:51 am

PFM18 wrote:
supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Whis stated that he wouldn't be able to stop the energy between Goku and Beerus in the BOG arc so he isn't stopping anything from Jiren. He may be able to dodge it due to UI and because of the distance that Jiren threw it, but that's about it. Why would speculation override a direct statement?
As far as I could tell Whis said he couldnt stop Beerus' blast because it would be against his job title of being the instructor/attendant of Beerus. Ultimately Beerus can do what he wants and Whis tends not to interfere except when Beerus does things for absolutely no reason in which case Whis intervenes. It wouldnt make any sense for Whis to be unable to stop the blast itself.
Whis' words were something like 'how do you expect me to be able to stop a blast with that much energy'?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:52 am

PFM18 wrote:
Daishinkan could have stopped it no doubt but it wasn't aimed at him and the Zenos. So why would he?