"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:25 am

So, what will we get? Z movies? EoZ? DBS? GT?

I think it will either be a DBS Broly, Goku Black, or the 25th TB with Uub and all, but without the manga tackling that just yet, I doubt it.
I don't think they'll do DB again, they did a fine job and covered quite a lot with Ma Jr.'s DLC. They already did the two OVAs that stand above the shitty Z movies, and GT won't be added by now, I believe.

So, my money is between Broly and Black.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:45 am

Gt91 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:03 am DBZ: KAKAROT DLC 6 will be officially revealed at Battle Hour! Sparking! ZERO News is also officially confirmed!

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1745266778228629933

Has any leaker looked into what it could be?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:20 pm

Some time ago DBHype talked about the EOZ, however, at the moment, there is still no official confirmation or new leaks.
We have to wait.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:11 pm

I feel like End of Z should've been in the base game tbh

I still have yet to play the Bardock DLC and the Majunior DLC but when End of Z comes out I'll probably play that one first

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:29 pm

I've got my fingers crossed for the DLC to cover either the original Z Broli movie or an arc from GT, ideally Baby.

Either of those (or both, both would be good) would just be one more delicious middle finger to Super, on top of the prior pleasant surprise of the original Bardock special being adapted instead of Minus.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:06 am

It's a tough call, but I'm leaning towards a DBS Broly or Goku Black focus for the next installment. With the extensive coverage of the main series and the recent Ma Jr.'s DLC, it seems like a logical direction for the game.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:11 am

Funny thing this game didn't had a DLC with OG Broly yet, but considering most are DBS based, that might not happen at all.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:16 am

The DLCs seem to be moving either forward or backwards but always from the main continuity(for many, Minority Report Bardock is still the main Bardock over Bardock-El, no matter what), so one-note Z Broly hopefully won't ever be a thing because he doesn't fit anywhere.

GT is unlikely, they should leap over EoZ which they haven't done yet, introduce several new models, new stages (how lame would it be if it's just Earth/Tsufuru and no M2 planet), new forms... and after that they should keep on producing more GT content, like the Shadow Dragons. I feel if that ever happens, it'll be for the last couple of DLCs. I wouldn't give much thought to the Z stamp, it didn't stop them from giving us DB content.

EoZ is also unlikely, if the manga happens to finally reach that time period in a few months, with revelations, changes, new stuff or whatever, it would render the DLC pretty much incomplete. Specially if we take into account there's nothing much to tell about the epilogue by now. Fight Uub? leave the arena? train him? that's it? Uub's story? fighting farmers prior to the TB? as of now I don't see anything interesting to do by EoZ. At least, nothing I'd pay money for.
I think if they ever do an epilogue DLC, we'll be able to migatte no gokui the fuck outta Goku.

For a Black arc DLC, the game has already the SSB forms(SSR is just recoloring it), the future timeline stage, future Trunks, Mai, potara fusion... they only need to add Zamasu and blue fusion. Not to mention it's the proper next step after introducing the god forms. There's a story, there's fighting, there's "investigation" to be done, there's way more to do than in EoZ or in any Broly movie ever.

DBS Broly would also be easier, it's just one guy and blue fusion but it's just fighting non-stop, unless we control Broly and... fight a big green dog for decades.

NeoZ Duwang
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeoZ Duwang » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:17 am

I think there's a chance we could be getting Z Movie 13. It takes place not too long after Boo, so they won't need to edit the models of most of the main cast, and the story leaves room for it to be expanded with side quests and whatnot
she/they.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:20 pm

Kaboom wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:29 pm I've got my fingers crossed for the DLC to cover either the original Z Broli movie or an arc from GT, ideally Baby.

Either of those (or both, both would be good) would just be one more delicious middle finger to Super, on top of the prior pleasant surprise of the original Bardock special being adapted instead of Minus.
Honestly considering we have god forms, I really doubt GT will be adapted, they'd have to explicitly say it's another timeline if so... Unless they decide to make a weird, hybrid of GT's arcs that also have god forms lol.

