Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:34 am

QuakingStar wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:09 pm Both went SS, then SS2, then SS3, then CC goes SSGod to overpower Xeno SS3, who then goes SS4 and the beam clash explodes on CC Goku who then goes SSB. They are clearly depicted as even until MUI. They were smiling in SS2, and neither could gain an advantage. This continues to happen. It's quite clear they are now tied in base form, and SS4 is on the same level as SSBlue, while SS4LB is on the same level as UI-Sign(in power) and even with MUI both of them are evenly exhausted and bruised up at the end. Just as I thought it would end up being like, and I KNOW there are some people who don't like it :lol:
If blue is equal to 4 then thet proves my point that he needed to overpower 3 with god, because his 3 was strong enough to need him to do that. If they were equal or cc was stronger he'd continue on with 3 till xeno whipped out 4. Xeno would have needed 4 to win the beam struggle but he didn't CC went first.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:09 am

TobyS wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:34 am
QuakingStar wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:09 pm Both went SS, then SS2, then SS3, then CC goes SSGod to overpower Xeno SS3, who then goes SS4 and the beam clash explodes on CC Goku who then goes SSB. They are clearly depicted as even until MUI. They were smiling in SS2, and neither could gain an advantage. This continues to happen. It's quite clear they are now tied in base form, and SS4 is on the same level as SSBlue, while SS4LB is on the same level as UI-Sign(in power) and even with MUI both of them are evenly exhausted and bruised up at the end. Just as I thought it would end up being like, and I KNOW there are some people who don't like it :lol:
If blue is equal to 4 then thet proves my point that he needed to overpower 3 with god, because his 3 was strong enough to need him to do that. If they were equal or cc was stronger he'd continue on with 3 till xeno whipped out 4. Xeno would have needed 4 to win the beam struggle but he didn't CC went first.
That makes no sense, they were both just going from one evolution to the next and were clearly equal in 1, 2, 3, 4/Blue, and 4LB/UI-Sign. Goku CC used SSGod to overpower Goku Xeno using SS3 who he was tied with while also using SS3 therefor could not gain an advantage, Xeno then used SS4 to overpower Goku CC using SSGod.

They were equal AGAIN when Goku CC used SSBlue to combat Xeno using SS4, and then again with SS4LB vs UI-Sign and at the end of their battle both of them are equally bruised and equally exhausted.

The fact they were tied the whole way shows they finally caught up to each other from base up, and the only true advantage in power came when MUI was brought out.

It proves what I theorized, that CC Goku's multiple trainings he had received since the Prison Planet was massive enough to cover the difference between them and make them equal, allowing for the "ultimate final fight".

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:16 pm

So the new chapter is good. It makes a lot more sense how they fought and got absorbed without anyone looking dumb or others standing and watching it happen.

He absorbed hearts which allowed him to read minds making him far more OP.

When Buu absorbed people he didn't do it to gain extra abilities just power. And everyone was just supersaiyans, but now he wants to absorb everyone's forms.

He generally felt OP and the chapter was tense.

I'm excited to see where they go next.

Will the manga be out before the anime I heard the anime might be on hiatus and that one cgi ep was a one off?

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:09 am

A few images from METEOR MISSION #02 :

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Chap ... r_Mission)

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:35 pm

Same thing for METEOR MISSION #03 :

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Chap ... r_Mission)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:16 pm

The art for this series is always so interesting. I wish that there was more room to flesh out the characters a story a bit.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:05 pm

The references to old movies and shit is starting to be not cute anymore, I was fed up with the Demons but at least they were original.

TBH I hope the series ends or is radically reworked after this arc.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:26 am

I hope Towa will be back soon!!...

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:12 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:05 pm The references to old movies and shit is starting to be not cute anymore, I was fed up with the Demons but at least they were original.
The empty callbacks are silly yeah.

Gohan killing Bojack on the exact same way as before was whatever, but the dumbest one is fat Buu throwing a piece of himself at Vegeta, Vegeta being ensnared and Buu and getting beaten up, which, in Z was a brutal moment, but in this manga Vegeta's reaction to it was just "whatever".
TBH I hope the series ends or is radically reworked after this arc.
I think the manga will just go on hiatus until the games have other on going arcs to tell.

Is there even any villain left after this? As far as I remember everyone else has been dealt with and only Ozotto is left, unless they decide to bring back the demon guys for the nth time.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:35 pm

Wish there would be English and French official translations of this.

AfonsoPt

Post by AfonsoPt » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:02 pm

I have recently ordered the 3rd volume of “Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission!” and I was really excited because supposedly it would have included the two extra chapters from Jump Victory Carnival 2017 and 2019. The edition that I ordered was the Planeta Comic Spanish edition, but it turns out that the extra chapters were not included.

Can anyone confirm that the Japanese original version of this volume includes the extra chapters?

