DBZ rpg ideas

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

DBZ rpg ideas

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:59 pm

I was playing Kakarot and a thought came to me, I would really enjoy a future Trunks rpg. Think about it, a supplementary rpg covering his entire story showing his fights with Dabura and other potential enemies leading to Zamasu maybe. Hell make it it's own thing and have him fight the Dark Empire ending with a classic rpg battle of Trunks hero with a sword vs evil god Demigra. I don't know I think it'd be cool to see a game handle Trunks' story

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: DBZ rpg ideas

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:41 pm

You merely took my idea. :P

Anyway, yeah, I think if there is any interesting character worth getting a solo game is Trunks (and Bardock). As people seemingly don't get tired of retellings, then let's get it but at least make it unique somehow. We would be missing Saiyan saga and Freeza saga for obvious reasons, but we could get Cell saga entirely from Trunks' point of view; all his struggle in the future against the androids; a bit more about the Cell of his timeline leading to his easy death.

Then things would become hella interesting with Trunks version of Majin Buu saga. A lot (and I can't stress A LOT enough) can be explored, expanded, shown and introduced here, as they barely touched this territory. A bit about "slice of life" showing what the heck Trunks kept doing until the events of the Future Trunks saga began would be welcome too. Then finishing the saga (properly, this time) with him becoming Time Patroller, leading to the events of Dragon Ball Online.

As for Bardock, you can use him to explore more about the Saiyans. If he was alive when the Saiyans waged war against the Tsufurujins, then you'd have tons of possibilities here. We could even see a younger Bardock of some sorts and how he got the scar. We'd go all the way to the one-month timeskip between his arrival on the planet until its destruction. You could explain how the heck Bardock knew the exact day to go face Freeza, what made him sure that his feeling was right. Maybe tying the events with the one seen in the TV Special, or at least enough to give him the damn headband. Obviously finishing his story with him becoming a Time Breaker.

See, you have two storylines that can be in the same game. In the beginning it wouldn't make much sense, as Trunks and Bardock seemingly don't have anything to do with each other, but as you play it and get to know the end, things will fit nicely. Playing with Trunks would feel sort of "good side" and with Bardock the "bad side", which is also a concept some people ask for. Anyway, it would be great to have "Dragon Ball Z: Trunks" and "Dragon Ball Z: Bardock". Or "Dragon Ball Z: *insert a subtitle with a future thematic* (referecing Bardock and Trunks).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:33 am

Grimlock wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:41 pm You merely took my idea. :P

Anyway, yeah, I think if there is any interesting character worth getting a solo game is Trunks (and Bardock). As people seemingly don't get tired of retellings, then let's get it but at least make it unique somehow. We would be missing Saiyan saga and Freeza saga for obvious reasons, but we could get Cell saga entirely from Trunks' point of view; all his struggle in the future against the androids; a bit more about the Cell of his timeline leading to his easy death.

Then things would become hella interesting with Trunks version of Majin Buu saga. A lot (and I can't stress A LOT enough) can be explored, expanded, shown and introduced here, as they barely touched this territory. A bit about "slice of life" showing what the heck Trunks kept doing until the events of the Future Trunks saga began would be welcome too. Then finishing the saga (properly, this time) with him becoming Time Patroller, leading to the events of Dragon Ball Online.

As for Bardock, you can use him to explore more about the Saiyans. If he was alive when the Saiyans waged war against the Tsufurujins, then you'd have tons of possibilities here. We could even see a younger Bardock of some sorts and how he got the scar. We'd go all the way to the one-month timeskip between his arrival on the planet until its destruction. You could explain how the heck Bardock knew the exact day to go face Freeza, what made him sure that his feeling was right. Maybe tying the events with the one seen in the TV Special, or at least enough to give him the damn headband. Obviously finishing his story with him becoming a Time Breaker.

See, you have two storylines that can be in the same game. In the beginning it wouldn't make much sense, as Trunks and Bardock seemingly don't have anything to do with each other, but as you play it and get to know the end, things will fit nicely. Playing with Trunks would feel sort of "good side" and with Bardock the "bad side", which is also a concept some people ask for. Anyway, it would be great to have "Dragon Ball Z: Trunks" and "Dragon Ball Z: Bardock". Or "Dragon Ball Z: *insert a subtitle with a future thematic* (referecing Bardock and Trunks).
I didn't even notice you had the same thought :lol: Well my bad. Also that sounds cool, a time patrol/breaker origin for the both could be really cool

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:20 am

The timeframe would have a lot of potential, since there was a 1 year gap between Black's assault and the beginning of the Future Trunks arc, thus the game could fit into that gap and come up with a lot of stories we did not see in the anime. Also I'd like if the game was playable from Zamasu's perspective as well, showing him destroying mortal civilizations across the cosmos (he destroyed countless mortal civilizations before attacking the Earth).

There are those games where you have a default "Hero" campaign and then you can unlock a "Villain" campaign, having only Trunks as playable would not be using the full potential of this storyline (especially since Zamasu is a villain we can relate to and thus would make for an interesting protagonist, he's not someone like Buu who is just pure evil and isn't interesting).

Let's address the elephant in the room: an entire game devoted just to this setting is unlikely to happen. However I could see a dlc of Kakarot (especially since they also said they were making original stories) set in this timeframe.

Ongam

Post by Ongam » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:48 pm

I'd like a RPG set in the Demon Realm myself, maybe from Beelzebub's P.O.V (Dabura's son.) There's so much lore to explore there, it's a whole new world that only ever gets shown as background imagery or battlegrounds. Marketing an RPG that is from a villain's stand point, especially demons, might be hard though.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:03 am

I'd like to see a traditional turn based adventure RPG with the Dragon Ball characters recast into new roles but with the same personalities, kind of like the Cross Epoch manga.