Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:19 pm

We're supposed to be living in civilized society. Mignogna is a piece of shit but that doesn't mean we need to be going around suggesting death (not that I would miss him). He needs to be removed from our spaces and if possible charged through the legal system. That's all.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:19 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:10 pm They'll kill innocents while killing themselves. Writing off people because of who they voted for is dumb.
Considering how many people have already died because of Trump's policies(I.E. all those immigrants that died in those concentration camps) I wholeheartedly disagree. I think writing people off that voted for agent orange is entirely logical, and in the case of those directly being targeted by his administration downright necessary in order to save their lives(just look at all the attacks on Asians that have been escalating as a direct result of him blaming China for the virus).

Anyone that voted for someone that started his campaign by saying that all immigrants are rapists is not someone I have any kind of sympathy for :evil:
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:56 am

Planetnamek wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:19 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:10 pm They'll kill innocents while killing themselves. Writing off people because of who they voted for is dumb.
Considering how many people have already died because of Trump's policies(I.E. all those immigrants that died in those concentration camps) I wholeheartedly disagree. I think writing people off that voted for agent orange is entirely logical, and in the case of those directly being targeted by his administration downright necessary in order to save their lives(just look at all the attacks on Asians that have been escalating as a direct result of him blaming China for the virus).

Anyone that voted for someone that started his campaign by saying that all immigrants are rapists is not someone I have any kind of sympathy for :evil:
Did you really just compare the boarder detainment centers with Nazi concentration camps? Really? I mean, I know Trump isn't exactly the least xenophobic guy out there, but Jesus mate, get a grip on reality. Over the course of the 7 years between 2003 (when the border detainment centers first started popping up) and 2010, only 107 people have died in custody or detainment with a grand total of 6 people under the Trump administration. Concentration camps were literally about actively working prisoners to death, starving them, abusing them, and even got to the point of executing prisoners for entertainment purposes.

There's a whole world of a difference between being detained in a makeshift detention center made to curb the inflow of illegal aliens unlawfully crossing the border and being in a legitimate concentration camp. Please don't undermine the horrors and tribulations of the Jewish people in WWII by comparing something that's objectively not as bad in a serious manner.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:07 am

(I.E. all those immigrants that died in those concentration camps)
This was happening long before Trump was in office. Just saying.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:39 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:13 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:25 am I hope he gets the virus.
I dislike Vic as the next guy, but I don't think anyone deserves death unless they are truly evil.
For the third time now, I don't want him to die, just get sick and have to be quarantined so he can't get up to his predatory antics for a while.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:35 am

Eeeh, a concentration camp is a concentration camp. All of the living PotUS are criminals and should be spending the rest of their lives in prison as it is.

The issue I was getting at is that we cannot determine which percentage of people voted for Trump because they were taking a risk on his economic populism or because of the blatantly racist things he said. Then, from there, wishing death upon thousands if not millions of people is neither feasible nor principled. That is a pretty direct violation of lefty-wing ideology.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:04 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:39 am
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:25 am I hope he gets the virus.
I dislike Vic as the next guy, but I don't think anyone deserves death unless they are truly evil.
For the third time now, I don't want him to die, just get sick and have to be quarantined so he can't get up to his predatory antics for a while.
This is still an astonishingly fucked up statement, and just gives this forum a bad name.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:17 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:35 am Eeeh, a concentration camp is a concentration camp. All of the living PotUS are criminals and should be spending the rest of their lives in prison as it is.
There is an important distinction to be made between "detention camps" and "Nazi death camps." Just because you're being kept in detainment in sub-optimal conditions, doesn't mean you're in a literal Nazi concentration camp. Illegal immigrants, while not being treated as they should, are still be treated with far more dignity, compassion, and respect than the Jews did during the Holocaust.

Then again, it could just be me who gets offended when people try to associate any little thing they view as unethical, inhuman, or racist as being comparable to the actual Nazis and the Holocaust. It's the exact kind of thing I was warning people about 5-6 years ago when some others tried arguing that WWII isn't relevant to modern societies anymore and that it's not important to keep hammering it home to anyone not actively studying modern history.

