Who is worthy to lift Thor's hammer Mjolnir?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Who is worthy to lift Thor's hammer Mjolnir?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:42 pm

In terms of worthiness, I'd say Gohan and/or Future Trunks.

Goku's an idiot, Vegeta's too proud, Krillin's too cowardly, Roshi's a pervert, Piccolo's a demon (though he could be a runner-up after the above two), Goten and Trunks are too young, and the Androids are apathetic to morality.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

dragonmagico
Beyond Newbie

Re: Who is worthy to lift Thor's hammer Mjolnir?

Post by dragonmagico » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Future trunks and *maybe* cell games gohan. current gohan hahaha not even a chance. He saw twice how him stopping training lead to the deaths of people he supposedly loved and still didnt get back into it until the TOP.

The first time, if he hadnt stopped training majin vegeta wouldnt have happened and dabura would have just been killed and buu woulda been stopped. And the entire dang earth wouldnt have been destroyed nor would all its inhabitants been killed. Even after that he stopped training, then freeza came along and killed piccolo because of it. and he still didnt really get back into it until the TOP. honestly he is the least worthy to hold the hammer.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:38 pm

Hahahaha...no one is worthier than Current Gohan. He is kindness and purity incarnate. Mjolnir is not an edgelord test, dragonmagico.

I think SSJ2 Gohan is an awful person.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:18 pm

Future Trunks is the easiest choice...I think Mjolnir would probably count Gohan's lack of true battle spirit against him, despite his completely pure and altruistic intentions.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:29 pm

There's no real consistent standard in-universe for who can and can't lift it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:30 pm

I think Kid Goku would have had a pretty good shot at it during the Red Ribbon Arc.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:58 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:42 pm Image

In terms of worthiness, I'd say Gohan and/or Future Trunks.

Goku's an idiot, Vegeta's too proud, Krillin's too cowardly, Roshi's a pervert, Piccolo's a demon (though he could be a runner-up after the above two), Goten and Trunks are too young, and the Androids are apathetic to morality.
Srsly...just what has Gohan proved so far to show himself to be worthy of wielding Thor, God of Thunder's 🔨😏

Goku is literal God. He has saved Earth, Galaxy & Universe I'm sure even he himself or Toriyama would've lost count... dude's heart is pure as crystal & who else besides him deserves to wield Mjolnir?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Vijay wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:58 pmGoku is literal God. He has saved Earth, Galaxy & Universe I'm sure even he himself or Toriyama would've lost count... dude's heart is pure as crystal & who else besides him deserves to wield Mjolnir?
Wouldn't Goku's willingness to put everyone and everything at risk for a fight be used against him ? I can't see anyone besides Gohan and Future Trunks being worthy. If Uub remains as pure as he was in EOZ, maybe he could after being trained properly.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:34 pm

For thousands of years, Thor was a huge battle-junky just like Goku and was still considered worthy. Although it's a boring answer, Goku is a go-to to lift Mjolnir. I reckon Whis and most of the Angels could too.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:50 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:43 pm
Vijay wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:58 pmGoku is literal God. He has saved Earth, Galaxy & Universe I'm sure even he himself or Toriyama would've lost count... dude's heart is pure as crystal & who else besides him deserves to wield Mjolnir?
Wouldn't Goku's willingness to put everyone and everything at risk for a fight be used against him ? I can't see anyone besides Gohan and Future Trunks being worthy. If Uub remains as pure as he was in EOZ, maybe he could after being trained properly.
While that has always been a trait of Goku's, I feel he is most like that in Super. I feel like in Dragon Ball from the RR Army Saga thru Cell especially, while he made some seemingly crazy putting-everything-on-the-line decisions, protecting his friends and loved ones was still incredibly important to him. Same with GT to a degree. With Super ofc that's out of the window. However, I also think there's a strong enough case against Goku wielding Mjolnir.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Gohan (although he would have become unworthy when he first became SSJ2 and as Mystic against Buu), Future Trunks...and possibly 17 in Super.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:04 am

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:43 pm
I wasn't talkin abt DBS Goku😂

Was referring to og DB chibi Goku & Z Goku

You said it urself. If EoZ Uub himself cud wield Mjolnir, then his teacher Goku cud

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:33 am

Vijay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:04 amI wasn't talkin abt DBS Goku😂

You said it urself. If EoZ Uub himself cud wield Mjolnir, then his teacher Goku cud
I agree that Classic Goku has a far better chance than Super's Goku, but he did put everyone at risk for a good fight with the androids. I guess killing them before they did something wrong is also bad.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:46 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:33 am

