Calling it! Vegeta is going to get Moro’s energy stealing technique + Immunity to it aswell!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Calling it! Vegeta is going to get Moro’s energy stealing technique + Immunity to it aswell!

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu May 21, 2020 3:18 pm

It’s right there in the manga itself folks. A few chapters back, Vegeta was on the receiving end, getting drained by Pybara. He was on the ground looking exhausted, and told Pybara to try it again. Back here, he was training DEFENSIVELY to get immunity for it. Right now, in this latest manga chapter, he has trained OFFENSIVELY. Where now, he managed to drain all the little Yardratians! It’s right there folks. They’re not hiding it.

What else could you possibly make of Vegeta sticking his hands out to a party, with said party laying on the ground, appearing VISIBLY drained!???

Occam’s Razor folks!

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Calling it! Vegeta is going to get Moro’s energy stealing technique + Immunity to it aswell!

Post by emperior » Thu May 21, 2020 4:15 pm

Vegeta also didn’t need to be healed after succeeding doing the move in the last chapter so yeah, I agree with you. He’s probably learned both how to drain and how to not be drained.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: Calling it! Vegeta is going to get Moro’s energy stealing technique + Immunity to it aswell!

Post by Matches Malone » Thu May 21, 2020 5:03 pm

I completely agree, as it's clear he intends to not only block his powers, but give him a taste of his own medicine. What I'm interested in at this point is what comes next. It's safe to say he'll beat Moro in their one on one fight, but after that ? 7-3 is clearly being saved for something so I assume it's to save Moro, so will Vegeta take on both of them, as 7-3 also has Moro's draining ability ? Or will Buu come back to seal Moro, resulting in him and Vegeta teaming up, while Goku and the z fighters take on 7-3 ?

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Thu May 21, 2020 8:53 pm

If that is what his new tehnique is gonna be, then I'm really gonna be dissapointed. :thumbdown:

Something hyped as being above Shunkaido, it needs to at least be related to manipulation of time, alternate dimensions, reality warping, creation and destruction, etc...

Energy absorption is just meh, with, or without immunity.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu May 21, 2020 9:15 pm

I hope its more like energy manipulation along the lines of Green Lantern & Wonderman.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu May 21, 2020 9:45 pm

It's looking to be the plausible result of his training. A number of us don't particularly care for the idea as it's merely a retread of a long developed technical concept dating back to the android/cyborg duo in #19 and #20. The practical applications make sense in the given scenario as Vegeta would want a means to counteract what it is that's obstructing his raw fisticuffs style.

I just hope there's something more to Vegeta's efforts than energy absorption and a teleportation accessory.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri May 22, 2020 1:30 pm

That would be extra cheap in my opinion. The guy has strange energy suck powers, so I'll learn a strange power that will negate strange energy suck powers lol. But it's probably gonna be the case, what else would it be.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Vegeta will probably have found a way to manipulate and control energy (including his own Ki) in a way he can withstand to Moros attacks.
And to an extend battle Moro with his own arms.
He may however have learned a unique way of control from the Yardrats. Moro is no Yardratian.
The Yardrats can do other stuff with their Spirit Control Moro hasn't shown yet, such as Gigantification.
And maybe even some other things we haven't seen yet.
I hope there are some original attack- / defense-mechanisms involved that stand on their own and are not an exact copycat of Moros abilities.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri May 22, 2020 5:15 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm Vegeta will probably have found a way to manipulate and control energy (including his own Ki).
That would explain why Gohan and Piccolo didn't notice a difference in his power, despite him showing otherwise on Yardrat while fighting Moro's men.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri May 22, 2020 5:48 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:15 pm
Mister_Popo wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm Vegeta will probably have found a way to manipulate and control energy (including his own Ki).
That would explain why Gohan and Piccolo didn't notice a difference in his power, despite him showing otherwise on Yardrat while fighting Moro's men.

I am actually looking forward to this battle, because i don't expect the emphasis to lie this time (in contrary to Goku vs Moro) on classic martial arts. I hope we get a unique battle between two guys that are basically sorcerers when it comes to Ki-manipulation.
I truely hope Toyotaro nails this one completely right.

It would make sense for Vegeta to defeat Moro together with Daikaioshin.
The only thing i don't like about it, it's we were able to predict it.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Fri May 22, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri May 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:48 pmI am actually looking forward to this battle, because i don't expect the emphasis to lie this time (in contrary to Goku vs Moro) on classic martial arts. I hope we get a unique battle between two guys that are basically sorcerers when it comes to Ki-manipulation.
With how much focus there was on power with the previous fight, I definitely think it will shift to techniques and tricks. We'll probably see Vegeta's strategic mind in full display. In terms of the ending being predictable, at this point we've probably predicted every possible outcome, so there's not much room for surprises. What matters is how it's done.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri May 22, 2020 6:10 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:59 pm
Mister_Popo wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:48 pmI am actually looking forward to this battle, because i don't expect the emphasis to lie this time (in contrary to Goku vs Moro) on classic martial arts. I hope we get a unique battle between two guys that are basically sorcerers when it comes to Ki-manipulation.
With how much focus there was on power with the previous fight, I definitely think it will shift to techniques and tricks. We'll probably see Vegeta's strategic mind in full display. In terms of the ending being predictable, at this point we've probably predicted every possible outcome, so there's not much room for surprises. What matters is how it's done.