Every president in history has been a crook to some degree. Same is true of pretty much any world leader ever.
Then, from there, wishing death upon thousands if not millions of people is neither feasible nor principled. That is a pretty direct violation of lefty-wing ideology.
I identify as being "left-wing," more than almost any other political party, but if you ever ask me about my opinion on child molesters, it'll always be to periodically gather them all up on an island and nuke it to hell and back. Child molesters are sub-human filth that don't deserve the right to live as far as I'm concerned.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:44 am

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:17 amI identify as being "left-wing," more than almost any other political party, but if you ever ask me about my opinion on child molesters, it'll always be to periodically gather them all up on an island and nuke it to hell and back. Child molesters are sub-human filth that don't deserve the right to live as far as I'm concerned.
There's an old saying that one who is running for president is supposed to say "I'd kill them myself!" when asked if one would imprison or execute the rapist of one's spouse or child even if what you really believe is that capital punishment is wrong. That being said, I'm not really running for president and I don't think murder is okay 4% of the time, so I'm going to have to side with not having dick-measuring contests. Has someone committed a crime? How do we try, convict and then rehabilitate them? We have a system and process for a reason, after all.

Killing people really, really doesn't solve anything. Is it necessary for soldiers to defend themselves and their country when an enemy force is invading? Yeah, sure. Is it necessary outside of war? No, it's not. We have a system and process in place, the answer is to work through the process--actually:

tl;dr: killing and torturing people is wrong and talking about it is also tasteless.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:52 am

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:56 am

Did you really just compare the boarder detainment centers with Nazi concentration camps? Really? I mean, I know Trump isn't exactly the least xenophobic guy out there, but Jesus mate, get a grip on reality. Over the course of the 7 years between 2003 (when the border detainment centers first started popping up) and 2010, only 107 people have died in custody or detainment with a grand total of 6 people under the Trump administration. Concentration camps were literally about actively working prisoners to death, starving them, abusing them, and even got to the point of executing prisoners for entertainment purposes.

There's a whole world of a difference between being detained in a makeshift detention center made to curb the inflow of illegal aliens unlawfully crossing the border and being in a legitimate concentration camp. Please don't undermine the horrors and tribulations of the Jewish people in WWII by comparing something that's objectively not as bad in a serious manner.
Damn right I fucking did because they are goddamn concentration camps, actual WW2 historians have fucking said so, so don't you fucking dare try and downplay the atrocities committed by agent orange:https://psmag.com/ideas/yes-trumps-dete ... tion-camps :evil:
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... ies-trump/

You think they went straight to gassing people overnight in Germany? No, that shit built up gradually over time and we're on track to becoming them.

Easy for white people like you to downplay Trump's actions. :roll:

You're the one that needs a "grip on reality", i'm guessing you failed history class.

Only 17 people died so that somehow makes it A-OK? you make me sick :evil:
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:07 am
(I.E. all those immigrants that died in those concentration camps)
This was happening long before Trump was in office. Just saying.
No it wasn't:https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ilies-was/

That's a bullshit myth perpetuated by alt-right douchebags.
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:44 am
Zeon_Grunt wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:17 amI identify as being "left-wing," more than almost any other political party, but if you ever ask me about my opinion on child molesters, it'll always be to periodically gather them all up on an island and nuke it to hell and back. Child molesters are sub-human filth that don't deserve the right to live as far as I'm concerned.
There's an old saying that one who is running for president is supposed to say "I'd kill them myself!" when asked if one would imprison or execute the rapist of one's spouse or child even if what you really believe is that capital punishment is wrong. That being said, I'm not really running for president and I don't think murder is okay 4% of the time, so I'm going to have to side with not having dick-measuring contests. Has someone committed a crime? How do we try, convict and then rehabilitate them? We have a system and process for a reason, after all.

Killing people really, really doesn't solve anything. Is it necessary for soldiers to defend themselves and their country when an enemy force is invading? Yeah, sure. Is it necessary outside of war? No, it's not. We have a system and process in place, the answer is to work through the process--actually:

tl;dr: killing and torturing people is wrong and talking about it is also tasteless.
Normally i'd agree, but i'm more then willing to make exceptions for mass-murders like the Aurora killer.

Oh and I don't buy into that "economic anxiety" nonsense excuse, that's always been a coded dogwhistle for "I feel threatened by minorities actually being successful"

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:01 am

So basically you're saying with our border policy on illegal immigration we're close to becoming like how Germany was under Hitler and the Nazis in the '30s/'40s both prior and during WWII? I'm sorry but i really don't agree with that, but me giving a long winded explanation as to why would just derail this thread even more than it already has been.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:03 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:01 am
So basically you're saying with our border policy we're close to becoming like how Germany was under Hitler in the '30s/'40s both prior and during WWII? I'm sorry but i just don't agree with that, and giving a long winded explanation as to why why would just derail this thread even more than it already has.
You can bury your head in the sand all you want, won't magically make it any less true, plenty of historians FAR smarter then you and I have said so and i'm inclined to listen them moreso then some random joe on the internet:https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... -historian
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019 ... etoric-and

You aren't giving an explanation because you don't really have a good one.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:19 am

Planetnamek wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:03 am
So basically you're saying with our border policy we're close to becoming like how Germany was under Hitler in the '30s/'40s both prior and during WWII? I'm sorry but i just don't agree with that, and giving a long winded explanation as to why why would just derail this thread even more than it already has.
You can bury your head in the sand all you want, won't magically make it any less true, plenty of historians FAR smarter then you and I have said so and i'm inclined to listen them moreso then some random joe on the internet:https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... -historian

I am not burying me head in the sand on this, and on another note i seriously don't see how in any way that the detainment facilities on the southern border can even remotely be compared to the Nazi concentration/death camps. Do you see the illegal immigrants there being forced to continuously labor until they die? No. Nor are they being systematically executed in gruesome ways (gassing, firing squads.etc) the way that those imprisoned at Auschwitz.etc were during the Holocaust, and really i'm not sure where those people like those in the above articles come to the idea that we've become like Nazi Germany due to this. We aren't a fascist dictatorship bent on conquering the world like they were which lead to the war, and these facilities don't automatically equate us to them. You think i haven't got an explanation, well i've read up on the history of the Holocaust more times than i can count so i'm not someone who's blindly ignorant to the subject and in reading between the lines again i just cannot see how what we're doing on the border to combat this issue even compares to the unspeakable acts of evil that Hitler and the Nazis perpetrated on an entire race of people.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:28 am

Ajay wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:04 am

This is still an astonishingly fucked up statement, and just gives this forum a bad name.
It's really so bad to wish he was stuck at home for a month or two?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:29 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:19 am

I am not burying me head in the sand, and on another note i seriously don't see how in any way that the detainment facilities on the southern border can be compared to the Nazi death camps. Do you see the illegal immigrants detained there being forced to continuously labor until they die? No. Nor are they being systematically executed in gruesome ways (gassing, firing squads.etc) the way that those imprisoned at Auschwitz.etc were during the Holocaust, and really i'm not sure where those people like those in the above articles come to the idea that we've become like Nazi Germany due to this. We aren't a fascist dictatorship bent on conquering the world like they were which lead to the war, and these facilities don't automatically equate us to them.
A minority group is being used as a scapegoat by the government to explain why the rest of the populace is suffering economic hardships. That's literally how the Holocaust began.

The United States is a fascist oligarchy in practice and a representational constitutional democracy in name only. We invade any country that won't give us their natural resources or tries to move to socialism, especially if it's a brown-majority country ala Bolivia. Afghanistan and Iraq? Minerals and oil, baby! Iran in 1953 had a democratically elected leader who was about to nationalize the oil industry to give the profits back to the people. The UK and the US didn't like this so they forced a coup.

The US government is corrupt and undemocratic as fuck.
She/Her
bisexual milf

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:47 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:29 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:19 am

I am not burying me head in the sand, and on another note i seriously don't see how in any way that the detainment facilities on the southern border can be compared to the Nazi death camps. Do you see the illegal immigrants detained there being forced to continuously labor until they die? No. Nor are they being systematically executed in gruesome ways (gassing, firing squads.etc) the way that those imprisoned at Auschwitz.etc were during the Holocaust, and really i'm not sure where those people like those in the above articles come to the idea that we've become like Nazi Germany due to this. We aren't a fascist dictatorship bent on conquering the world like they were which lead to the war, and these facilities don't automatically equate us to them.
A minority group is being used as a scapegoat by the government to explain why the rest of the populace is suffering economic hardships. That's literally how the Holocaust began.

The United States is a fascist oligarchy in practice and a representational constitutional democracy in name only. We invade any country that won't give us their natural resources or tries to move to socialism, especially if it's a brown-majority country ala Bolivia. Afghanistan and Iraq? Minerals and oil, baby! Iran in 1953 had a democratically elected leader who was about to nationalize the oil industry to give the profits back to the people. The UK and the US didn't like this so they forced a coup.

The US government is corrupt and undemocratic as fuck.
Fascist oligarchy? We aren't on the level of Germany under Hitler and the Nazis or Italy under Mussolini, where they had propaganda machines which built them up and made them out to be great but ultimately made their own people's lives worse rather than better. Also in terms of Iran you're talking about the Shah right? The 1979 revolution didn't happen because of us or the UK having influence, it was the radical theocrats who eventually assumed control as they desperately wanted to have it and thus forced the Shah out of power in the course of the uprising because they saw him as an obstacle to them being able to assert their radical ideology. Even now, we can see that the Iranian people immensely dislike the Ayatollah and mullah's rule and the economic hardship that has been wrought especially as of late.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:55 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:47 amFascist oligarchy? We aren't even close to approaching the level of Germany under Hitler and the Nazis or Italy under Mussolini, where they had propaganda machines which built them up and made them out to be great but ultimately made their people's lives worse rather than better.
Our propaganda machines are doing the same thing. Our post-LBJ presidents can lie all they want about making life for the people better but they have clearly done nothing but siphon working-class and minorities' money away from them since the 1970s and into the hands of the wealthy and corporations. They're even trying to do that now during a global pandemic!
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:47 amAlso in terms of Iran you're talking about the Shah right? The 1979 revolution didn't happen because of us or the UK having influince, it was the radical theocrats who eventually assumed control of the country as they desperately wanted to have it and thus forced the Shah out of power in the course of the uprising because they saw him as an obstacle to them being able to assert their radical ideology.
I'm talking about 1953, where the US saw a government working for the people, realized they would lose cheap oil, and then triggered a coup that led to the installment of their own puppet dictator, the Shah.
She/Her
bisexual milf

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:58 am

Edited..
After reading samurai's post (below) he's right.

I'm tired of how everything is turning political and it's really killing this forum. Yea, their is a huge rift in the country, but why here? We should be celebrating Dragon Ball and discussing it's problems.. one of dragon balls main theme's is that anyone can change for the better (unless youre Freeza lol)
Last edited by eledoremassis02 on Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:00 pm

I don't care if I get banned for saying this because this is the truth. This thread is the worst thread on this site and is a stain on this community. I'm saying this because there are no REAL discussions going on here. It's just hurling insults back and forth at one another. I'm not saying i'm taking anyone's sides either but I care about Kanzenshuu and it's community. That's why it's the only Anime forum that I belong too! And I hate seeing the community rip itself apart the way you all have. I've suffered from Depression for 6 years of my life now and I used to love coming to the forum to escape from things, not so much anymore because this topic sticks out like a sore thumb. Say what you want about me and my opinion on this subject. But I care about the community and wanted to say this and if that gets me banned for saying it then so be it. Let this stupid hick teach you people a little lesson. The worser you stir in shit the worser it stinks. Stop fighting with one another because ya'll aren't going to agree with one another anyways? Let this topic die for God's sake.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:28 am
Ajay wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:04 am

It's really so bad to wish he was stuck at home for a month or two?
No, it’s bad to wish somebody to get a currently widespread disease that’s pretty serious right now. It’s just really in poor taste man.