I agree that Classic Goku has a far better chance than Super's Goku, but he did put everyone at risk for a good fight with the androids. I guess killing them before they did something wrong is also bad.
It's author's choice. By squashing Android before Gero even create them wud nullify whatever hype Future Trunks created abt the Androids...plus just how are u gonna move your story into next main Arc when the heroes squash the villains in just 1 or 2 chapters before they even make a move 😂😂😂

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:14 am

Vijay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:46 amIt's author's choice. By squashing Android before Gero even create them wud nullify whatever hype Future Trunks created abt the Androids...plus just how are u gonna move your story into next main Arc when the heroes squash the villains in just 1 or 2 chapters before they even make a move 😂😂😂
I'm not saying it was the wrong decision, as Goku even mentions it being wrong to kill someone before they do something wrong, I just don't know how it'll set with Mjolnie. I agree Goku has a chance of being worthy, I'm just not sure it's as high as Gohan and Trunks.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:15 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:33 am

Nothing said he had to kill the androids, or even Gero (even if the argument that Gero hadn't done anything wrong yet makes no sense, given that he worked for the Red Ribbon Army and was actively building a pair of genocidal robots for nefarious purposes).

They could've stopped Gero through non-lethal means and destroyed his lab/research. No killing required. It would've resulted a boring story, but it wouldn't have made the protagonists look like selfish and reckless dumbasses.

Back on topic, the only adult version of Goku I think would stand a chance would be Saiyan arc Goku, before his character got poisoned by his Saiyan nature. Maybe Kid Goku too, although he didn't have any problems with killing people who stood in his way.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:06 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:14 am
Vijay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:46 amIt's author's choice. By squashing Android before Gero even create them wud nullify whatever hype Future Trunks created abt the Androids...plus just how are u gonna move your story into next main Arc when the heroes squash the villains in just 1 or 2 chapters before they even make a move 😂😂😂
I'm not saying it was the wrong decision, as Goku even mentions it being wrong to kill someone before they do something wrong, I just don't know how it'll set with Mjolnie. I agree Goku has a chance of being worthy, I'm just not sure it's as high as Gohan and Trunks.
I just don't understand why ur so fixated with Gohan & Trunks 😏 gosh...at least with Future Trunks I can understand...but Gohan? Really?🤨

I'm sure you would've watched Avengers: Endgame by now. So no spoilers

To be able to wield Mjolnir, you gotta prove urself to be worthy. Just being a scholar or receivin asspull potential unlock by swinging sword or sitting ya ass down for 2 days ain't gonna automatically make you "worthy"😂

You gotta earn it man. Captain America has time & again proved himself to be worthy. Despite being malnourished, physically weak boy, Steve volunteered himself to participate in World War just to protect his country. Then saved his battalion from villain's camp. Sacrificed his love, his time for the world in Avengers. Then, saved millions of world citizens & high-profile Avengers from Hydra & fought his friend. Went up against the very system just to prove Bucky's innocence. Despite becomin a fugitive, he still attempted to protect the world & universe from Thanos in IW.

And...that worthy moment came @ Endgame...

Talk abt the selfless-ness, that sacrifice, that heart, that purity of soul Steve Rogers possessed to be able to wield Godly 🔨

Compare all of that...with Gohan who was "pushed" into fight or battles 90% of the time in Z...and even then, dude either turns into pessimistic prick, fcks up the fight or gets absorbed eventually getting killed & becomin a scholar😂😂😂kikiki

Worthy indeed

dragonmagico
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonmagico » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:44 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:38 pm Hahahaha...no one is worthier than Current Gohan. He is kindness and purity incarnate. Mjolnir is not an edgelord test, dragonmagico.

I think SSJ2 Gohan is an awful person.
Nothing edgelord about it, gohan just isnt a good person. He doesnt step up until the last second. He doesnt keep in shape(until maybe right at the end of super) because he assumes ether theres no need to or his dad will take care of everything, and because of that billions of people died. Even after he learned the first time why he needs to keep in shape he didnt, and due to that his best friend died. Even after that he didnt get back into training until it was ether he does or the universe goes boom. Hes shown he cares more about big brains than protecting people. Yes you can have both but he hasnt found that balance. Or at the very least we havent seen him keep it. He was my favorite character throughout Z, i loved his story arc. but man modern gohan is kinda a dick, and i honestly dont think he could pick up the hammer.

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:02 am

Perhaps Mjolnir and Kintoun/Flaying Nimbus have have similar rules for worthiness, eh?
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:03 pm

John Pannozzi wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:02 am Perhaps Mjolnir and Kintoun/Flaying Nimbus have have similar rules for worthiness, eh?
Probably not. For the latter it seems you just have to be a basically decent person, for the former it's some super rare quality that 99% of heroes don't have.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147