Chances are indeed high the ending will have one or more elements we had predicted in some way.
It would be better if it weren't, but that i could still understand if it's very well written.
What i'd like is the road till we get there from now, has a surprising flow to it, more like the stuff on New Namek.
So:
- we can't almost predict what's going to happen in the next chapter, like it's been since New Namek.
- the arc develops fasters towards the ending, with other stuff going on besides fighting alone.
- we get some intresting plottwists we hadn't seen coming right away.
That's mainly what i meant.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am

I also expect that will be what it is. Like I said elsewhere I don’t necessarily care if Vegeta doesn’t win but if that’s the move he does get and he doesn’t win I think that would be more disappointing. Mainly because that’s the type of move that would only be relevant here

Even if he can continue to do it later I can’t see Vegeta’s pride letting him steal energy. It’s different here because It’s a way to counter Moro and since Moro does the same Vegeta wouldn’t have the same issue Stealing and using someone’s power he normally would have.

So basically if that is indeed the move he gets and he doesn’t win it will feel like nothing significant was earned. But I hope I am wrong somehow.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:03 am

Kinokima wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am I also expect that will be what it is. Like I said elsewhere I don’t necessarily care if Vegeta doesn’t win but if that’s the move he does get and he doesn’t win I think that would be more disappointing. Mainly because that’s the type of move that would only be relevant here

Even if he can continue to do it later I can’t see Vegeta’s pride letting him steal energy. It’s different here because It’s a way to counter Moro and since Moro does the same Vegeta wouldn’t have the same issue Stealing and using someone’s power he normally would have.

So basically if that is indeed the move he gets and he doesn’t win it will feel like nothing significant was earned. But I hope I am wrong somehow.
Good post. I agree with everything you said here.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat May 23, 2020 11:23 am

Kinokima wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 amIf that is indeed the move he gets and he doesn’t win it will feel like nothing significant was earned. But I hope I am wrong somehow.
If he doesn't win (who kills Moro and how is different), this entire arc will have been the biggest waste of time I can think of. I have no issue with vegeta or anyone else losing, it happens all the time, but I do expect payoff for something that will have been built up to for a year.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat May 23, 2020 6:53 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am I also expect that will be what it is. Like I said elsewhere I don’t necessarily care if Vegeta doesn’t win but if that’s the move he does get and he doesn’t win I think that would be more disappointing. Mainly because that’s the type of move that would only be relevant here

This feels like a balloon with no air.
That is basically the same as 'Goku with (M)Ui should have won the TOP ... alone, without any doubt', because that's the only move that could have concluded TOP, and if it wouldn't have, he shouldn't have mastered the form later on, because it may not be relevant anymore? The form however, although not mastered yet will prove to have some relevance later on in the story. Otherwise it's implementation would basically have no sense from now on.
There is a difference between gaining the capacity to aim at a certain goal in a certain arc and the story determining whether or not it has a later goal.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat May 23, 2020 7:56 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:53 pm

That is basically the same as 'Goku with (M)Ui should have won the TOP ... alone, without any doubt', because that's the only move that could have concluded TOP, and if it wouldn't have, he shouldn't have mastered the form later on, because it may not be relevant anymore? The form however, although not mastered yet will prove to have some relevance later on in the story. Otherwise it's implementation would basically have no sense from now on.
There is a difference between gaining the capacity to aim at a certain goal in a certain arc and the story determining whether or not it has a later goal.

Well I’d argue UI continues to be relevant even just in promotion in merchandise & games. It continues to be a big thing for the series.

I don’t know what the relevance of this new move will be for Vegeta but if it’s something that’s never mentioned again & it accomplishes absolutely nothing I’ll find that very disappointing.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun May 24, 2020 6:28 am

Kinokima wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:56 pm
Mister_Popo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:53 pm

Well I’d argue UI continues to be relevant even just in promotion in merchandise & games. It continues to be a big thing for the series.

I don’t know what the relevance of this new move will be for Vegeta but if it’s something that’s never mentioned again & it accomplishes absolutely nothing I’ll find that very disappointing.

I agree it would be very disappointing if it were a one-arc-move, never to be see again thereafter.
Like Instant Transmission was first teased and then thrown away.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:58 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:15 pm
Well, they shouldn’t be able to sense SSBE Vegeta’s energy since it has God Ki (Or at least again, it SHOULD have God Ki)

But then again, this is the Manga, so it can be pretty weirdly written at times.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:02 pm

I still think their going to close out the year of Gogeta with Gogeta winning,