Hell, I'm not even sure any of Super's arcs will be adapted, I wouldn't be surprised if the logic behind BoG and RoF being adapted is because "They're Z movies".
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:16 am GT is unlikely, they should leap over EoZ which they haven't done yet, introduce several new models, new stages (how lame would it be if it's just Earth/Tsufuru and no M2 planet),
Honestly, did any game with GT in it include M2?

The first arc is skipped everytime in favor of baby as far as I've seen (And in Budokai 3's case, skip even him in favor of Omega), but it'd be nice to get Rildo and M2, at least.
new forms... and after that they should keep on producing more GT content, like the Shadow Dragons. I feel if that ever happens, it'll be for the last couple of DLCs. I wouldn't give much thought to the Z stamp, it didn't stop them from giving us DB content.
Shadow dragons could give an open world nature where you can help peole with side quests after the shadow dragons fucked up something, at least.
EoZ is also unlikely, if the manga happens to finally reach that time period in a few months, with revelations, changes, new stuff or whatever, it would render the DLC pretty much incomplete. Specially if we take into account there's nothing much to tell about the epilogue by now. Fight Uub? leave the arena? train him? that's it? Uub's story? fighting farmers prior to the TB? as of now I don't see anything interesting to do by EoZ. At least, nothing I'd pay money for.
Yeah EoZ would be better off as an epilogue published alongside another DLC, or as a prologue if they go for GT lol.
DBS Broly would also be easier, it's just one guy and blue fusion but it's just fighting non-stop, unless we control Broly and... fight a big green dog for decades.
Vampa has decent enough as a death world to be explored for food and whatnot, but I'm not sure Kakarot would be the right game for it.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:12 pm

sangofe wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:45 am
Gt91 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:03 am DBZ: KAKAROT DLC 6 will be officially revealed at Battle Hour! Sparking! ZERO News is also officially confirmed!

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1745266778228629933

Has any leaker looked into what it could be?
The rumors based off the supposed leak are that it is EoZ. Time will tell if this is true.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:17 pm

She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:53 pm

Well, well, well. Xenoverse and now this game tackling a little bit that part of the series, huh. That's what I like to see. I'm not expecting this one to receive the same treatment Trunks DLC did, but if somehow it gets (and it should because otherwise it'd be a pretty short and devoid of content DLC), then I guess they could end the DLC series on a very high note. Or is there more DLC already confirmed?

Hopefully they put something we have never seen before.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

onefinegent

Post by onefinegent » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:10 pm

very interested to see where this DLC goes, and if it'll peel back the curtain ever so slightly to show us what happens beyond EoZ. be hilarious if they tossed in the black star saga to bookend it, as insanely unlikely as that would be.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:19 pm

No way they do that. The amount of shit they’d get from it would be astronomical.

As far as Z is concerned, EoZ is holy scripture: they won’t mess with it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:21 pm

This may be the best DLC for me together with the previous one of 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, because both are stories that aren't done often. Despite the countless games we had retelling DBZ story, I don't remember many that gave us EOZ.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:11 am

I hope we can play as adult Trunks and Goten in it. Also, GT next please!
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:43 am

On one hand, I want to play this story, I've never played it before, ever, I want to see blu gi Goku. But on the other hand, what is there to do without going beyond?

I'd like to see how this won't be just a big cutscene with one fight vs Uub, or some training sessions prior to the Tourney. I assume we'll be able to play the rest of the tournament? although, I think it was cancelled after Goku leaves. Also, training Uub should be a thing... however, it's uncharted territory for us, unless they link it to episode 1 of GT...

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:38 am

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:43 am On one hand, I want to play this story, I've never played it before, ever, I want to see blu gi Goku. But on the other hand, what is there to do without going beyond?

I'd like to see how this won't be just a big cutscene with one fight vs Uub, or some training sessions prior to the Tourney. I assume we'll be able to play the rest of the tournament? although, I think it was cancelled after Goku leaves. Also, training Uub should be a thing... however, it's uncharted territory for us, unless they link it to episode 1 of GT...
The could change the order or tournament matches, which could at least give us Goten vs Buu, since Goten complained about having to fight him but since Goku vs Uub happens first, we don't get to see it.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:01 pm

So, over 10 of Goku and over 10 of Vegeta of the total 164 character roster? That means in reality we will have like 30 characters haha...