I have the same question for the extra chapters of “Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultra God Mission!” from Jump Victory Carnival 2022 and 2023, they were included or will be included in any of the collected volumes?

Jump Victory Carnival guidebooks are hard to get, and I am always after these rare Dragon Ball side stories!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:18 pm

AfonsoPt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:02 pm I have recently ordered the 3rd volume of “Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission!” and I was really excited because supposedly it would have included the two extra chapters from Jump Victory Carnival 2017 and 2019. The edition that I ordered was the Planeta Comic Spanish edition, but it turns out that the extra chapters were not included.

Can anyone confirm that the Japanese original version of this volume includes the extra chapters?

I have the same question for the extra chapters of “Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultra God Mission!” from Jump Victory Carnival 2022 and 2023, they were included or will be included in any of the collected volumes?

Jump Victory Carnival guidebooks are hard to get, and I am always after these rare Dragon Ball side stories!
No, none of that is true. The first two Dark Demon Realm Mission volumes have some "Charisma Mission" content, as does the first Universe Mission volume (I believe some of it is recycled from Saikyo Jump and then also some is new). The first two Big Bang Mission volumes have a couple pages of extra content that are unique to them (not JVC bonuses). The first Ultra God Mission volume has some illustration-to-final-artwork showcases and messages.

Unlike with Dragon Ball Super, I do not believe any of Nagayama's SDBH/JVC bonuses have been reprinted (at least from both memory from collecting all of this content along the way upon release, and an actual quick flipthrough right now of the respective Japanese volumes).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

AfonsoPt

Post by AfonsoPt » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:18 pm
AfonsoPt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:02 pm I have recently ordered the 3rd volume of “Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission!” and I was really excited because supposedly it would have included the two extra chapters from Jump Victory Carnival 2017 and 2019. The edition that I ordered was the Planeta Comic Spanish edition, but it turns out that the extra chapters were not included.

No, none of that is true. The first two Dark Demon Realm Mission volumes have some "Charisma Mission" content, as does the first Universe Mission volume (I believe some of it is recycled from Saikyo Jump and then also some is new). The first two Big Bang Mission volumes have a couple pages of extra content that are unique to them (not JVC bonuses). The first Ultra God Mission volume has some illustration-to-final-artwork showcases and messages.

Unlike with Dragon Ball Super, I do not believe any of Nagayama's SDBH/JVC bonuses have been reprinted (at least from both memory from collecting all of this content along the way upon release, and an actual quick flipthrough right now of the respective Japanese volumes).
Thanks for the clarification, awesome information. I now that the 3rd volume of Dark Demon Realm Mission has 2 exclusive pages not published in Saikyo Jump as well as the 3rd volume of UGM that also has some exclusive pages. Internet has a lot of wrong information, you can find several sources listing those JVC extras as part of collected SDBH volumes.

As you say, Dragon Ball Super and for example Dragon Ball SD JVC extras were included in collected volumes, that led me to believe that for SDBH it would be the same.

Do you know if there is any written summary or something describing the JVC extra chapters? I am specifically interested in the 2017, 2022 and 2023 side stories, but I can’t find any summary or description.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:28 am

AfonsoPt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 pm Do you know if there is any written summary or something describing the JVC extra chapters? I am specifically interested in the 2017, 2022 and 2023 side stories, but I can’t find any summary or description.
Sure! The Nagayama ones really just turn into quick little promotions for the series running in Saikyo Jump, rather than actually doing any kind of storytelling.

The 2017 Dark Demon Realm Mission one is two pages. Trunks is reading a time scroll and the panels are a bunch of CRT-looking-filters looking at fights they've had. The next page is Chronoa doing her little Time Patrol summon pose, and Goku and Vegeta appear as Trunks looks up. Then at the very bottom, Chronoa wonders who the boy with red hair is (Chamel), and says if she reads the series running in Saikyo Jump, maybe she'll learn.

For 2022, it's a two-page Ultra God Mission chapter with Super Saiyan Blue and Super Saiyan 4 Gokus fighting, and then there's just a brief mention of the Super Space Time Tournament with fighters from across history and a tease of Aeos(?) at the bottom, saying to read it in Saikyo Jump.

For 2023, it's another two-page Ultra God Mission chapter giving a super-quick catch-up on hey it's the Super Space Time Tournament, Demigra is here, Aeos and Chronoa are all magical and fighting, they've got their hope in Goku/Vegeta with Vegetto showcased behind them, and hey, go read it in Saikyo Jump!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:06 am

I've been reading Super Dragon Ball Heroes Dark Demon Realm, alongside Dragon Ball Super. Gotta say I really like the panel work in Super Dragon Ball Heroes! Toyotaro could learn things from this in addition to the original Dragon Ball manga run. Super feels like there's as much as possible that's cramped into each page and it becomes chaotic and not so enjoyable. Which is weird because it's the opposite from what Toriyama used to do.