Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:08 pm

I'm curious what Toyotaro would have done next if he was never hire by Shueisha? Would he done his own original story or just adapt more fan fiction from other AF stories & rumors back in the day?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 5 HD release complete

Post by macho_man » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:24 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:08 pm I'm curious what Toyotaro would have done next if he was never hire by Shueisha? Would he done his own original story or just adapt more fan fiction from other AF stories & rumors back in the day?
He wasn't really satisfied by the spin-off DBZERO and he promised to focus going on with the DBAF story. So probably he would have completed it and just after finishing it he would have done some other spin off. But we live in the real world and not in a what-if one, so probably we'll never know.

Detective X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Detective X » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:34 pm

This is incredibly relevant to my interests and I will be checking it out!! Very cool!!!
We Gotta Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/@wegottapod

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:36 pm

So 1) How do you know what Toyo was planning to do?

2) How can we fans of this help out?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:50 pm

I do like how the Shadow Dragons don''t feel like villains. They feel like neutral beings instead.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:21 pm

GTx10 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:36 pm So 1) How do you know what Toyo was planning to do?

2) How can we fans of this help out?
Well, since this is the topic of toyble's doujinshis until the point he told his story and my recent release (vol. 5) was the development of his drafts, I was thinking that for a continuation release it's better to open a new topic, maybe the mods will agree with this decision too.

Replying to your questions:
1) I've studied his story, his sources, his posts on his former blog "toyblog". It's my guesswork, not absolute certainty so that's why I would like to discuss with interested people in a new topic;
2) you can help out by discussing with fans of this project including me. If will come the moment to give ink to our ideas, donations to the artist Rogeru will be needed in order to draw the pages for the continuation of the story. Redrawing the drafts for volume 5 has been 95% donations of mine.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:48 pm

I'm surprised. Many fan projects don't charge for their work. I mean people do yes, but ok. So really you need people to help bounce ideas off of each other.

But the next chapter will probably be the big fight between Goku and Xicor I assume yes?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:37 pm

GTx10 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:48 pm I'm surprised. Many fan projects don't charge for their work. I mean people do yes, but ok. So really you need people to help bounce ideas off of each other.

But the next chapter will probably be the big fight between Goku and Xicor I assume yes?
Since I've hired a professional artist that stays on many Dragon Ball fan projects (he has also completed FnF manga), it's correct that his time and work should be paid.
I'll open a new topic tomorrow dedicated to the continuation of this project, I'll add the link here. And yes, vol. 6 should be Son Goku vs Xicor and vol. 7 the final volume. About final volume, 20 pages are taken from original ending toyble already released, the one with Goku Jr., Vegeta Jr., Pan and Kame Sen'nin
, the previous 40 pages would be the conclusion of the Xicor arc.

Even excluding this, I've got one more surprise about toyble original run I'll release here very soon.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:24 pm

I'm going to laugh when Toyble's DBAF finishes before DBM. Glad to see Xicor is back. While I don't want him to be a good guy I hope Goku defeats him and doesn't kill him. Him going to the Dragon realm for example in place of Goku would be an interesting twist.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:32 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:24 pm I'm going to laugh when Toyble's DBAF finishes before DBM. Glad to see Xicor is back. While I don't want him to be a good guy I hope Goku defeats him and doesn't kill him. Him going to the Dragon realm for example in place of Goku would be an interesting twist.
It's great to see still some interest for this project! Sorry for not having given you an update for this until now. The project has gone from open source to closed source: the plot is being written by me and an important mate known well in the early '00 DB fandom, but at the moment I can't reveal who he is. The other one is Rogeru with the inks obviously. It's a project that will need the contribute of fans as a crowdfunding project. Your opinions are important for our project!!
Replying to you yeah, Son Goku is his father, so in my intentions Xicor will not be killed at the end of this story arc, and him going to the Ryu'oshin Realm (but not in place of Son Goku) is a path I've already taken into account.
Thing are still being defined, stay tuned. :wave: