Shouldn't Trunks' 2nd trip in main timeline after 3 years to help Z fighters fight androids create another alternate TL

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Shouldn't Trunks' 2nd trip in main timeline after 3 years to help Z fighters fight androids create another alternate TL

Post by Ripper 30 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:33 am

Trunks first trip resulted in him killing Freeza in place of Goku and changing history, then he came back to same timeline 3 years later to help them fight androids so shouldn't that have created another alternative timeline due to second visit in the same timeline?
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Shouldn't Trunks' 2nd trip in main timeline after 3 years to help Z fighters fight androids create another alternate

Post by wolflonnie » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:09 pm

It is explained in DBS: since the coordinates of the time machine weren't altered, Trunks kept travelling to the same parallel universe.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Shouldn't Trunks' 2nd trip in main timeline after 3 years to help Z fighters fight androids create another alternate

Post by Lionel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:41 am

You would think the time machine used by the Cell we know would have landed him in the fourth unseen timeline where Trunks came to the aid of the Z-Warriors yet diverged the sequence of events by making use of the cyborg blueprints to create a shutdown remote. It's where that second Future Trunks who used the remote had first travelled to.

What I find to be odd is how the Daizenshuu mentions the Cell Games taking place in the unseen fourth timeline. Unless the active Cell in that timeline emerged after its development two years following the original ending of Dragon Ball manga, then proceeded to absorb both cyborgs, the implication would be that there's yet another timeline we're not aware of that this other Cell emerged from. It's from there that you have even more unanswered questions like what became of that fifth timeline's Trunks and what he did.

If I were Trunks, I would have ventured to the third and fourth timelines to learn of how they're doing. Earth in the timeline of the Cell we know would be devoid of any protectors. Considering the absence of any power beacons to entice would-be conquerors and enemies into attacking the planet, Earth might actually enjoy a long period of peace in that timeline -- the only potential threat may be Zeno and his contemplation of erasing the lowest ranking universes. It's the fourth unseen timeline where I feel things would be most interesting.