What is the main reason Vegeta's fans are furious with DBS Chapter 61?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hellomotto

What is the main reason Vegeta's fans are furious with DBS Chapter 61?

Post by hellomotto » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:14 am

Throughout the original Dragon Ball volumes, Akira Toriyama has written Vegeta as a prideful and cocky character. I understand he had character development in the Boo arc when he realised Goku was #1 and fought to save the people he cared for instead of just himself, but at his core Vegeta also has been and will be prideful and cocky, so why are fans so mad at Vegeta losing? Vegeta always gain new power than pride gets the better of him and point to himself and declares his superiority and then loses. Does fans expect the writers to forget about Vegeta's nature and write him completely different from his character?

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: What is the main reason Vegeta's fans are furious with DBS Chapter 61?

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:47 am

Good question, because from what I saw, Vegeta won that fight and then some. He beat Moro in a one on one fight, which is something no one could do before, and as a bonus, he gave the universe its energy back and restored some of the Namakians Moro killed. The only way Moro was able to take out Vegeta was through fusion, and I wonder what would happen to Moro if Vegeta also decided to fuse with a certain someone.

As someone who considers Vegeta his favorite character, I have to say that the majority of Vegeta fans are spoiled, as nothing seems to satisfy them. No character in DB, not even Goku, has benefited more from modern DB than Vegeta has. He has gotten multiple great fights and moments under his belt since BOG, yet for some unknown reason, his fan base doesn't see any of it. Any time Vegeta does something impressive, the general response from his fan base is "well, it wasn't as good as Goku's "insert moment here". To that I say, who cares ? If Goku happens to take down fused Moro with MUI (which I doubt will happen), does that take anything away from what Vegeta did before ? Of course not. I couldn't be more happier with what he's gotten in modern DB, and I wish more of his fans felt the same way.

I personally expect Vegeta to get the final attack on Moro, and ultimately be the hero of this arc, but if he doesn't, he still did an A+ job, and that's good enough for me. So far, this has been Vegeta's best showing, so it's not like he got a downgrade in this arc.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:00 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:47 am Good question, because from what I saw, Vegeta won that fight and then some. He beat Moro in a one on one fight, which is something no one could do before, and as a bonus, he gave the universe its energy back and restored some of the Namakians Moro killed. The only way Moro was able to take out Vegeta was through fusion, and I wonder what would happen to Moro if Vegeta also decided to fuse with a certain someone.

As someone who considers Vegeta his favorite character, I have to say that the majority of Vegeta fans are spoiled, as nothing seems to satisfy them. No character in DB, not even Goku, has benefited more from modern DB than Vegeta has. He has gotten multiple great fights and moments under his belt since BOG, yet for some unknown reason, his fan base doesn't see any of it. Any time Vegeta does something impressive, the general response from his fan base is "well, it wasn't as good as Goku's "insert moment here". To that I say, who cares ? If Goku happens to take down fused Moro with MUI (which I doubt will happen), does that take anything away from what Vegeta did before ? Of course not. I couldn't be more happier with what he's gotten in modern DB, and I wish more of his fans felt the same way.

I personally expect Vegeta to get the final attack on Moro, and ultimately be the hero of this arc, but if he doesn't, he still did an A+ job, and that's good enough for me. So far, this has been Vegeta's best showing, so it's not like he got a downgrade in this arc.
Yes. Vegeta fanboys are by far the most ungrateful and whiniest people in the DB fandom (and I say this as someone who considers Vegeta the best character in the franchise).

Even if Vegeta was the one to beat Moro in the end, Vegeta stans would still whine about, downplay it, and never be satisfied :roll:

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:09 pm

hellomotto wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:14 am Throughout the original Dragon Ball volumes, Akira Toriyama has written Vegeta as a prideful and cocky character. I understand he had character development in the Boo arc when he realised Goku was #1 and fought to save the people he cared for instead of just himself, but at his core Vegeta also has been and will be prideful and cocky, so why are fans so mad at Vegeta losing? Vegeta always gain new power than pride gets the better of him and point to himself and declares his superiority and then loses. Does fans expect the writers to forget about Vegeta's nature and write him completely different from his character?
He stopped doing that after the Cell Games. He wasnt overconfident at all when fighting Fat Buu (where he didnt expect to even survive), Kid Buu (who he never even believed he could beat and fought him to give more to Goku), Beerus (Vegeta was the only Z-Fighter in BoG see him as the threat he was), Broly, etc. He was only overconfident against Hit & Goku Black (1st fight) because he had no idea what they were capable of at first, and challenged Jiren in the ToP because he was expecting to break his limits by doing so (which he did).

God
Banned

Post by God » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:51 am

People are upset the arc didn't end right there, with Vegeta killing Moro in the most anticlimactic way possible. They don't care about storytelling and just want their favorite character to finish the main antagonist of this arc as soon as possible.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:38 am

Personally, I wasn't really furious. I was mostly disappointed that I wasn't necessarily shocked by what happened. It made Moro a little less original to me and his design far worse. I personally didn't like Vegeta getting one-shotted in this chapter, I think it would have been better to save it for the next one because now everyone can clown on Vegeta's pose. I just think the development was a little lazy. Not furious nor mad with Vegeta's part, just felt a little meh to me. However, one issue with Vegeta is I find nothing Moro said really warranted a moment of pause. It felt like Vegeta should have just wiped him out. I don't like that Vegeta someone who is smart and learns from his mistakes repeated the exact same mistake he made in RoF

God
Banned

Post by God » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:49 am

Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:38 am It made Moro a little less original to me and his design far worse.
Bad opinion.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:08 pm

God wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:49 am
Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:38 am It made Moro a little less original to me and his design far worse.
Bad opinion.
I'm sorry? My opinion is bad? How does that work.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:00 pm

I'm disappointed that Vegeta's technique really didn't matter against Moro's copy & paste of his own power from 7-3. Its somewhat implied that Moro's power-up is now permanent and isn't reliant on the amount of life energy he had stolen before, meaning that Vegeta's technique will be useless in de-powering Moro a second time. What we can currently hope for is that Goku will achieve MUI with Vegeta to back him up or that Merus will break the Angel code and interfere in the fight.
Spirit Fission, sadly, ended up being a macguffin towards the real battle and that Vegeta's effort to learn it in defeating Moro was just part of the plan.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:28 am

theherodjl wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:00 pmIts somewhat implied that Moro's power-up is now permanent and isn't reliant on the amount of life energy he had stolen before, meaning that Vegeta's technique will be useless in de-powering Moro a second time.
You're forgetting about Vegeta's second technique, his ability to defuse fused characters.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:21 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:28 amYou're forgetting about Vegeta's second technique, his ability to defuse fused characters.
And Moro still has his magic, a secret technique or two that he has yet to show off, and full access to 7-3's ability. Moro probably touched Vegeta's neck prior to curbstomping him to the ground so its really not looking good for the team right now.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: