Where did the saiyan from the new movie come from and how?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Where did the saiyan from the new movie come from and how?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:37 am

Its be theorized that the new saiyan is either one from the past or one from the theoretically resurrected universes 13 to 18 due to C-17’s wish.

I personally like the latter idea. Since there were 18 universes in all, maybe the universes would have been in triplets instead of pairs. That would mean that we have another universe (one of the destroyed ones) with a Planet Sadala or Planet Vegeta. Since the 13 to 18 universes were destroyed in an early time, it would make sense as to why they look so ancient. Also, DBS have gone over how different universe saiyans can have different evolutions. So maybe the golden eyes could be explained as an evolution of the saiyans from universes 13 to 18. Maybe, just MAYBE, they could even add the SSJ4 form but change the color of the fur and call it a transformation exclusive to the saiyans of one of the 13 to 18 universes. Anything is possible these days.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Where did the saiyan from the new movie come from and how?

Post by Doctor. » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:46 am

A good theory that picks up on established lore and expands on it.

That means it won't be what happens because DBS is more interested in asspulling stuff.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:54 am

With what we know now, I'd say he's probably just some Saiyan miscreant from Universe 6.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:19 am

I also think he's a Saiyan from one of the erased universes, and he is "ancient" because Zeno destroyed the universes many thousands of years before the events of Dragon Ball. The Saiyans from this universe may be still the brutal, bloodthirsty Saiyans we know U7 had, which would be a nice contrast to the good and peaceful Saiyans from U6.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:07 pm

With this animal like transformation this saiyan seems to have, they could easily fit in SSJ4 into the series. Goku and Vegeta don’t necessarily need it, but if saiyans from different universes have different transformations I definitely wouldn’t have a problem with it.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:38 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Its be theorized that the new saiyan is either one from the past or one from the theoretically resurrected universes 13 to 18 due to C-17’s wish.
It’s suppose that the current universes have some kind of duality, like 7-6 , 1-12 etc , and the fact that another six universes were deleted , make possible that an ancient triality happened, so it’s an interesting theory that one of them contained Saiyans, and I’d like something like that expanded in the future , explaining the origin of Saiyan race and all the universes in general , they sure create tons of futurible plots with this many universes , db can milk the cow as much as they want and entertain us
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:57 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:With what we know now, I'd say he's probably just some Saiyan miscreant from Universe 6.
Except they don't have tails, and haven't had them for a VERY long time.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:05 am

shadowmaria wrote:We'll likely find out December 14th like the rest of the world, unless it's revealed in pre-release materials
It definitely will. We've had tons of BoG material before the movie was out, same with RoF.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:19 am

Xeogran wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:We'll likely find out December 14th like the rest of the world, unless it's revealed in pre-release materials
It definitely will. We've had tons of BoG material before the movie was out, same with RoF.
Exactly!

/thread

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:33 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:With what we know now, I'd say he's probably just some Saiyan miscreant from Universe 6.
Where do we see that he has a tail? In the teaser he has a fur around his waist.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:57 am

TheOtherDude wrote:With this animal like transformation this saiyan seems to have, they could easily fit in SSJ4 into the series. Goku and Vegeta don’t necessarily need it, but if saiyans from different universes have different transformations I definitely wouldn’t have a problem with it.
There is no animal like transformation (not in the trailer at least), only a saiyan like character wearing "wildling" clothes and emitting a green aura. The only saiyan with a green aura we saw was Kale/Broly, and Vegeta called it "saiyans orignal form" or something, so that might be a clue of some sort.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
This saiyan doesn't have a tail either? I think you may have mistaken the fur coat he has as having a tail

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:33 pm

I hope the explanation is something silly, like this new Saiyan was away at a video game tournament during Planet Vegeta's destruction, goofing off when he was supposed to be on guard duty and has been living in guilt for all these decades. Maybe then the conflict could be that he wants to kill Freeza to restore his honor for letting his wife die alone or something?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:29 pm

If he isn't Yamoshi, then he's at least related to him, otherwise I don't see other reason why Toriyama would first reveal this Yamoshi character to the fans just a few days/weeks away from the movie being announced on Jump Festa.

As for which universe he came from, IIRC Toriyama's message from the other day mentioned something about "learning more about Freeza". Freeza (as we all know) is a Universe 7 character who according to DB Minus has known about the existence of the "legendary" SSG way before Beerus even had his dream. Basically, I wouldn't be surprised if Freeza and this saiyan actually know each other (or at the very least one of them knows about the existence of the other). Universe 6 is nowhere in sight here.

Also from the very little we were shown of this character's appearance, he seems to be wearing a saiyan armor and wristband that looks almost exactly like the ones used by Raditz and Nappa and nothing like the "roman" armor U6 saiyans use.

I could be proven wrong, but right now it is looking far more likely that this character is from Universe 7 rather than 6.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:22 am

JulieYBM wrote:I hope the explanation is something silly, like this new Saiyan was away at a video game tournament during Planet Vegeta's destruction, goofing off when he was supposed to be on guard duty and has been living in guilt for all these decades. Maybe then the conflict could be that he wants to kill Freeza to restore his honor for letting his wife die alone or something?
Yeah, a distinctly Toriyama reason would be great way to introduce the character. I was thinking something along the lines of him being the forgotten strongest Saiyan who had lived, who got stuck (preferably with a small group of similarly powerful friends) on a reverse room of spirit and time planet, where they were facing each other in a fighting game as celebrations for conquering the entire universe . However, due to time being completely screwed up on that planet, their small celebration vacation accidentally takes millions of years, resulting them having to come to terms with the fact that the proud and mighty Saiyan race has not only been almost completely wiped out, but the surviving race had been completely domesticated!
(Of course, you could probably just come up with some lore stuff about how the Saiyan's were a race that had risen and fallen from universal prominence several times in a million years due to inner social conflicts(Vegeta mentioned a war destroying their original home world?) or natural extinction level events decimating Saiyan society on more than a single occassion)